Have you ever bought a game multiple times?

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I bought Wind Waker about 3 or 4 times. I also had both the gamecube and Wii version of Twilight Princess. Also had two copies of Saint's Row after my first copy got a pretty bad scratch. I also got the normal and GOTY edition of Fallout 3.

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
ohnoitsabear said:
I bought Morrowind many years ago. A few years back, after finally getting a computer good enough to play Oblivion, I played that for a while, but that only gave me a huge desire to play Morrowind again. Unfortunately, the main Morrowind disk was cracked and the game couldn't be installed from it. So I ran to a store that, believe it or not, actually had several new copies of Morrowind GOTY edition. So I snatched one up so I could play the excellence that is Morrowind. It was so worth it.
this, basically. I had the original at one point and kind of lost it. So I bought the GOTY version because I wanted the expansions anyway. I'm currently facing having to grind some levels because werewolfs are just to damn powerfull, even for my guy being covered in priceless artifacts.

And I bought Max payne 1 on steam after my physical copy got broken. It's basicly the first real shooter I played so I'm pretty much in nostalgia love with it. Sadly it is apparantly at war with the sound card of my laptop so the cutscene's are screwed up but still.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Yes. I bought Fallout 3 on Steam, and my laptop didn't like it, so I bought it again for the 360. I then traded that in for money off the GOTY edition. I then bought the GOTY edition on Steam this summer because I bought a new pc.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
I bought Awesomenauts on my (newly acquired) PS3, because I didn't want to wait the 2 months for it to release on PC. Bought it on release for PC as well.

That's it, I think. Oh, I'll be buying Trials: Evolution a second time when it releases on PC (bought that game for a 360 I don't even own I wanted to play it so much xD).

Jayse

Sep 22, 2009
I bought Ninety Nine Nights 3 times due to a series of random circumstances.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Nope.

I stick to PC gaming.

The only scenario would be something like buying a game like Plants vs. Zombies 2 for PC and my phone. I barely play anything with my phone, but if the game was cheap and I felt it would work just as great on my phone, then I could contemplate on buying it for both platforms.

Reading the other comments, I'm honestly very surprised to find the nay-saying side I'm on, to be the minority.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
As much as I hate it yes. I bought a lot of old PS1 games my brother pawned off (though technically my parents bought them the first time):
FF 7-9
Jumping Flash
Legend of Legaia
Chrono Cross.

I also got:
Catherine for the 360 and PS3 and I bought another copy to give to a friend if that counts.
DMC 1-3 and the HD collection
Several Genesis games since I have the originals, a PS2 collection and a PS3 collection.
Psychonauts since it was in the humble bundle and I own the PS2 version.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
I bought KoA twice because it turned out you can't activate the retail version on Steam and GameStop wouldn't let me return it, I can sort of understand why but I did say when I bought it that I intended to activate it on Steam.
Still got the copy around because most of my friends aren't a big fan of Origin either so nobody would buy it off me.

I've also bought several indie games more than once due to bundles and all that, and the fact that I don't really mind.

And I suppose I bought HL2 twice as well since I bought both HL2 and later Orange Box.

Suicidemoon

Jul 30, 2012
Of Course it's called Steam, easier to pay 2.50 or even 19.99 for a game, than to find the CDs or be bothered with it. I have lost Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 Alot but now i have copies i won't lose online and in Retail :D. Some games i can keep forever, some i lose, but blizzard games seem to always disappear!

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Street Fighter 2 for SNES. M. Bison used to cause me horrible rage fits that destroyed a cartridge or two.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
I've bought Final Fantasy tactics for every console it's been released on.
I bought Mass Effect 2 a second time to finish it with a second character so I could import him.
I bought Oblivion a second time because I remembered having a lot of fun with it and it was a dirt cheap game of the year edition. I'm thinking of doing the same with Fallout 3.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Halo 3 is the only one that I've bought that I had to buy again and that was because the disk I bought had laser burn. Games that my brother and I have had to re-buy because our little brother is an idiot include: Ratchet & Clank, R&C Going Commando, Jak 3, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2. There are several others that he sold as well that I plan to re-buy when I have money.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
I think the only game I've bought twice is X-COM. I got it once in the 90's and again on GoG a couple years ago.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Six copies of Mass Effect 1. First I got with the console, second I bought because the first got a crack in the disc. The third copy was for the PC and the fourth was was the Classics Edition so I could have a hardcopy of Bring Down the Sky for the 360. Fifth came the Games on Demand version and lastly I got the Limited Edition version from eBay.

I've bought both Mass Effect 2 and 3 for both the 360 and PC as well.

Dragon Age: Origins I bought for the PC and 360, I also bought the Awakening expansion, then I bought the Ultimate Editions for those platforms as well.

Gamer_152

Mar 3, 2011
TF2 and Portal are both games which I got as part of The Orange Box on the 360, then later picked up on Steam. Apart from that though, no, not really.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
I've done this to a good few games. I've bought A Boy and His Blob twice when I started missing it.

Panzermeido

Mar 13, 2012
Oh, I bought Company of Heroes three times. Two times as a hard copy in a box (I lost my first one), and the third time as a part of a Steam collection.