Hacker Group Promises Doom for Sony

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
Well I guess not all of us have something positive or creative to do with our time.

Enjoy your little hissy fit Lulzsec I'm sure you won't regret your decisions when the companies you attack manage to find a way to trace the attacks back to you and you have cops busting down your door.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Pariah164 said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Can I please have the PSN store back?

I'm tired of waiting and you shold be tired of losing money.
They are aiming to have it up by the end of the week, according to the blog.
...Really?

Damn am I tired of playing infamous and RDR. I just want to play Some deno(s) and listen to *?beeping* sound.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
MrJuicy said:
Don't these people have anything productive too do?
Oh, they are being productive in giving reasons for big corporations like Sony more excuses to screw over consumers, in addition to stealing money and information from said consumers, who they then turn to and shout "WE'RE DOING THIS FOR FREE SPEECH!" But they're not doing it for free speech, they're doing it because they're greedy little attention-whores who pretend to be cyperpunk superheroes when they're really a bunch of dipshits whose one, and only one, personality trait is that they're good at exploiting computers to the detriment of millions of other people.

For once, I'm rooting for Sony (or whoever) to find the people in Anonymous or LulzSec or whatever other idiotic names they come up with, and put a jackboot to their throats. Only fitting that they get it, considering that they willingly gave those in power reason to screw over law-abiding citizens (thanks a lot hackers!).

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
HankMan said:
jackanderson said:
HankMan said:
Soon DOS is going to stand for: Denial Of Sony attack
I am merely quoting you to ask this question...

Why are you not a successful stand-up comedian?
I never really thought I was This funny until I came here. For the longest time I had NO idea how to talk to people and was all rapped in my history books. Hell my first video games were PC Civil War Strategy. It was the tie-ins that got me hooked onto console gaming (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars Battlefront and Smack-down vs RAW). Now I'm finally at a level where I can understand what people are talking about, AND the subject is something I actually enjoy. So I started making jokes, and you people liked me
YOU REALLY LIKE ME! :'D
Awww! That brings a tear to my eye, it truly does! Keep on punning, sir! Keep on punning!

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
So, are these morons still trying to convince themselves that they're heroic warriors for free speech, or are they finally admitting that they're spoiled brats with no goals other than to inconvenience other people for no reason?

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
What a bunch of assholes. Bunch of hackers, fighting for "hackers rights" or some shit? Isn't the whole point of being a hacker to do something illegal and get away with it? They don't need Sony's permission to hack their fucking PS3's, they can do that whenever they want. Attacking Sony or trying to "doom" them is just goddamn cyber-terrorism. Besides, it's Geohotz's own damn fault for posting the root key and not covering his tracks; hackers need to lay off.

Zom-B

Feb 8, 2011
I love how these wonderful hackers think that the best way to display their displeasure with a company like Sony is to ruin a service for all the PS owners, a service that Sony provides free of charge, mind you.

I can't support this type of action when it impacts how I use and enjoy my Playstation. These assholes aren't doing me any favours. I could see if Sony was oppressing or enslaving people, but it's fucking business and we vote with our wallets.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
windlenot said:
... I still don't even know why. Where's their motivation?
They're mad that Sony took off the ability to install other OS's on the PS3. Oh, and that they sued somebody over it. The lesson to be taken from this? Don't fuck with the geek computer programers. They'll strike back with vengeance. Stupid vengeance, but still vengeance.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
May all hackers drown in the cesspool of their own self-glorification.

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
Yes... let's fuck with a multi-billion dollar company and not expect to get the shit fucked out of our wallet and our asses once we get sent to prison.

There will be Hacker blood! I can guarantee Sony won't sit idly by and let this kind of crap continue.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Screw over Sony, whatever. However, you're also screwing over customers. I don't care how much you hate Sony, I do care that I'll be affected by your stupid ploy for stupid revenge over not being able to install custom OS's. Go bugger someone else.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Oh for fuck sake! When will this stop? I mean it is just getting old. If you want to pick on someone pick on Microsoft.

KLJT

Sep 15, 2010
Dak_N_Jaxter said:
windlenot said:
... I still don't even know why. Where's their motivation?
I'm really with you on that.
This is starting to suffer from Comic Continuity Syndrome.
Is this "still" because Sony removed the software feature from the PS3 and sued that guy?

If so, then the hackers' heroic attitude towards this whole concept is starting to get iritating.
It's hard to sympathies with people who are acting all big and mighty when they're causing so much trouble for many innocent bystanders.
These people are nothing but egotistical bastards who want nothing more then the "glory" of taking down a "Big evil corporation"; it's a shame they don't see it's people who play the PS3 who give them said glory. It does seem strange to attack the very people you want to impress but hey they must think they are doing the right thing however mistaken they are.

boringanarchy

May 27, 2011
similar.squirrel said:
I know it's probably bad, but I always get a little frisson of excitement when stuff like this happens. Must be the inner radical. Sort of cool to see corporations being screwed around with by ordinary citizens.
Because obviously once you join a corporation you stop becoming an "ordinary citizen"...This is the kind of mentality that drives me nuts. They're not monolithic entities, they contain a human being or two you know...

No seriously this pisses me off. What's the difference between someone who works middle management for a company trying to get by and one who works for a small business? Well, aside from a bit more stability not much. We root for the small businesses and the little guy, but once the little guy grows and has a bit of money, he's suddenly the spawn of satan, screwing over customers as some kind of corporate fat cat...sorry, this rant was directed at no one in particular, I just grow tired of people referring to the "corporations" and acting as if those who work for them are subhuman (you could also replace "corporations" with "government" and it would probably still apply)

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Dear Hackers,

All my DLC that I RIGHTFULLY PAID FOR is still stuck in the Sony store because you're all a bunch of immature pricks. I swear to God, if I ever meet any of you, the consequences will be dire.

Dear Sony and Federal government,

DO SOMETHING ALREADY!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Oh come on!!
Sony really didn't deserve this, and the worst thing is that they can actually easily bring all of Sony down. If I saw the people responsible, I'd totally act reasonable and call the authorities. I'm boring.
My guess is that the entire script of Sony's e3 press conference will be leaked soon.

What I love about this is that the first ever big scale internet war is between some dudes and Sony. In stead of, for example, google and China or USA and North Korea. Pitiful.

Jimbo1212

Aug 13, 2009
These hackers should actually go after some real bad guys like Iran or something rather then Sony because why the hell would Sony (a company on the open market) want to encourage pirating? There is fighting for freedom and then their is spitting your dummy out of the pram.