Have you ever been called out by your Username?

silversnake4133

Mar 14, 2010
My best friend in real life calls me "snake" a lot. Mostly because she's my friend on deviantArt as well, and my username there is MGSSnake.

On a more humorous note, because of my username, a lot of people I talk to on forums thinks I'm a dude. XD

darkdrgon2136

Jul 14, 2010
not here, as im still mostly lurking 0_0, but on the WotC forums and in Steam games. people seem to mispronounce it Dark Dragon a lot, or occasionally Dark Doctor, since Im always a medic in TF2, when really its meant to be spoken Dark DURgon.

IronicBeet

Jun 27, 2009
Everyone online either calls me "IconicBeet", "IronicBeast", or "Icon".

None of them are too far off, but still.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
A couple of people here called me Casual or Shinji...or both.

It's easy name, I guess.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
On Games all the time. In real life, one of my friends who obsesses over this game calls me my username in real life. No, people don't call me by my username most of the time around here.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
When I first came here I got flamed for it, now I think people have come to accept it.

Blu

Aug 12, 2010
At school when I feel like bludging I play Halo on the school computers and call myself 'Zero' but people who don't know my name have started calling me by that now so it's weird.

Elburzito

Feb 18, 2009
Sometimes when my friends are joking around they call me "Burz" but that's just about it.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
cheshitescat said:
Thankfully not, as my username is a typo.
Typo? I never considered that, considering it has the words both shite and scat in it.

JustStewart

Sep 17, 2009
Well, seeing as my on-line neame is "JustStewart" I think it's safe to say that no-one's going to misinterpret or call me out on it ^_^

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
Never by my usernames for xbl or psn or anything like that, but a few of my friends still to this day call me Dub after my wow character that I haven't played for 2 years

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
I haven't really been called out on my username, but I have had someone PM me to say how cool my avatar is. Although, they really should have PM'd the Avatar Store, since they're the awesome guys who made it.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Well this username is also my Steam name, so many times when I'm lanning with a friend he'll end up calling me Sightless regardless of the fact that he's talking to me in person and not over the web. Other than that... I think someone asked me where the name came from.(It's the title of an Arsis song, yeah I stole it...so what?)

W8NKA

Jul 15, 2010
NO never. I hope it never happens becouse that would be awkared as if some one shoted out "Wanka, come over here"

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Yes. Millions of times. Honestly, who gives a fuck if I like Halo? Does it really matter if I like Halo when I'm perfectly capable of playing games of other genres and being able to enjoy them for what they are? And besides, it was from a joke in Penny Arcade. I mean seriously, if you were to include a reference to your favorite game like Fallout, wouldn't it be annoying if someone called you out on it and told you "That game fucking sucks"? I thought so.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
I don't even know why I chose Flying-Emu as my username.

Have had a few people ask what an emu was, and why it flew. I guess they didn't get that it was an oxymoron.