have a second language?

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
I can speak Swedish, Finnish, English and German. My Finnish is quite horrible though, I really need to improve it.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
I'm terribly sorry, but I want to correct that fact. (you know how rude the Dutch can be)
The northern part of Belgium does speak a form of Dutch, but it isn't called that way. It's Flemish. Also the southern region in Belgium speaks Wallonian, a form of French. I can't tell the difference between Wallonian and French, but I do know the difference between Dutch and Flemish.

Still, I thought that not many Belgians spoke German.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
I can understand German fluently, read it ok but talk or write it? Nuuu! (All my GCSE German is gone :p)

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Native English speaker. I like to think I speak it better than most other native English speakers (at least the American ones).

I also studied German for two years (but that was three years ago- my little bit of German is very rusty), just completed my third year of Latin (because fuck you, usefulness), and have studied a wee bit of Icelandic on the side. And have an interest in learning a bit of Hungarian.

Skarvig

Jul 13, 2009
German is my mother tongue and you start to learn English in 5th grade. But to pass the final secondary-school examinations you have to learn a third language. It was Spanish for me.
So I speak German and English fluently and Spanish just good enough to understand it.
I also took French lessons in 7th grade, but I can't speak it anymore past "Je ne sais pas", or "Je ne parle pas francais"

micky

Apr 27, 2009
sikzak said:
I speak/write Faroese, Danish and English.

Understand most of Swedish and Norwegian.

Once had German for a year in school.

Have now had Spanish for a year in school, one to go.

This is normal where I'm from.
and where is that?

Emilox The Great

May 26, 2010
i talk my nations language: Danish. and my second language: English

Emiloxia doesnt have its own language because that would just be stupid. Hey look SHINY COLOURS!!!

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
micky said:
i can speak army phonetics. seirra echo echo tango hotel alpha tango. guess what i just said.
Yeah, not really a language right there. Just an alphabet.

Belgian here, speak Dutch and English, understand French, some Spanish and some German. Also learned Latin. AND ZOMG PHONETICS.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Learning english was hard enough (dyslexia much?) then trying to throw a second language into the mix. though i'm slowly picking up phrases and words in japanese because of watching subbed anime :D

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Swedish, Finnish and English are the languages I know, I've had the chance to learn German and French too but never took it, and by speaking swedish I also understand Norwegian and Danish people(which are sort of swedish)

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Polish is my native, I know English on Advanced English level (Second Certificate), Spanish on an Intermediate level and I used to know a lot of German, but I thank YourChosenEntity I remember about... 5% of what that.

I can also understand Russian a bit, even the letters, I can communicate with people from the south (Czechs and Slovakians) and I understand some words in Japanese.

Oh, and I "understand" French and Italian, but kill me, I can't say a word in those languages. I just understand them, same as with the Czech and Slovakian languages.

Tourette

Dec 19, 2009
English is my second language as I am British. My first language is the 'language of lurve' :D

/puts on Barry White