have a second language?

KlausH

Jun 21, 2010
HNGHHH! NO YOU TWAT! MADEIRA IS AN ISLAND! AN ISLAAAAAND of Portugal! PORTUGALLLL!

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
well beeing norwegian i have english a a second language, and we also learn a third one trough school, so my third is german, altough i am not that fluent in speaking german.

blackhole1

Jun 7, 2010
I was raised in Holland, where you learn your second language (english) in high school. My first language is Dutch, in case that wasn't clear.

Apr 29, 2010
English and Spanish are my two main languages. I know a little bit of German, but not enough to carry a conversation.

Snor

Mar 17, 2009
english
dutch
german
spanish

here you go pick the one you want :)
not fluent in the last two though

Beefjerky

Sep 9, 2008
I understand about five languages (Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, English and German) But I can only speak Swedish, English and German. I also have some extreme basic knowledge in Spanish. Enough to order food, ask directions and find out the time.

And I know some pick-up lines in French.

Duskwaith

Sep 20, 2008
I speak, on top of english. Irish to a good enough degree, Latin to a improving degree, Italian to the state where i could probably live in italy comfortably, I done GCSE German more than likely didnt do good in the tests but when it comes to practically useing it im pretty good.

Im not to shabby at French either.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
micky said:
i dont have one but i can speak army phonetics. seirra echo echo tango hotel alpha tango. guess what i just said.
I have posters in my room with army phonetics, Morse code, sign language letters, and the Russian alphabet. I'm trying to memorize all of them. .. - .. ... --. --- .. -. --. .-- . .-.. .-.. .-.-.-

Je suis alle a une ecole Francais pour 2 annes, mais je ne peut pas faire des accents Francais sur cette ordinateur.

Ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch verstehen, aber ich bin nicht so zuvertlich.

Ykadishtu mnahn'cthuvian mguh'enak'yarnakphlegethorr.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Je parler francais......to an extent.

I could survive in a french speaking country for about a week, but not much more lol.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Furburt said:
I can speak Irish to a point, and I've got a reasonable grasp of Spanish. My grammar's terrible, but you can understand me, at least.
Furburt! As a Nationalist, surely Irish is your FIRST language!

OT: मैं हिन्दू समझे हो - Maim Hindu Samajhe ho

y un poco Espana

Totenkopf

Mar 2, 2010
English is my second language, what is quite obvious.

I'm quite surprised by the amount of people here who are learning or have learned German.

Quantana

Dec 3, 2008
in Holland it's also pretty common to speak about 2 or 3 languages beside's dutch

i speak
1. Dutch
2. German
3. English
4. French (but i really suck at it)

Reenix

Mar 21, 2010
I'm relearning French because I plan to spend some time there upon graduating (hell, it's practically next to my hometown anyway).

I did want to learn Greek because of my heritage, but it's in so much turmoil at the moment that there may not be a Greece in the future...

drdamo

May 17, 2010
Dutch is my main language and English my second. Funny thing is that i've always had better grades in English then in Dutch, which was logically impossible according to my Dutch teacher.
I've also had my fair share of French & German, altho i've given up on the first one. This time my french teacher was amazed that i could cite french texts as being a true frenchman, yet without having a single clue on what the text actually ment, gheh.
And ontop of that i've had 3 years of both Ancient Greek and Latin. However, since i wasn't planning on using either in the future i switched schools, effectively getting rid of my 3 least favourite languages ^^.
I'm still trying to find spare time to take on some Japanese, but with my current study it'll be at least 4 years untill i even have the time for it.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I know spanish, I took 4 years of German so I can read it pretty well, but I forget a lot of it. Currently I'm taking Japanese. I love it, and I'm going to stick with it for a while.