Hacker Group Promises Doom for Sony

ShaqLevick

Jul 14, 2009
I firmly believe Sony's corporate agenda is wrong, especially when involving intellectual property, and I really hope a valuable lesson is learned from all this. However, I'm 99% sure that all that will come of this is a bigger headache for the consumer.

Don't for a second think that just because it's not public information Sony hasn't shared your banking information with whomever... let alone their own company, which is larger than most would stop to acknowledge. This is an information war, and be careful who's side you're really on.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
falcon1985 said:
Sonicron said:
You can **** my ****, you hacker *****. Here, let me whip it out for you.

You shroud yourselves in righteousness when, really, you're just acting out of greed. You're petty thieves, that's what you are. You claim to be mad at Sony's leaders, but instead of going after those, you fuck with the pastime activities of millions of people worldwide.

Do the world a favor and take a collective dive into an acid vat.
Heh, at work we have a tub of toxic dizzolvement goodness we use to clean airplane parts. Organic material just ceases to exist when it comes in contact with it. (seriously, acid is piss compared to this stuff.) I'm sure I can convince my boss to let me "borrow" some for this righteous cause.
Just be sure to film it when those wankers take their last bath. I want to feed off their dying screams.

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
Fuck LulzSec, if it may be known, i've been a sony customer for years, ever since the PS2, i like them, and it will take more than some bad PR to shake 10 years of good rep, and hackers think the can bring down one of the world's largest electronics manufacturers? the beginning of the end? Yeah, and my tits lactate beer, Fuck off LulzSec, a bunch of thirteen year old dipshits who love memes and hate people wanna do the world a favor? why don't you all jump off a bridge, or destroy Annon, christ the things the internet is vomiting up these days.

EDIT: They also attacked PBS, a non profit, public network famous for it's children's programmes and donation drives hosted by Betty White and you don't fuck with Betty White http://randomoverload.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/2993065cd5k-bull.jpg.jpg

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Antari said:
And judging by that press release, when they catch these hackers its likely they won't be able to charge them because they certainly sound under age.
Hopefully they are in america, in which case Patriot Act for the win

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Voodoo_Person said:
I think you both misunderstood the question...(Although Morgon got it a bit, I think)

I'm not asking WHY they're hacking Sony, but WHAT are they taking? To quote LulzSec:

Hey @Sony, you know we're making off with a bunch of your internal stuff right now and you haven't even noticed? Slow and steady, guys.
'Making off with a bunch of your internal stuff'. I can't imagine what Sony has left to steal.

smudgey said:
The former US president started two wars, killing hundreds of thousands of people. BP leaked countless barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. Dictators in the middle east fire on their own people..... and these guys attack an entertainment company. Way to unleash some social justice.
It's called priorities, mate. They ain't got 'em.

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
yea right...the beginning of the end my ass! All it will do is deprive the customers of all the good games and services that Sony has. I've also been a loyal customer and I love EQ2 and SWG.

Why wreck my fun and put my information at risk again to 'take the man down'? This is getting infuriating and ANYONE left defending these guys can jump in that vat of toxic dizzolvement as well.

I just hope that Sony and the FBI are ready for whatever might occur, and can catch these people before too much damage is done.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
I still don't see why Hackers exist... Like, when I look at what the Hacktivist (Anon) do in Egypt or any of the Dictator Ruled countries I can understand why they exist, but "Why" do Hackers who just destroy peoples enjoyment, steal their stuff, phish you constantly (Overall a little part of their online lives)... WHY DO THEY EXIST!

Voodoo_Person

Dec 11, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Voodoo_Person said:
I think you both misunderstood the question...(Although Morgon got it a bit, I think)

I'm not asking WHY they're hacking Sony, but WHAT are they taking? To quote LulzSec:

Hey @Sony, you know we're making off with a bunch of your internal stuff right now and you haven't even noticed? Slow and steady, guys.
'Making off with a bunch of your internal stuff'. I can't imagine what Sony has left to steal.

smudgey said:
The former US president started two wars, killing hundreds of thousands of people. BP leaked countless barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. Dictators in the middle east fire on their own people..... and these guys attack an entertainment company. Way to unleash some social justice.
ooooooohhhhhhhhhh gotcha, to be fair, that line about making away with stuff makes me wonder of its just panic talk...seems kinda non-specific like

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Can't these guys just piss off now? Maybe suffer some kind of horrible inury too? Maybe?
Just a thought, 'cause this is getting old, and the only ones their hurting now are Sony customers, especially if more data is taken.

Though, if I do get my identity stolen, then there's nothing stopping me from taking up arms and going on a personal crusade to see these bastards face deadly justice... Like The Punisher only nerdier.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
First, I used to be a frequent poster on the System Wars board at Gamespot, but the constant barrage back and forth between PS3 and 360 fanboys wore me out. At first, it was funny to see the PS3 fanboys getting "their due", after their elitest attitudes toward xbox owners (the original one) and seeing the 360 come out and do so well, while the PS3 fell flat on its face at launch. I did rather enjoy that at the time, and was staunchly against the PS3.

While my stance against it has softened a little bit, I am still not a fan of the system. However, I do NOT like seeing whats happening to them now. There is a tremendous difference between seeing some of the crazy things Kaz Hirai would say, and seeing it blow up in his face, versus watching the PS3 fanbase getting screwed over the way they are now. This is dangerous, and to any xbox fanboys that think its funny, it could happen to us, too.

The people that are truly getting hurt by this are our fellow gamers, and its a terrible shame. I really am sorry to all the PS3 owners that are suffering through this.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Voodoo_Person said:
Kopikatsu said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Voodoo_Person said:

smudgey said:
ooooooohhhhhhhhhh gotcha, to be fair, that line about making away with stuff makes me wonder of its just panic talk...seems kinda non-specific like
Yeah I think it's them talking big. Also I feel that if Anon wants to be taken seriously ever again they should take down this lulzsec group and show us taht they are really in it for us, not for greed

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
jebussaves88 said:
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Getting me some popcorn.
How responsible of you to merely enjoy reports of these criminal activities, thus feeding their own self righteousness.
Well, he may have a point. Cheering them on would make them feel like they're in the right, and indignation would just make them continue as a "haha, Fuck you!"

Sony had my bank account info, so for awhile I did have something personal in this. But at this point I'm more inclined to pass popcorn around as well. It's just gotten so...retarded.

TheAngryMonkey

Nov 18, 2009
I guess one thing we know, English isn't their first language.

That's Ingreish, they are speaking.

"All Your Base Are Belong To LULZSEC."

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Voodoo_Person said:

Let's look at the word 'internal' logically. What would be considered both 'internal' and valuable for a hacker group? Information? Would be the most likely in this case, but from where? Executive level? Network level? Finance level? And from which of these departments would suit their purpose best? However, this brings a more detailed question that, I believe, you were getting at: What do they believe is the best way to bring Sony down? Speculations abound, but I'm sticking with what I posted previously as my main suspicions.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
windlenot said:
... I still don't even know why. Where's their motivation?
My thoughts exactly.

As I said on a similar thread about the issue, these guys can fuck right off. I just want to play my PS3 online in peace.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Chase Yojimbo said:
I still don't see why Hackers exist... Like, when I look at what the Hacktivist (Anon) do in Egypt or any of the Dictator Ruled countries I can understand why they exist, but "Why" do Hackers who just destroy peoples enjoyment, steal their stuff, phish you constantly (Overall a little part of their online lives)... WHY DO THEY EXIST!
Because you pay attention to them, perhaps?

Well, atleast now I know their message. Sweet delicious fanboy tears.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Dear Hackers,

Grow up and use your skills to make hacking more difficult and that way you can make some good honest money.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
*sigh* Can we please stop now guys. I'd like to play the two extra cases for L.A.Noire and you jerks are not going to make me buy an Xbox 360, pay for the "privilage" of xbla and rebuy the game. Yes, I doubt its that level of thinking, realisticly, but if their reason isn't that then they really have no reason and are just dicks.

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
I think that it's time that Sony customers united and made a statement of there own. We need to pull together and denounce this...to let people know that we are the ones that will be hurt by this.

It's our information and our pastimes that are going to be harmed. This isn't an attack on Sony the corporation, no this is a direct attack on we the gamers.

Ugh this just makes me so mad!