Has/did your school ever pull a dick move?

prince_xedar

Aug 25, 2010
Kwaku Avoke said:
prince_xedar said:
Kwaku Avoke said:
After reading other posts on this thread I can't really complain beyond a few dickhead teachers but I kinda wish my school gave a flying fug about the football team. I'm on it but we really don't get any special treatment and the volleyball team is where all the money goes. Parents are the ones who have to pay for a lot of our things and we even have to do an actual chocolate sale for funding. Just kinda sucks how we easily have the most difficult sport and while the volleyball team gets everything they want, a renovated gym (wasn't just for them but still) and a bag of chips. We have to have chocolate sale for a goal post on our small field. Just saying if I'm gonna play football I'd like some perks...earned of course...I'm gonna go lay in a tub of ice my body hurts.
Try playing a real contact sport like Rugby union and then complain
ooh I've seen rugby i can't complain about that but I'm complaining more about the near neglect of my team in comparison to a losing volleyball team that doesn't even have tryouts.
i can understand that feel man, same thing happens here with rugby over cricket

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Archangel768 said:
kebab4you said:
Death God said:
OT: My school has random laptop screenings and can look through personal info if they feel you are doing something your not supposed to do. I know it is their laptops and all but teenagers need some privacy.
Then use your own god damn computer T.T"
lol. In my school which I finished last year they introduced this program called LANschool that you had to have installed on any laptop of your own that you brought into school.

This LANschool program had a key logger on it so anything we would do such as logging onto the Escapist to a bank accounts would be recorded by them. It also restricted access to crucial components such as task manager so if that one program wouldn't close, instead of ending the process we would have to restart the computer.

Fortunately, my friend and I being in our last year decided not to go to the IT room and get the program installed, they never bothered going after us probably because they figured we would be gone in a few months but it still annoys me that they introduced such a thing that even had to be installed on peoples own personal computers.
Okey this on the other side is a dick move, also illegal. You did report them right? o_o

Sirpipple

Aug 17, 2010
My school lunch now cost $2.05 so that leaves 95 cent to walk around with. All day you can hear change in every one's pockets. Oh! and now the school milks are smaller, about 2/3 they were.

Sep 14, 2009
Blablahb said:
Kwaku Avoke said:
Just kinda sucks how we easily have the most difficult sport and while the volleyball team gets everything they want
As a kickboxer who also appears in competitions, I can't help but grin as a matter of general principle.

What is it with American Football players and thinking their sport is tough? Running around and bumping into people in full armour is nothing.
now i don't even play football, when i do/did, it was always recreational, but are you honestly saying volleyball is tougher than this?

that isn't even near the worst that i have seen, just something i looked up quick on youtube

sure the padding does help take away any of the bone breaking sharpness of the hit, but your momentum is still getting rocked to hell and back inside that padding.

just saying.

KennardKId5

May 26, 2011
This year, I think the procedures for school cafeterias and prison cafeterias got messed up. At least I hope so, because how else can you explain:
Not being allowed to talk.
Not being allowed to sit with people you want to sit at.
Not being able to (I kid you not)LOOK AROUND.
Not being able to get the gross food TWICE.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
Blablahb said:
Kwaku Avoke said:
Just kinda sucks how we easily have the most difficult sport and while the volleyball team gets everything they want
As a kickboxer who also appears in competitions, I can't help but grin as a matter of general principle.

What is it with American Football players and thinking their sport is tough? Running around and bumping into people in full armour is nothing.
now i don't even play football, when i do/did, it was always recreational, but are you honestly saying volleyball is tougher than this?

that isn't even near the worst that i have seen, just something i looked up quick on youtube

sure the padding does help take away any of the bone breaking sharpness of the hit, but your momentum is still getting rocked to hell and back inside that padding.

just saying.
what? I didn't say volleyball was tougher. Look for my original post.

Sep 14, 2009
Kwaku Avoke said:
what? I didn't say volleyball was tougher. Look for my original post.[/quote]

i was quoting the guy who quoted you, not quoting you directly, he was the one who mentioned volleyball and kick boxing

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
At the end of the year are school held somthing for all the students who didnt act like total fuck ups.

I was excited for it since id get to chat and goof around and then im told my name was written off to not go and guess what I even went to every fucking teacher I had they all said nothing had happened. Oh and I never even had detention once or got suspended or whatever fucking bullshit.

Have super icy roads? its hailing outside? Snow storm outside that has close to no visiability. Guess what you still get school we never fucking close even if all other schools close. Oh whats that half the school is sick including staff? Guess what WE STAY OPEN.

When I was in Elementry school I didnt eat lunch but one day the staff found out so guess what they said I had to eat so I refused they took me to the office and sat me there with the food saying im not allowed to leave til i eat. Guess what happened I didnt eat and I didnt get to go to any classes after lunch.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
My school forced every student to take Technology for GCSE. But they would choose the type of Technology. I got stuck with Graphics, which I have always loathed, and wasn't any good at it. The teacher was good, but I was really pissed that I didn't have any choice in that matter.

[small][sub]Protip to governors: If someone ain't good at something, don't force them to do it, just to advertise the results. Fucking Technology Colleges.[/sub][/small]

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
UnadvisedCow said:
Death God said:
OT: My school has random laptop screenings and can look through personal info if they feel you are doing something your not supposed to do. I know it is their laptops and all but teenagers need some privacy.
im sorry but because it is their property they do have the right to do that...
My cousen had somthing like this tho they did it and checked stufffor a computer he owned at home they had found out he looked at a bomb site so they expelled him under grounds of it. Note he likes to read and look at random shit.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
just as i was going into high school the changed the required amount of credits to graduate from 24 to 26. granted that will look better on a college application but its still a dick move

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
oh and they came up either a stupid "poor if I" bs that made it possible for students to make up any assignment they didn't pass in any time of the year, how ever if they failed to turn in a certain amount of assignments they would fail the term regardless of what their actual grade was.

they had a very bad tendency to run out of food by fifth lunch and as a result any decent lunch they ever turned out would be long gone by the time i ever got to it.

oh and they changed the stair wells, we had four stair wells, and the middle of the year the decided to make 2 stairs "down only" and two "up only" it was a pain to have to relearn how to get to your next class instead of just using the closet set of stairs available.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
KennardKId5 said:
This year, I think the procedures for school cafeterias and prison cafeterias got messed up. At least I hope so, because how else can you explain:
Not being allowed to talk.
Not being allowed to sit with people you want to sit at.
Not being able to (I kid you not)LOOK AROUND.
Not being able to get the gross food TWICE.
What? That is not on. I could understand these rules Classes, or exams. But Cafeterias? What are they trying to do, rehabilitate you?

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
Changed the entry requirements for the 6th form to 5 C's or above at GCSE to 10 C's, when my year got to year 11.

Dropped it back to 5 the year afterwards.

I got 9 C's or above.

fmazz

Sep 4, 2011
My 10th grade English teacher (Who is sexist) gave me a zero for participation. This dropped my B grade down to a C. The school slut who was getting Fs for everything she did was also somehow getting a C. I explained to her in a calm voice that this was bull. I remember saying "So if I wasn't in the room the entire time I would be getting the same exact grade" She said maybe I should try harder. I complained to the school board and they said they would look into it. They didn't.

This kept me out of the Honor Society (My mom said that if I get in I could get a job. I was saving money for video games, that I only allow myself to play on weekends.)

Ungenericteen

Feb 1, 2010
Banned: my chemical romance, rise against, bullet for my valentine, guns and roses, and rage against the machine t-shirts because they "promoted violence"

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Blablahb said:
Death God said:
Isn't that easy to remove?
Normally it is but our tech guy has installed some weird software that lets him know when the history has been wiped which leads him to recover the history.