Gun Nutella

reverse_rpm

Jan 8, 2014
I thought the look of the previous pannels were just experiments, but i can see now that it's here to stay.
I absolutely approve of the new art! It feels like the characters have grown durring the time with the comic.
It made me remember L4D's AMMO HERE! ...but i don't know what game this is about :(

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
..The joke is that a "assault gun" doesn't exist and a shotgun fires shells, not bullets, right?
It might seem obvious to some of you, but I know little about guns, and thus I am unsure if I got the joke or not.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I do this to my gun enthusiast friend too sometimes. It's always hilarious when he falls for it because I've done it so many times and he still can't stop himself from correcting me.

Catface Meowmers

Bless My Nippers!
Aug 29, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Gun enthusiasts?

What the hell is a gun?

Those things look like rooty tooty point and shooties.
Quite right, old chap. If I knew you I'd buy you a chocolate globbernaught from the shop.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Realitycrash said:
..The joke is that a "assault gun" doesn't exist and a shotgun fires shells, not bullets, right?
It might seem obvious to some of you, but I know little about guns, and thus I am unsure if I got the joke or not.
It's like calling Link 'Zelda', or referring to a PS4 as 'a Nintendo'.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
All I know is that bullet-things go inside then come out very fast. D:

reverse_rpm said:
I thought the look of the previous pannels were just experiments, but i can see now that it's here to stay.
I absolutely approve of the new art! It feels like the characters have grown durring the time with the comic.
It's very weird, because the description says "Follow Grey and Cory on Twitter", but the last few comics have been drawn by Rachel Baggs. I don't know if this is permanent or if Cory accidentally himself for a bit.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I'm a language enthusiast. I don't have to be a gun enthusiast to be pissed off at "shotgun bullets".

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
Being a firearm enthusiast myself, I've got some friends that do this sometimes and it's funny because I know they're just screwing with me. People that are legitimately ignorant who get corrected and informed and then continue to do it annoy me though.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Realitycrash said:
Also it is Magazines not clip.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
My guess is that Rust tore their friendship apart somehow, and now Grey's outsourcing out of spite :p
This is fully possible and probable. D:

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
Realitycrash said:
The jokes are that she called a magazine a clip, an assault rifle an "assault gun", and shells bullets. But you don't even have to be a gun enthusiast to know the differences.
--

Concerning magazines and clips, this is a subject that I too am touchy on because the distinction is plain and easy. You don't call trucks cars, and you don't call fedoras ballcaps. At this point any media that should know the difference but fails to correctly specify that difference (such as combat games or shows revolving around the use of weapons) automatically loses points with me.

Brandon Webb [http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/24/dont-call-a-magazine-a-clip-we-spoke-with-an-ex-seal-about-the-difference-and-why-its-important/] said it best: "It's common for people to get the two mixed up... If you hear someone talking about clips, you know they don't know the difference. No one uses clips anymore."

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
I'm a language enthusiast. I don't have to be a gun enthusiast to be pissed off at "shotgun bullets".
Things worse than a shotgun bullet:

Shotgun Bidet
Shotgun Bullet Bill
Shotgunned Bambi
Critical Miss comics about Evangelion
Shot Put Bullet
Shock Gun Pulley
Chopped Gun Brûlée

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
Dead Raen said:
Realitycrash said:
The jokes are that she called a magazine a clip, an assault rifle an "assault gun", and shells bullets. But you don't even have to be a gun enthusiast to know the differences.
--

Concerning magazines and clips, this is a subject that I too am touchy on because the distinction is plain and easy. You don't call trucks cars, and you don't call fedoras ballcaps. At this point any media that should know the difference but fails to correctly specify that difference (such as combat games or shows revolving around the use of weapons) automatically loses points with me.

Brandon Webb [http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/24/dont-call-a-magazine-a-clip-we-spoke-with-an-ex-seal-about-the-difference-and-why-its-important/] said it best: "It's common for people to get the two mixed up... If you hear someone talking about clips, you know they don't know the difference. No one uses clips anymore."
That quote is basically true but I still use clips for a few things. Some bolt actions can be fed from a clip (Mauser and Mosin actions come to mind) and the surplus ammo that I use for my AR-15 comes on a 10-round stripper clip and the M1 Garand that I will buy some day feeds from a clip. But the principle still applies.

Edit: Fapmaster's images are basically the end of the thread right there. No more explanation required.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Realitycrash said:
In the first picture, she refers to a magazine as a clip [http://gordoncstewart.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/gun-maagazine.jpg] and calls an assault rifle [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/Sturmgewehr_44.jpg] an assault gun [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_gun]. You are right about the shotgun one. As expected, gun enthusiasts really get caught up on these, especially when politicians trying to increase gun control mess up the terminology.

Edit: Sorry. I didn't intend to answer an already answered question, but someone else posted the answer while I was busy finding examples.

Fapmaster5000

May 13, 2011
Realitycrash said:
To explain:

Shotguns usually fire "shells" (or "slugs"), not "bullets". A "clip" is a device used to hold ammunition together to aid in feeding the weapon. A "magazine" is similar, but contains a feeding mechanism (such as a spring-loaded follower) to feed the weapon.

Clip means this:

Magazine means this:

More amusing is the "assault gun" joke, since an "Assault Rifle" would mean something like this:

Whereas, an "Assault Gun" looks more like this:
Which is also why, whenever the news said that the crime was comitted with a "military style assault gun", I immediately create a mental image of the robbery/home-invasion/shooting being done with an SU-152, Soviet flags flying, and it goes from tragedy to absurd hilarity. Probably makes me a bad person, but it makes the news more fun to watch.

Hope that helps the non-gun people here.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch by Mystic. *Shakes fist*

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I'm really liking the new art style.

Fapmaster5000 said:
Realitycrash said:
To explain:

Shotguns usually fire "shells" (or "slugs"), not "bullets". A "clip" is a device used to hold ammunition together to aid in feeding the weapon. A "magazine" is similar, but contains a feeding mechanism (such as a spring-loaded follower) to feed the weapon.

Clip means this:

Magazine means this:

More amusing is the "assault gun" joke, since an "Assault Rifle" would mean something like this:

Whereas, an "Assault Gun" looks more like this:
Which is also why, whenever the news said that the crime was comitted with a "military style assault gun", I immediately create a mental image of the robbery/home-invasion/shooting being done with an SU-152, Soviet flags flying, and it goes from tragedy to absurd hilarity. Probably makes me a bad person, but it makes the news more fun to watch.

Hope that helps the non-gun people here.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch by Mystic. *Shakes fist*
Good luck trying to hide a tank when attempting a murder. :p