Hacker Group Promises Doom for Sony

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Quaxar said:
etherlance said:
Enjoy your little hissy fit Lulzsec I'm sure you won't regret your decisions when the companies you attack manage to find a way to trace the attacks back to you and you have cops busting down your door.
Yeah, they're goin to backtrace it and then they will alarm the cyber police and the state police!
Consequences will never be the same!
You done goofed, LulzSec. You done goofed.
OP: Pricks will be pricks.

Jammy2003

Feb 28, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
Jammy2003 said:
While I don't agree with piracy, they kind of have a point on the Linux thing. If it was sold with the capability to do something and you bought it for that, they shouldn't be allowed to just pull it as they changed their minds. Make it work so it wont allow that, or better yet, do that in the first place.

Not that this excuses these hackers at all, being utter sods, however i don't quite understand the rage level of "Yeah, they are terrorists! Burn them! And their families! Torture is too good for these guys!"
They actually kind of are cyber terrorists. (Yes, there is such a thing).

Countries tend to do very not-nice things to terrorists, too. That's just kind of the deal with all that.
True, and I don't really agree with the not-nice things that are done to terrorists, particularly the ones that are only "suspected" of terrorism and are taken in for questioning to "get them to confess"... Via beatings... and waterboarding... etc. By all means arrest and try them, I bet there are some prisoners who would love some fresh meat that will hand out all the punishment that is needed.

People wonder why the media eats up that video games make you a violent person ;) Particularly the one thread that started listing the tortures they would like to put the hackers through, that just felt awkward to me. :p

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
This is what I hate about computer technology. It can give complete dumbasses power. I mean honestly, by the fact they're trying to be all "edgy serious hacker" and throwing in a bunch of meme-esque names and pictures, they are (or at least sound like) a bunch of 13 year olds and basement dwellers. Plus this is happening right in the middle of that anonymous schism, but that seems to have fizzled out.

nickpy

Oct 9, 2010
Oh for...

Why do these people want to kill Sony so much?
I don't want Sony to die. I love Sony. And I'd prefer for my PS3, PSP and PSN to continue to function properly - which they won't if they kill Sony.

*grumbles*

ZincMan

Feb 9, 2011
since I dont own any Sony items, Im just gonna sit back, and laugh at Sony fail to compromise.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Well done guys, reveal yourself to the world. As if they can take down all of Sony, it's pretty much impossible, they're larger than most people think.

Bunch of morons

Whodat

Jul 14, 2009
I think that Lulz has been reading one too many PROFIT??? comics.

OT: As one person has already said, I'm glad I have a good PC because of this. Speaking of which, this shit is really getting old. I love my PS3 but some people need to get a life, some balls, and some common decency for the workers and the people who rely on the company for income.

Captain_M

Mar 1, 2011
Who are these people defending? GeoHot already got paid a large settlement and he's willing to let Sony have whatever polices as long as he's rich. He's still an agitator, sure, but if he were any kind of hero he'd have told Sony to keep his money and then he'd take them to court.

What these people are doing is hurting a majority of gamers in defense of a small niche group of gamers. Why should I have to face any more hazards and potential damage to my financial future just because someone wants to take a screwdriver to their gaming device?

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Dak_N_Jaxter said:
windlenot said:
... I still don't even know why. Where's their motivation?
I'm really with you on that.
This is starting to suffer from Comic Continuity Syndrome.
Is this "still" because Sony removed the software feature from the PS3 and sued that guy?

If so, then the hackers' heroic attitude towards this whole concept is starting to get iritating.
It's hard to sympathies with people who are acting all big and mighty when they're causing so much trouble for many innocent bystanders.
Completely agree with both of you. And I won't say that this isn't some great hacking group, but just hearing about them. I doubt whether this is even a "group".. What "group of hackers" needs a twitter? If they are so amazing, then why does this look like a 14 year old who wants some attention?
And if it is a real group, somehow, then I hope they get what is coming to them, Sony is just recovering from an ass-kicking. Only a complete dick would come in now and try to keep it going. And dicks should get fluxed, so to speak.(I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone what fluxed really is meant here.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Fronzel said:
The original attacks against Sony were a reaction to the company suing hacker George Hotz and Sony's out of court settlement with Hotz doesn't seem to have let it off the hook.
Of course it didn't; they didn't budge an inch on their "what's yours is mine" policy.
That policy was in the ToS, even before OtherOS was removed.

Basically, if you don't like it, then you shouldn't have bought the PS3 in the first place.

Besides, the PS3 is a gaming system. Made to play games. So as long as you can use it for that, then whatever.

RedgraveStorm

Feb 15, 2011
And this is why I've been waiting to sing in to the PSN.
Another thing, if the Rapture had come two weeks ago WE WOULDN'T BE GOING THROUGH THIS!

Someone get me a Zombie apocalypse.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Oh for Christ's sake.

Seriously? Does these people have nothing better to do? I hope they realize they are pissing off gamers and attacking them more than they are attacking Sony. Just, go away.

Captain_M said:
Who are these people defending? GeoHot already got paid a large settlement and he's willing to let Sony have whatever polices as long as he's rich. He's still an agitator, sure, but if he were any kind of hero he'd have told Sony to keep his money and then he'd take them to court.

What these people are doing is hurting a majority of gamers in defense of a small niche group of gamers. Why should I have to face any more hazards and potential damage to my financial future just because someone wants to take a screwdriver to their gaming device?
I don't think they are defending anyone that involves any sort of logical sense. That would be way to easy and make way too much sense. But I do agree with you though, I don't want to freakout about my finances every time I buy a damn console or turn the bloody thing one.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Fronzel said:
Kopikatsu said:
Fronzel said:
The original attacks against Sony were a reaction to the company suing hacker George Hotz and Sony's out of court settlement with Hotz doesn't seem to have let it off the hook.
Of course it didn't; they didn't budge an inch on their "what's yours is mine" policy.

Basically, if you don't like it, then you shouldn't have bought the PS3 in the first place.

Besides, the PS3 is a gaming system. Made to play games. So as long as you can use it for that, then whatever.
I thought the PS3 was "multimedia home entertainment system" or something, which is why it was totally OK for it to be so expensive at launch.

But that's just Sony marketing fluff, so let's never mind that.

On the other hand, Sony ToS is gospel.
It can also play blu-ray disks. Video games and movies. That's two different facets of media, making it multimedia.

And...yes. Yes it is. Terms of Service are just that. If you want to use the service, then you need to abide by the terms.

M_aureus

Aug 3, 2010
Do these people not have a life?

FFS, just give it up already. This whole freedom of speech crap that they are proecting is just bs. Sony got rid of Lenux to avoid hacking, it's their right to protect their product is it not!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Fronzel said:
Kopikatsu said:
Fronzel said:
Kopikatsu said:
Fronzel said:

I thought the PS3 was "multimedia home entertainment system" or something, which is why it was totally OK for it to be so expensive at launch.

But that's just Sony marketing fluff, so let's never mind that.

On the other hand, Sony ToS is gospel.
It can also play blu-ray disks. Video games and movies. That's two different facets of media, making it multimedia.

And...yes. Yes it is. Terms of Service are just that. If you want to use the service, then you need to abide by the terms.
It's not a service, it's a product. A physical item.

If the maker of my toaster tells me he doesn't want me toasting bagels they can go to hell.
That's right. The PS3 is a product. PSN on the other hand, is a service.

If you modify your PS3 (Thus breaking the ToS), they don't send SWAT to break into your house and repossess the PS3 because it's been modded. They just don't let you go online with it and void the warranty. You didn't abide by the terms that they set, so they removed the service.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Oh, that's so nice! First Duke, now Doom. I just really hope that one day somebody remakes Wolfenstein.