Hacker Group Promises Doom for Sony

Uberpig

Nov 20, 2009
artanis_neravar said:
Yeah I think it's them talking big. Also I feel that if Anon wants to be taken seriously ever again they should take down this lulzsec group and show us taht they are really in it for us, not for greed
Hacker vs hacker. That would be both fun to watch and take the pressure off anyone who has common sense and decency - you know, anyone who isn't a hacker.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I just don't see the motivation behind this! I mean why ruin my life, the monsters! (Part of my life, I have other stuff...)

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
They only thing the hackers are achieving from this is getting the everyday general public to HATE them MASSIVLY!

I know i am starting to do just that!

Stop fucking with Sony you retards! *shakes fist in anger*

Andrew_Mac

Feb 20, 2011
Zhukov said:
One wonders if Sony will think twice before suing people after all this.
They'd better not. they were well within their rights to sue him, and they are entitled to sue people if they do something fucking illegal. Why have these people got it in their heads that they are doing the right thing? Its doing nothing except causing people trouble and stopping the fun. They're pathetic. Just stop hacking and causing shit for people who want to just play some god damned games. You don't like someone being sued for hacking? Tough! It happened. Deal with it.

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
Sad, self-righteous little..

Man I hate the internet sometimes. Still, they sound like such idiots, they'll likely get themselves caught anyway.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Conpiracy to install draconian internet security and spyware by secret forces bent on world domination. If Lulzsec even exists they are just pawns.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
windlenot said:
... I still don't even know why. Where's their motivation?
Probably puberty.

This entire thing is coming off as very immature right now and is not affecting the right people. I get the feeling its come to continuing a sense of childish empowerment.

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
falcon1985 said:
Heh, at work we have a tub of toxic dizzolvement goodness we use to clean airplane parts. Organic material just ceases to exist when it comes in contact with it. (seriously, acid is piss compared to this stuff.) I'm sure I can convince my boss to let me "borrow" some for this righteous cause.
So... I'll get right on developing you a method of long-range delivery... maybe like a metallic water gun.

Pity we can't mix it with gelatin or vaseline to thicken it; straight up make ourselves some acidic napalm.

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
I'm surprised how many surprised Escapists roam the forums these days.

The internet is full of script kiddies and bored wannabe cyberterrorists that get into cracking/"hacking" because it combines their affinity for technology with a certain sense of coolness invoked by danger - and headlines such as these aren't helping. They shouldn't be cut, but I can't help but think they make their feats bigger than they need to be.

Part of why the hacker group presents itself like this (own name, operation name... is that pic official?) is because they're just doing it for (the attention and) the evulz (It's a trope, look it up). It's fun to get that much attention, a sense of doing something people care about and stabbing a giant such like Sony in a day and age where apparently teenagers can outsmart professional security systems once they decide stop being so lazy and start being somewhat passionate and geeky about something.

While I don't own[footnote]Thanks for that, Kopikatsu[/footnote] personally Sony products, I still know there's lots of people that do and there are quite a few people's safe money incomes depending on the wellbeing of Sony. And I'm not talking about soulless tie-wearing greedy executives here, I'm talking about people that actually need the money or have a certain passion about their position that ironically makes them close to the very hackers that shoot because they can, not because they think it's the solution to all Sony-related problems.

Because, let's face it, Sony might have problems, but will this really make them reconsider anything other than their security systems?

TL;DR
This is teenagers trying to be cool, it's not like they sat down, had an intense strategy meeting and at the end decided cracking would solve the mess instead of making it worse for everyone involved.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
these hackers have succeeded. the gaming community not hates them...oh wait, they were trying to take down sony? thats like trying to take down bed bath and beyond, by only sabotaging their kitchen supplies. sure its gonna inconvenience some customers and they may buy their sauce pans elsewhere, but its not gonna hurt the company that much. youre dicking over gamers but sony itself isnt gonna go anywhere

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Can I get my New Vegas DLC before you reattack the PS3....

Still got a few months before I get a new PC....

Would this be the magical Anon that hates Anon for being Anon? (Yo Dawg...)

MrCherry

Oct 2, 2010
*shrugs*, so people are just being idiots for no reason again?
Seriously, you'd get more information and fun "hacking" microsoft...

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Marik Bentusi said:
(own name, operation name... is that pic official?)

While I don't personally own Sony products,
Typo fixed!

Also, yes...that pic is indeed official. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Hey, internet, guess what! We're going to continue the attack on Sony until they're dead! That way, your Playstation 3 will essentially be an expensive plastic brick, and thousands of Sony employees around the globe will be out of jobs!

Aren't we good samaritans!

rickthetrick

Jun 19, 2009
A bunch of nameless hackers are trying to feel special by A. taking credit for crap they may or may not have done, and b. threatening to hack something that will make the news.

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in this.

I'd be more concerned about the hackers who are smart enough to remain hidden.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Voodoo_Person said:
Kopikatsu said:
Voodoo_Person said:
Well, this should be interesting...being a ps3 owner im intrigued to see how well Sonys new firewalls deal with this apparent 'attack' cant help feeling that it might just be a blatant attempt at causing panic through talk though.
According to LulzSec, they've already been successful, just that it's slow going. (If they're telling the truth, I imagine that the firewalls is why.)

Hate to be a broken record, but the 'If it's online, it can be hacked regardless of security' thing is...well...true. If someone wants something badly enough, they will get it.

I wonder what they could POSSIBLY take from Sony, though. What do they even have left?
Like a lot of people have said, i really dont get what they expect to achieve, its just pointless
If their point was to achieve lulz, they succeeded, but other than that, I'm with you guys. Seems pointless. In fact for once I am sympathizing with a gigantic evil faceless corporation.