Has your house/hometown ever been on TV/Film?

Crises^

Sep 21, 2010
I live in a town called Greystones in Co.Wicklow, Ireland. Our Cinema is the one from this episode of Father Ted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT9xuXQjxMM

Also Interestingly somehow our town won the award most livable community: http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1110/110288-greystones/

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Some one used the local Ice cream place for some kind of movie,not sure what.

thejarofdirt882

May 2, 2012
Well living in Swansea (& now Cardiff) basically means Doctor Who. Notably Swansea doubled as Nazi time Berlin in one episode, which I thought was pretty funny. I remember 3 years ago they were filming down in Cardiff Bay in the middle of January and we were up to like a foot of snow and poor old Karen Gillan was in her skimpy little skirt freezing her arse off for some shots that, from memory, ended up being sub 1 minute in the aired episode. (And for an episode that aired near the end of that series they couldn't have contacted the council to reschedule for later in the year? I felt sorry for her, standing there watching with my warm coat and hot chocolate & huddled up with some friends. Then we ran away because we couldn't feel our fingers.

If it counts the house I grew up in Swansea was on the news when Princess Diana came to visit once. That was an exciting day, all I wanted to know was why are all these strange people lining the streets outside our house & why can't we go out.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Yes. I live in tokyo so the city is always on TV.
Also my local station has a restaurant that is famous for being used for location filming.
I often see movies and stuff being filmed there.
It was quite amusing to see two movies in one day that had the same restaurant. It is only five minutes from my house.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
I currently live in Delft, there's been films, miniseries and documentaries filmed here. Nowhere near my house though. And members of our royal family get burried in the "Nieuwe Kerk" (New Church ca.1560)so whenever one of them dies the town on the tele again.

My hometown (Halsteren) might have accidentally been filmed once or twice, but I don't know that it has been on national television.

batti

Mar 18, 2009
My hometown was used in making of a film called "Hafið"(The Sea) The filmcrew kinda set fire to the fish-processing plant, which they were using to simulate a fire in the film. The native were quite upset.

Aug 31, 2012
Seeing as London is my home town, yes, a lot.

As to where I live now, yes, the end of my road was on Top Gear in the episode where they raced a letter from the Scilly Isles to wherever it was in Scotland they went. It's also been on Coast a few times as well and Wycliffe, the detective series.

captcha: friend zone...Nooo! Captcha, I always thought there was more between us than that ;_;

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Yeah, some movies have been filmed around my area. Swedish titles though, so I don't think many here would know it.
Hip Hip Hora, Låt Den Rätte Komma In and a scene in Snabba Cash comes to mind.

If we go a bit wider there's tons of movies that qualify. I live in Stockholm after all.

Detroit

Dec 22, 2012
Yep, my town has been in both. They shot a movie near a mall where I live. One guy got an autograph from an actress and they made copies of it.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Well... my hometown was use for part of the movie "Signs", and my parents and our neighbors were in an episode of Trading Spaces, so... yeah!

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I forget the movie but there was some scene on the Mexico border and I recognized it from my home town.

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
I live in a horrible part of the UK which has only been featured on Road Wars.

If you don't know what it is: http://sky1.sky.com/show/road-wars

StereoMike

Jul 13, 2010
I'm from Toronto, so yes. In almost every movie you've seen that takes place in New York, Chicago, Boston, any east coast american city.

It was funniest in Resident Evil 2, because the entire finale takes place at Toronto City Hall. Also the finale of the Edward Norton Hulk is on Yonge street, and the shots are filled with Toronto landmarks. They didn't even try to make it look like New York in that one.

One of the weirdest experiences I had as a kid was walking home on a summer's day, turning a corner only to see that a section of my street looked like 1940's chicago or something, and the ground was covered in snow. Fake snow, but it was still weird in the middle of summer. All for some TV movie with Kirstie Alley.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I'm in Greenock, Scotland and Waterloo Road, a crappy school-based series is filmed here now, in fact they've used one of the flats downstairs from me on several occasions.

It's annoying tripping over cables and stuff in the hallway :)

Oh, Greenock has also been used for at least one Murder in Taggart over the years.

Rendahli

Sep 15, 2011
My home town is Cardiff in Wales, which is where they film a lot of Doctor Who and Torchwood. I don't think my house has ever been on TV though.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Does tourist shows count? If so condering I'm living in a beach resort sort of town and it's ain't exactly crappy as some other resort towns, the town does get feature every now and then.

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
Brighton, UK, which is where "Sugar Rush" is set and filmed.

I imagine there are a few other things that have happened here, but that one comes most immediately to mind (because it is fucking brilliant).