Hacker Group Promises Doom for Sony

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
And judging by that press release, when they catch these hackers its likely they won't be able to charge them because they certainly sound under age.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Getting me some popcorn.
How responsible of you to merely enjoy reports of these criminal activities, thus feeding their own self righteousness.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Sonicron said:
You can **** my ****, you hacker *****. Here, let me whip it out for you.

You shroud yourselves in righteousness when, really, you're just acting out of greed. You're petty thieves, that's what you are. You claim to be mad at Sony's leaders, but instead of going after those, you fuck with the pastime activities of millions of people worldwide.

Do the world a favor and take a collective dive into an acid vat.
This.

Yeah, suing Geohotz wasn't the smoothest move, but he was clearly engaged in shady activities by publishing his hacks that allows piracy to occur. If they wanted to get back at Sony, then glitter bomb their headquarters or something. Don't mess with the consumers.

MetalGenocide

Dec 2, 2009
Hey guys, you might want to consider, changing entertainment systems. Go buy an Xbox Buy a PC.
Looks like an internet false flag that, some people will use to push international legislations to rob us of even more freedom.

I hope, it's just some hackers, stabbing a company.

Voodoo_Person

Dec 11, 2009
Well, this should be interesting...being a ps3 owner im intrigued to see how well Sonys new firewalls deal with this apparent 'attack' cant help feeling that it might just be a blatant attempt at causing panic through talk though.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Gaderael said:
The only ones I feel bad for are Sony's customers. This will not end well.
That and the people who try and genuinely eck a living out of working for Sony and the families they support. I'm thankful that I don't personally own a PS3, but man do I feel for people that only have a PS3. Makes me wanna sing that one song from Ferris Bueller's(?) Day Off:

"When Sony was in Egypt's land,
Let the Network go."
Yeah, I should've included the work-a-day folk as well. It's not their fault. They can just blame Sony's higher-ups and the Hackers for the mess that they'll be responsible to fix.

I will say this though. This is one of the few times in the last couple of years where I've been very happy to be a PC Gamer. I love the consoles too, but I'm just glad this is not affecting me right now.

Are private servers available for the PS3? Would be nice for the fanbase so they can play without worry.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Gaderael said:
Are private servers available for the PS3? Would be nice for the fanbase so they can play without worry.
Would be nice but I doubt any are in existance. If there were, I'm sure some activity of the sort would've been noticed by now. Just gotta hope that something positive comes out of all of this.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Voodoo_Person said:
Well, this should be interesting...being a ps3 owner im intrigued to see how well Sonys new firewalls deal with this apparent 'attack' cant help feeling that it might just be a blatant attempt at causing panic through talk though.
According to LulzSec, they've already been successful, just that it's slow going. (If they're telling the truth, I imagine that the firewalls is why.)

Hate to be a broken record, but the 'If it's online, it can be hacked regardless of security' thing is...well...true. If someone wants something badly enough, they will get it.

I wonder what they could POSSIBLY take from Sony, though. What do they even have left?

falcon1985

Aug 29, 2009
Sonicron said:
You can **** my ****, you hacker *****. Here, let me whip it out for you.

You shroud yourselves in righteousness when, really, you're just acting out of greed. You're petty thieves, that's what you are. You claim to be mad at Sony's leaders, but instead of going after those, you fuck with the pastime activities of millions of people worldwide.

Do the world a favor and take a collective dive into an acid vat.
Heh, at work we have a tub of toxic dizzolvement goodness we use to clean airplane parts. Organic material just ceases to exist when it comes in contact with it. (seriously, acid is piss compared to this stuff.) I'm sure I can convince my boss to let me "borrow" some for this righteous cause.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
Why don't they catch and prosecute these guys?

Surely if anything can be hacked then anyone can be caught online?

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
I wonder what they could POSSIBLY take from Sony, though. What do they even have left?
Well, I hate to remind you of your avatar and his wonderful caption, buuuuuut - if I were to hack into Sony, I'd find out what new implementations are going on about the system and its defenses. Either that, or damning evidence that shows Sony's incompetence or greed. In either case, Sony's PR (and probably their bottom line in the process) takes a furthered nose dive.

Voodoo_Person

Dec 11, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
Voodoo_Person said:
According to LulzSec, they've already been successful, just that it's slow going. (If they're telling the truth, I imagine that the firewalls is why.)

Hate to be a broken record, but the 'If it's online, it can be hacked regardless of security' thing is...well...true. If someone wants something badly enough, they will get it.

Like a lot of people have said, i really dont get what they expect to achieve, its just pointless

badreaper74

Dec 12, 2010
Sure they can if they are in the good old U S of A. Mr. Obama recently extended the Patriot Act. This basically states that if the government decides that if your action are an act of terrorism, and it wouldn't be hard to stretch these events to make it look like that, you don't have any rights. They have a green light to ship you off to who knows where for as long as they want without any sort of trail or proof. Just some food for thought

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Begun the Sony War has. Strong in this one the Force is, but tempted to the dark side it has become.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
I know it's probably bad, but I always get a little frisson of excitement when stuff like this happens. Must be the inner radical. Sort of cool to see corporations being screwed around with by ordinary citizens.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Gaderael said:
Would be nice but I doubt any are in existance. If there were, I'm sure some activity of the sort would've been noticed by now. Just gotta hope that something positive comes out of all of this.
It would really be in Sony's interest at this point if they added this functionality. It would give the customers piece of mind and give them a chance to protect their data. It would give them an edge over Microsoft and Nintendo. I mean they allow PC Mods on the PS3, so it would allow them yet another function the PC Gamers know and love. It'd help with the consoles longevity and probably boost sales. I mean, I'd be more interested in a console knowing that I can get a game and be able to play it five or ten years down the road, like with Counter Strike, or Enemy Territory, TF2, etc, etc.

smudgey

May 8, 2008
The former US president started two wars, killing hundreds of thousands of people. BP leaked countless barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. Dictators in the middle east fire on their own people..... and these guys attack an entertainment company. Way to unleash some social justice.