Halo Legends Anime Miniseries in the Works

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Onmi said:
Right i'm not nearly patient enough to deal with this shit today so i'm going to end it in a single post. Hellsing is rated for adults, notice the distinct lack of themes often shared by One Piece or Dragon Ball which are rated for kids. if a Halo anime was truly being made it would be more in line with Gantz, Berserk, Elfen Lied or other shows rated for adults.

Hence your comments about having to change it are misdirected and incorrect, fueled by stereotypes, pessimism, probably a slight bit of ____isim/ohobia (You can fill in the blank with whichever it is) probably not done out of actual belief but more likely hoping to garner a laugh.

does THAT put the topic to rest?
I can continue this tomorow, if you want, but even a series like Elfin Lied has way more character development than most American series'.

You never really explore Master Chief's character in the games, and the books develop the supporting cast more than him. The thing that characterizes Master Chief in the books is being able to get himself out of situations that seem unwinable, and is also deemed 'lucky' by many. That's it, though. He's a good leader, and cares for his squadmates, but his character never really changes outside of the flashbacks. Most Japanese stories have the character develop as the story unfolds, even the serious ones. It's much more pronounced in the kids series, and that's why I used Goku as an example. Halo and Hellsing are sort of similar, given that both main characters shoot everything and are supposed to be nigh unkillable, but at least Hellsing explains that Alucard is killing zombies because he likes to fight, unlike Master Cheif, who is killing grunts because he was told to.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
randommaster said:
Onmi said:
Right i'm not nearly patient enough to deal with this shit today so i'm going to end it in a single post. Hellsing is rated for adults, notice the distinct lack of themes often shared by One Piece or Dragon Ball which are rated for kids. if a Halo anime was truly being made it would be more in line with Gantz, Berserk, Elfen Lied or other shows rated for adults.

Hence your comments about having to change it are misdirected and incorrect, fueled by stereotypes, pessimism, probably a slight bit of ____isim/ohobia (You can fill in the blank with whichever it is) probably not done out of actual belief but more likely hoping to garner a laugh.

I can continue this tomorow, if you want, but even a series like Elfin Lied has way more character development than most American series'.

You never really explore Master Chief's character in the games, and the books develop the supporting cast more than him. The thing that characterizes Master Chief in the books is being able to get himself out of situations that seem unwinable, and is also deemed 'lucky' by many. That's it, though. He's a good leader, and cares for his squadmates, but his character never really changes outside of the flashbacks. Most Japanese stories have the character develop as the story unfolds, even the serious ones. It's much more pronounced in the kids series, and that's why I used Goku as an example. Halo and Hellsing are sort of similar, given that both main characters shoot everything and are supposed to be nigh unkillable, but at least Hellsing explains that Alucard is killing zombies because he likes to fight, unlike Master Cheif, who is killing grunts because he was told to.
Elfen lied was the only fictional work to ever make me cry, :( .

Alucard is killing zombies because Integra told him to =| .

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
mike1921 said:
randommaster said:
Onmi said:

Elfen lied was the only fictional work to ever make me cry, :( .

Alucard is killing zombies because Integra told him to =| .
Yeah, but he likes killing zombies, and is eager to go out and shoot things. Master Chief just kind of goes with it. He doesn't really have a passion for his job other than completing the mission.

Elfin Lied is actually a better example, because it's targeted at a mature audience, but still has lots of character development. It's not that the Halo mythos is bad, just that what is expected in a story is different between Japan and America, and it's really hard to make both audiences happy.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Well if done right then this could prove interesting I'll say that. Especially if we get a nice detailed view of the Elite's percspective not just the humans. Show them in the same likeable noble light that they were presented in Halo 2 as more than just generic evil killer monsters. And of course must have the music. Given the chance I think this might actually prove to be a great entertaining concept and I don't honestly see anything bad about it, anime and games are no stranger. The lines have been blurred before and with proffessional writers working on a script for a game series that was good I hope to see something great. I wonder how the story will be structured though because if it's just a retelling of the Halo Saga's main story I have to ask 'what's the point' because we already have said story in the gmaes themselves. Maybe they might deepen the plot a little and introduce some backstory to a few of the main characters like (god willing) the Arbiter.

But I am skeptical still as I am by no means without the ability to ask questions and have doubts but for now only time can tell. After all there is an abundance of 'Spartan' I detect in the trailers which worries me that they will be focussing a little too much on jerking off the human side and not enough time elaborating on the alien side.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Canton said:
trailer's up

Videosnip
Didn't really delve into the story much. Red armoured female Spartan who isn't faceless, dark armoured heavy weapons spartan and the Master Chief has worked out how to Falcon Punch.

Animation's nice, though that's to be expected. Maybe this won't be as terrible as I thought \o/

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
This is just painfully obvious a pathetic cash-in attempt from Microsofts side.
Attempting a western-shooter with a anime-style in Japan is just mind-boggling.

It would be like trying to adapt a Japanese well-known anime franchaise in the U.S...
Oh.... wait....

EDIT: What the hell happened to the Halo movie?
I am usually against Video-game based movies but I would prefer that instead of this anime camel dung