Hackers Also Hit Sony Online, Stole 12,700 Credit Cards

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008

Oy yoy yoy.

Can they just.......can't they just stop for two seconds?

Seriously, for god's sake, stop being dicks.

I really have to wonder how secure Sony's system was in the first place if their services are being hacked left and right. They're either really unlucky or incompetent, and I'm not sure which one is scarier.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Oh my, they probably have my old address and a canceled credit card now. Think of the shit I would be in if I hadn't canceled my Star Wars Galaxies subscription years ago due to it turning to shit.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Mr. Omega said:
Yeah! Go hackers! Take care of big, bad EEEEEVIL corporations like Sony! Who cares that you're likely going to put millions of people out of work? Who cares that you are performing a felony on millions of people? Who cares that your selfish actions are causing nothing but misery? Who cares that people are being denied a simple service all becuase you wanted to go hack big, bad Sony? You're taking on an EEEEEVIL corporation, so that makes it all ok!

...God I hope this fucker is killed on his way to the courtroom if when he gets caught...
This has nothing to do with "sticking it to the man". These attacks are just about good ol' greed. Also murder is way too extreme for identity theft.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
This doesn't surprise me too much. Hackers are consistent bastards who will attack every weakness available. I'm surprised that the SoE servers weren't taken down along with PSN/Qriocity, given that it's all right up that alley.

Hopefully Sony gets some badass security that gives the next hacker that tries to get into the network(s) a new asshole.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Drummie666 said:
*Goes into fetal position and cries* *Wished he got a PC instead of a mac*
I'm sorry, I found this funny XD

But really, I feel bad for Sony...just a tiny bit. Not much.

adrakonis

Feb 27, 2010
wsmieszek said:
One question: WHY?
I loved the fact that when I read your post I was playing music and the lyrics at that time were: "What's the point?".

Anyway

OT: The hacks have to be related. Otherwise the timing is a bit too weird.

Sep 14, 2009
meh most of your information is already out there as it is..and as long as you cancel your card/order a new one then that'll get rid of most of what has happened, just pay attention to your statement and your good to go.

Sep 14, 2009
sheic99 said:
Mr. Omega said:
Yeah! Go hackers! Take care of big, bad EEEEEVIL corporations like Sony! Who cares that you're likely going to put millions of people out of work? Who cares that you are performing a felony on millions of people? Who cares that your selfish actions are causing nothing but misery? Who cares that people are being denied a simple service all becuase you wanted to go hack big, bad Sony? You're taking on an EEEEEVIL corporation, so that makes it all ok!

...God I hope this fucker is killed on his way to the courtroom if when he gets caught...
This has nothing to do with "sticking it to the man". These attacks are just about good ol' greed. Also murder is way too extreme for identity theft.
you wouldn't believe how pissed off people get over the phone when im at work, they hear someone has been using their card and they near shit bricks saying how they are getting all their guns out to find this fucker.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
I would of though after the initial hacking incident they would have beefed up security. Or is the hacker plugged into the Matrix?

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Yowch.

Sony really need to tighten their security, they dun goofed big time.
But really it's like closing the stable door after the horses have trampled several bystanders.

I hope the people caught up in this are alright, the hackers, quite frankly, are definitely not protesting anything, they're merely being human scum.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Wow, the roof has really caved-in on this one. I guess a massive cybersecurity breach of a major company was always on the horizon but for Sony to get hacked twice, wow - my heart actually goes out to them, poor guys.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
These hackers are going to be in prison for life if they are ever discovered. No matter how smart they are they can't hide forever.