Hard-To-Find games you have

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Loom - Enhanced CD-ROM version (PC)
Lunar Silver Star & Lunar Eternal Blue (PS1)
Arc the Lad Collection (PS1)
Rhapsody (PS1)
Guilty Gear X2 Accent Core Plus (PS2, searched forever for the US version)

and there are others that were very, very hard to get

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Radeonx said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
An original Japanese copy of Final Fantasy VI and VII.

The Deluxe Edition of Demon's Souls.

And Mother 3.
I found Mother 3 to be quite easy to be find, to be honest.
It might be because I got it around 1996, but, meh.

OT: Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis, a Gameboy Advance game, led me on a search through bargain bins at stores for weeks.
I got it for $40.
Riveting avatar, old chap!
Care to steal some cigars, then blow smoke in the faces of the rich bigots?

Ehem, anyway, yeah, that might be why you found it so easily :D

I know that Play-Asia no longer carries them, so you pretty much have to trust Ebay for it.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Frontier: Elite 2 (PC disk, mint)
Suikoden 1 (PS1)
Suikoden 2 (x2) (PS1)
Lunar 1 + 2 CE (PS1, *not* PAL)
Star Trek: Birth of the Federation (PC cd, mint)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
Azure Dreams (PS1)
Record of Lodoss War (Dreamcast)
Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast)
Megaman Legends 1 + 2 (PS1)
Steel Battalion (Xbox)
Carnage Heart (PS1)

Loads (literally *loads*) of others. That's all I can think of as I sit here pondering.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
Portal Maniac said:
Supposedly this is rare, but I have no actual idea.

James Bond Goldeneye. My mom found it at a yard sale.

I've yet to beat it T___T
Hide. Seriously. It is THE shooter that proved back in the late nineties that shooters are possible on consoles. It is also still the best adaptation ever from a film to a game.

Now let's see ... rare games ... rare games ... scrolling through the inventory here ... aha, I've got Atlantis: The Lost Tales on PC. That was actually a decent point & click adventure game. Afterwards I acquired the second and third one as well, but they weren't exactly relevant to the lost island anymore.

Starship Titanic on PC is another one, not that famous.

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division on the PC. Loved that game as well.

Silver is one of my all-time favourite action adventure games on the PC, although that one is fairly familiar. Anyone else who remembers that awesome game?

And I've also got Ephemeral Fantasia on the PS2, made by Konami. Not exactly excellent material, but I don't know anyone that has bought it as well when it came out.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
I picked up Rayman Revolution from work the other day. Not sure on the rarity but it was one of my favourite games. Also a mint copy of DMC for the PS2.
How i'll miss the joys of processing hundreds of PS2 trade ins when they stop taking them this year.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Rez:

[spoiler/][img/]http://defaultprime.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/RezArea3a.JPG[/img][/spoiler]
Which version of the game you own?

Because if it's the PS2 version you can get something called the <spoiler=Trance Vibrator>Trance Vibrator

A "Special Package" version of the PlayStation 2 release of the game was sold in Japan only, including a USB device called a Trance Vibrator, which pulses in time with the music. The intended use of the device would be to hold it, put it in a pocket, or sit on it while playing (a pouch was provided to protect the device); similar to the DualShock, it would vibrate in time with the music, but stronger than the DualShock's own feedback, helping to extend the synesthesia to the player's feeling of touch. While not explicitly marketed as a sex toy or masturbatory aid, it has reportedly been used as such.[8] The devices are available from various aftermarket retailers for (as of 2006[update]) approximately $35 USD. The trance vibrator is also compatible with Space Channel 5: Part 2 and the Japanese version of Disaster Report.

Reverse-engineering efforts to allow the Trance Vibrator to attach to and be controlled by a PC have been successfully executed in Japan, resulting in a device driver for Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 2000. Drivers are also available for Unix-alike operating systems such as Linux.

The Xbox 360 version, Rez HD utilizes up to three additional controllers for the trance vibration functionality in the game.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Warcraft 1 and Warlords Battlecry 2. I might have more but I don't know which are rare.

waterhazard

Aug 22, 2008
Dot.hack// 1 and 2 with the anime disks they don't make them anymore and they are great games. Took me forever to get 2

ilikepie59

Dec 4, 2008
Conquest: Frontier Wars - A very underappreciated RTS on the PC
Shadow of the Colossus - Went through hell to get my hands on a copy of it.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
Axeli said:
Koudelka and Legend of Dragoon come to mind as games that are rare by obscurity and age.
Ahh i remember trying to look for Legend of Dragoon years and years ago but to no avail, that game is like gold dust.

Indecizion

Aug 11, 2009
Meh i had a game called freelancer which was like a spaceship fps crossed with some RP elements and yeah it was fucking epic but i lent it to a mate who broke it and ive not been able to find another copy >:{

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Standby said:
Axeli said:
Koudelka and Legend of Dragoon come to mind as games that are rare by obscurity and age.
Ahh i remember trying to look for Legend of Dragoon years and years ago but to no avail, that game is like gold dust.
I found it used at Gamestop. Funny enough, since you can usually tell that a game is not rare by finding it at Gamestop.

Had a similar stroke of luck with Koudelka, finding it in a second hand store that has something like 20 PS1 games, the same ones every time.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I have Shadow of the Colossus as well... I didn't know they were hard to find. I get mine for 15 bucks.

The hardest game to find that I have... I have Fatal Frame 1 for PS2. I don't know if it's hard to find but it was 40 bucks and ever since I bought it I've never seen it at the store again. I have tons of Limited and Special editions of games, but they're a lot easier to find than you'd think...

waterhazard

Aug 22, 2008
ramik81 said:
Oh question...how would Amazon.com work for you guys....and even Europe for that matter?

The line of work I will be getting into in the future might have me traveling to live out of the states and I'm curious to find out.
Amazon.co.uk works fine with free delivery (mostly) to UK but it's the royal mail to watch out for -.-