Hardest game ever.

not-sid

Mar 18, 2009
I don't know about the hardest game, but the most unfair game I've ever played was Jurassic Park 2. That one was the side-scrolling one. Basically, random raptors would charge at you from off screen leaving you with a fraction of a second to react and if they hit you, you would lose a large chunk of your life. Entire levels would be filled with this sort of thing.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Akytalusia said:
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Akytalusia said:
4 minutes and 33 seconds is up there. it's a full PVP MMO, and if anyone is playing other than you, you lose.
Why did I fall for your lies...why?
liieess? me? no no no. it was just some simple embellishment, right? it's all true, the game is player vrs player, multiple people can log on (even if that means they both lose >.>), and if 2+ people are playing, they lose. where did i lie? :p
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

To hell with you!

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Ive already said this in another thread like this one but Cave make some of the hardest bullet hell shmups especially as many of their games require you to beat a second loop of the game (thats much harder thean the 1st loop), all without using a continue, and if you do that you get to fight a hidden boss.

My personal pick as the hardest goes to Dodonpachi Death Label on the PS2, this is a special boss rush of the main game and you have to fight all the bosses from the 2 loops, and the final boss Hibachi isnt just alone you must fight two of them at the same time.

You get hit once and its game over. Suffice to say (iirc) that only one person has managed this feat of skill 7 years after the game was released.

Here is the vid of the guy beating hibachi

On the subject of difficulty in games there is 2 types imo, 1 type is how many old games use difficulty where the player has zero chance to beating the challenge on their first play through EG the jetbike stage in battletoads and I wanna be the guy.

The 2nd type is the hard but fair type where the player can beat the game first playthough if they have the skill to do so. Imo more modern games use this type of difficulty even bullet hell shmups are like this (eg some of the best CAVE players on shmups forum have boasted theyve beaten a Touhou game or two in their 1st playthough)

There is a 3rd type of difficulty, that of when the game is broken in someway or has shitty controls. But im sure we all can agree these type of games dont really count.

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
namewon said:
Void(null) said:
Shiny Koi said:
These weird titles aside, I found the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games punishingly difficult. I still haven't gotten anywhere significant in any of the ones I own.
Do yourself a favor and get the Complete mods for the series. Not only do they fix a ton of bugs and update the graphics, but it also adjusts the difficulty curve making the game easier to get started and more difficult at the end.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009
DID YOU JUST SUGGEST A MOD ON THE FIRST PLAYTHROUGH.
HNNNNNNNGGGGGG.
Sorry. I just thnk that's pretty stupid.As a somewhat experienced stalker I have to say playing whit a mod on the first playthrough is one of the dumbest choices someon can make.
The mod changes the atmosphere and some core gameplay mechanics so that's why I have to recommend playing vanilla first to really understand and apreciate what each and every mod changes.
You know... were the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games not absolutely broken and bugged to the point of being an exercise in frustration I would agree with you, but as it stands base S.T.A.L.K.E.R makes Fallout: New Vegas look polished.

Do we also need to go into the long history of Shadows of Chernobyl, how it was vaporware for the longest time and many of the features that appeared in build 1935 [http://sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Build_1935:_Quick_Guide] were removed in the final release due to bugs and S.T.A.L.K.E.R complete restores and polishes that functionality making the game closer to the developers original vision.

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
lacktheknack said:
No offense meant, sorry.

And... um... this post utterly baffles me. I'm positive you're serious, but now I feel a bit godly for doing the entire game in two days. Huh. (Incidentally, I got Super Meat Boy a week ago, I'm still trapped in the damn Salt Factory.)
Congratulations on running 100% completion on TR:A in 2 days! That's insane! I tip my hat to you.

Cursed Frogurt

Aug 17, 2010
Certain tracks on certain rhythm games require way more from the player than most "games".

Besides those... hmmm...

Ikaruga on Arcade Mode. Three hits, you're dead. I can't even get passed the second boss on that mode, and it gets harder and harder and harder.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
IamSofaKingRaw said:
Beauty and the Beast on the SNES. I found it impossible. That or Prince of Persia on the SNES. I know for a fact no one here can claim they beat it.
I know I can't. I played that on a SNES emulator and got to, what I guess, must be pretty close to the end, but then I ran into this reeeaaally long impossible to make jump.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Evidently using the search bar is the hardest game ever as I've seen this thread about 70 times.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
How about this:
I've not played it, but I imagine the challenge would be dodging all those bullets AND putting up with that bitches annoying laugh.

AdumbroDeus

Feb 26, 2010
thedoclc said:
Everything mentioned so far pales before the far, far more unforgiving I Wanna Be The Guy. Which has an even harder fangame made from it.

Go ahead. Play it. It's a free download. If you make it to the first boss before giving up, your gaming gonads are bigger than mine.

It's a free download. What do you have to lose besides your keyboard when you HULK SMASH it.
IWBTG isn't hard so much as it's mindless trial and error. In the first 3 minutes I died 15 times to obsticles that were literally impossible for me to avoid, because by the time I was made aware of the way around them, it was impossible to avoid them.

That is cheap difficulty that artificially extends playtime without ever actually challenging the player's skill.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
I Wanna Be The Guy. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU