Have you ever noted none of us here are "normal"

Winterfel

Feb 9, 2011
.. I ponder if anyone actually wakes up in the morning and think of themselves as a deviant freak of nature. >.>

Toby Kitching

Oct 24, 2011
all largers that aren't belgian/german are piss, all cider that isn't scrumpy/very cloudy is apple juice, irn bru is... weird. Real ale (hobgoblin, tanglefoot, etc.), strong scrumpy and fanta lemon for me

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
But I love coke! It's my favourite non-alcoholic drink. I don't like beer, I prefer cider.

I don't want to be normal, it sounds boring.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Hey, normalcy is overrated. (Also, I'm not a big fan of beer. I'm more of a soda person...)

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
I prefer Schweppes lemonade to Coke, but it doesn't mix as well with Jack Daniels. I haven't found any good beers yet- I mostly stick to cider. Are there any beers the Escapist recommends? That I can get in the UK?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
TheBobmus said:
My favourite beer is Budweiser; just wanted to break your heart.
Similarly, my favourite drink is Coke.

Though I think there are perhaps five things I could sound normal about.

bauke67

Apr 8, 2011
I love coke, and no I'm not an add- oh. the drink. yeah that's ok too.

No but seriously I drink coke all day long.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
No one is normal. Not at school/work, not on earth, not anywhere.

Winterfel said:
.. I ponder if anyone actually wakes up in the morning and think of themselves as a deviant freak of nature. >.>
...and I'm proud of it!

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
BlackStar42 said:
I prefer Schweppes lemonade to Coke, but it doesn't mix as well with Jack Daniels. I haven't found any good beers yet- I mostly stick to cider. Are there any beers the Escapist recommends? That I can get in the UK?
Yes.
If you like tequila, try tequila-flavoured beer - Amigos or Desperados can be found in any good cornershop. (In fact, try it even if you don't like it)
I really like Tribute ale, a Cornish beer that I've seen served on tap in many pubs outside of Cornwall.
Your location in the UK will affect what beers are easily available to you though, due to the microbrewery miracle.
If you like light beers, go for a Budweiser if you've never had one.
If you've not had a Guiness, it's worth giving that a go too.

Zyntoxic

May 9, 2011
I was once told that everyone is normal until the moment you get to know something about them.

so I think you'll find that in any group of people, be it a forum or a real-life group of strangers, no one will be considered "normal" at the end of the conversation...

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Yes, people on here are weird. Well bloody done.

"Normal" doesn't really exist, but yes we wouldn't be an accurate representation for the general public.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
There are no normal people, just people pretending to be similar. If everyone talked freely about themselves we'd live in a real life 4chan.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
ThePenguinKnight said:
There are no normal people, just people pretending to be similar. If everyone talked freely about themselves we'd live in a real life 4chan.
perhaps society "rules" arnt always a bad thing

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Vault101 said:
ThePenguinKnight said:
perhaps society "rules" arnt always a bad thing

There would be far to much seen to unsee, our brains would melt.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The alternative crowd is a cool crowd to be with. You never know what you'll pick up.

I'm proud to not be normal! I just don't get all pretentious about it.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Hazy992 said:
I fucking hate beer. Cider is where it's at!
Woodchuck Amber. Unless they have Spring on the market (it is sadly only available during the Spring). Or, if I can find it, Crispin's Honey Crisp is fantastic.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
"Normal" is just a social construct some humans use to gain a sense of grounding and stability. It's used as a qualifier far too much, I want to slap people in the face everytime they say "you're not normal!" as if it's something to be ashamed of.

TheBobmus said:
My favourite beer is Budweiser; just wanted to break your heart.
Also, this.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
JochemHippie said:
There are no "normal" people and those that try to be are media deformed puppets.
This just in, hipster is the new "normal".

(kidding!)