Have you ever noted none of us here are "normal"

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I always liked to think that i'm pretty normal. I mean, i don't drink beer and i don't like coke either but that's just details. I don't hold any extreme political views, i don't have any particulary strange hobbies, i'm part of the middle-class and i life a rather normal life.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The worst thing in the trilby obsession. And waistcoats. And ties.

It doesn't suit you - whoever you are - believe me.

Also: Stella.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
TheAztec said:
One thing that does annoy me, though, is the level of misogyny here. I feel like us women are not welcome here :/
Really? I've never had a problem with misogyny in these forums, and I've always felt pretty welcome. Not that I go trumpeting "I'M A LADY, Y'ALL" everywhere, so most people I interact with probably don't realize I'm female, but still. Even for topics and discussions where my gender has come in to play, I've never felt unwelcome at all. The closest I've gotten is someone calling me "sir" because they didn't check my profile and see my gender... and that's really not misogyny at all. What problems have you had?

OT: I'm really fairly normal: I'm not radical in any particular way, at least. But, y'know, I don't particularly like alcohol (especially beer, it tastes like ass) and my favorite drink is root beer (and chocolate milkshakes, if those count). I think things like drink preferences have no normal, because they're simply a personal taste preference... something that is extremely difficult to normalize, even with societal pressure. No matter what, you either like the taste of something or you don't.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
I'm a rum and coke kind of guy. Captain Morgans is a preference. Cider is also nice, but I'm very particular with who makes it.

Dr. Pepper if I'm feeling inconsiderate to my health. VitHit and water if I am being considerate.

I still think I'm normal... it's everyone else who's odd.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I think you'll find that most people's favourite beer is not budweiser. It's just cheap.

Though not as cheap or tasty as the wonder that is Biere Speciale. £2.99 for 8 250ml bottles. Thank you Tesco.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
No one is normal, we all have quirks and idiosynchrasies. Remember; you are an individual, just like everyone else.

Andy Shandy said:
And coke is clearly the wrong answer to the favourite non-alcoholic drink, because the answer is obviously Irn Bru, one of which I have right now =D
Ill see your Iron bru and raise you "Tizer".

OH no he didnt!

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
overpuce said:
Hazy992 said:
I fucking hate beer. Cider is where it's at!
Hell yes to the cider.
Good to see people with sense! =P

And coke is clearly the wrong answer to the favourite non-alcoholic drink, because the answer is obviously Irn Bru, one of which I have right now =D
Cider is delicious and the true nectar of the Gods... Or not if you are an atheist. Y'know, whatever you like man.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Normalcy? What is this thing you speak of, good sir? I read books about squiddly things and world-shattering Chtonian entities, I play games when I'm not doing that, and Joss Whedon is my lord and master.

I also read obscure comic books.

So, yeah. Normal? Forget about that concept, OP. Everybody everywhere is just a little off-kilter or crazy in some way. "Normal" is a statistical average fervently wished for and supposedly cataloged by advertisers and entertainment producers, but it doesn't have any serious relevancy in reality.

As to what I drink, mostly Smirnoff Ice and Baileys. And a whole lotta coffee and Pepsi, which I try to cut with as much water as possible in order to spare my wee kidneys.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Budweiser tastes like piss. No idea who would drink that on purpose. I laughed when an American in the UK complained we didnt serve Budweiser. lol.

No one is normal, no such thing. We like what we like and hate what we hate. If we were all normal the world would be a boring place.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Come to think of it, I don't know anyone who actually prefers budweiser; around here, Yuengling seems to be the cheap beer of choice[footnote]I certainly enjoy it when drinking on the cheap, and I prefer craft beers when I can get them[/footnote], unless it's a college party, and then it's Natty light or Natty Ice (because that stuff is just insanely cheap and it still gets you drunk.) A lot of people drink shock top and Sam Adams, too. Really, while I see a lot of Anheuser Busch products getting sold, bud and bud light aren't as big as you'd think they are. Craft beers are getting more popular with the average person too, and I live in redneck central. All the above to say, I wonder how "normal" it really is to prefer bud these days? It seems like the general public is starting to get a taste for better beer.

OT: As others have noted, this is a nerd site. Nerds are not what you would call normal.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
There's nothing wrong with not liking coke and budweiser, or really anything else that's super popular. But just remember, there's also nothing wrong with liking super popular things either. And the second you start feeling like you're better than other people just because they like mainstream things and have no idea what obscure drink you're talking about, then you've become a hipster.

No one likes hipsters.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
DANEgerous said:
TheBobmus said:
My favourite beer is Budweiser; just wanted to break your heart.
Well then as far a beer goes you like to drink piss beacuse that breaks my heart as well. Seriously that stuff is just bad. Still at leas you did not name a lite beer, or Corona, how the fuck is corona "Premium" it taste of a mildly foul nothing
To strike while the iron is hot: I absolutely love Corona...

OT: Of course we're not normal, we're an online community of nerds.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
LiberalSquirrel said:
TheAztec said:
One thing that does annoy me, though, is the level of misogyny here. I feel like us women are not welcome here :/
Really? I've never had a problem with misogyny in these forums, and I've always felt pretty welcome. Not that I go trumpeting "I'M A LADY, Y'ALL" everywhere, so most people I interact with probably don't realize I'm female, but still. Even for topics and discussions where my gender has come in to play, I've never felt unwelcome at all. The closest I've gotten is someone calling me "sir" because they didn't check my profile and see my gender... and that's really not misogyny at all. What problems have you had?
Look up every rape thread on here ever.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
To be fair, I can't name one single person I know that remotely likes Bud never mind a favourite.

Weak piss water.