Halo Legends Anime Miniseries in the Works

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Something interesting to keep an eye on, that much is for sure.

Whether or not it will be good is entirely up in the air, but my bets are that it'll be decent at least. Naysayers might want to remember the AniMatrix, and how awesome that was, before they automatically dismiss this.

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
I'm torn here. I love Bones, but I'm sick to death of Halo. I enjoyed all three entries (the first 2 more than the last), but I'm just tired of it. Don't know if want.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
RavingPenguin said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
RavingPenguin said:
*deep breath* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!
2 of my favorite things blending together, halo and anime. True the game stories were a bit of a flop, but the books were great. I just pray they dont screw it up.
See above.
I know now Im pretty much gauranteed to love it now. Wiki Bones (studio) and youll find a list of my favorite anime in the first paragraph. Eureka 7, Ouran High, Darker than Black, Soul Eater, and Full Metal Alchemist. Horray for Bones!
Not to mention Sword of The Stranger, a not so known film that I love, as well as Wolf's Rain and Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
at Comic-Con, the software giant announced [http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-videogames23-2009jul23,0,5232624.story] Halo Legends, a collection of seven short films drawn in the Japanese anime style.
... so it's essentially The Animatrix, but with the Halo series instead?

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
[snip for great justice]
Despite being a runaway success in the Western world, the Halo franchise has never really caught on across the Pacific Ocean in Japan for whatever reason - perhaps it's because the Japanese don't really flock to FPS games the way others do, perhaps it's just the lack of superpowered teenagers, giant robots, and tentacle monsters. Really, your guess is as good as mine.
[second snip for great justice]

But there are giant robots [http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Enforcer] and tentacle monsters [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravemind]! If you read the books, there are even super powered teenagers [http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-III_Program].

On topic, this could be good. I will definitely be watching at least the first episode.

EDIT:
Oh, and second to what Jarico said.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
...Oh great. I actually enjoyed Halo. Now I gotta see it butchered into an anime. Great! Just whop de-fucking great.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I don't know whether to be happy or sad. Or annoyed. Or in stitches laughing. Why does this happen every time I come to The News Room?

LEGIOxN

Jul 23, 2009
Y they farming out to japanese studios? didn't some american company show a halo anime at PAX? That company did a really good job with rooster teeth...

Chiefmon

Dec 26, 2008
RavingPenguin said:
2 of my favorite things blending together, halo and anime. True the game stories were a bit of a flop, but the books were great. I just pray they dont screw it up.
DITTO!

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
LaBambaMan said:
This could be very interesting, if done right. I always sorta' dug the Halo mythos, but the games have become dull and repetitive to me.

So long as they keep it serious and avoid giant sweat beads then we should be fine.
One of the episodes is apparently going to be satirical and non-canon, so you might see some in it.

I see no problem as long as they are confined to that episode.

[sup]Or just to Arby...[/sup]

Jarico said:
Personally I'm more looking forward to "Red vs. Blue: Animated".

It's like heaven in a youtube video...

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Amnestic said:
DigitalJedl said:
Question.
Why?
Money, probably. Why else do businesses do anything?

I would've given it to Sunrise after what they did with Code Geass and Gundam 00, but I'm sure Toei will do their job as well as they can.

That said, no matter which studio did it I'm not expecting great results from the Halo anime. I'll still probably watch it just so I can be in the perfect position to complain, but my expectations aren't high.
Sunrise probably doesn't do badass enough for them. Wait. Wait! [HEADING=1]WAIT![/HEADING]

Bones is involved?!

They did Soul Eater and Darker than Black for Christ's sake. This will probably be epic.

RavingPenguin said:
See above.
Hopefully bones doesn't write the ending -_- , because SE's ending sucked.
Unreliable said:
Ah good, combines the constantly declining Halo franchise with the shitniness of japanese animation.
Well, at least it will keep retards indoors and off the streets for an extra 30 minutes a week.
Japanese animation isn't shitty -__-.
randommaster said:
The Japanese aren't going to go for it if the series continues to focus on what the American audience likes, namely, explosions and gruff men shooting things.

What they need to do is find a way to focus the story on family, and friendship, and strength form the heart, and all that jazz.
So...like hellsing :p ?

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
Interesting. I wonder how the 5 different animation company thing will work out.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Well, if Bones is involved, this could be somewhat decent, since they are the guy's that made Fullmetal Alchemist. This does lead to interesting thoughts, however:

Master Chief: And when I'm head of the UNSC there will be changes. That day, all female officers will be required to wear TINY MINISKIRTS! (capitalization necessary, I swear)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
However, I would love to see the arguments for it not being a casual game now that it has it's own TV show.
TV show? It's a miniseries, or as the article says:
CantFaketheFunk said:
a collection of seven short films drawn in the Japanese anime style.