Have you ever noted none of us here are "normal"

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
There's no such thing as normal, and besides you get so many nationalities here that some people won't maybe even get budweisser from every store in their town.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I freakin' love coke. You could even say I'm addicted to it. If I don't get any I start to shiver and sweat a lot after a while.

I hate beer, but I do like whiskey and vodka.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
"So it seems that because of every syndrome and disorder we've invented in the past twenty years, the Los Angeles Times stated that 63% of American families are now considered dysfunctional. My God! That means we're the majority. We're normal! It's the people who have the mommy, the daddy, the brother, the sister, the little white picket fence... those people are the freaks, man!"

- Christopher Titus

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
You can hardly say people are normal based on their favourite beer or soda. Also if people don't drink Budweiser here, then that's probably partially because there are a lot of us who aren't American so it's not the most common beer, part because some of us have a refined taste and have tried a lot of different kinds of beer and probably because Budweiser is an abomination to all kinds of beer and should never be considered as beer. Ever.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Normal people read websites and get on with their life. They don't register accounts and post on the forums.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
No-one's normal, and everyone are unique in their own way. That's not some philosophical bullshit like some of my "normal" friends would tell me, it's just common sense. "Normality" is only defined by certain social and/or cultural standards anyway; i.e. it's entirely subjective.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Internet forums (especially here) seem to attract a certain type of person, that tends to dislike the mainstream. Personally? I like coke and I like Budweiser, but I prefer Dr Pepper and Corona (for the same kind of thing as Budweiser, I'm not really sure what my favourite alcoholic drink is). I don't have anything against people being different, but it I find it a little annoying when people are trying too hard to be different or are unnecessarily harsh on something for being popular.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I hate beer and, strongly dislike the effects of alcohol. As for Coke it's Vanilla, Cherry then, Classic (WHY DID THEY CANCEL BLAK!?)

There's really no such thing as normal when applied to people as a collective especially since 'normal' changes every few decades. Back in the 90's it was normal for kids to go to school without cell phones after all and now it's considered weird if a kid doesn't have one by middle school.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
sextus the crazy said:
Vault101 said:
sextus the crazy said:
It's because we're a nerd gathering place. Not especially conducive to normality. Also, the escapist is more of an "omninerd/skeptic/semi-academia hangout"
so by hanging out here alto does that make me smart?
I believe you are reversing cause and effect.
That's a pet peeve of mine, though fortunately it rarely happens outside of an ironic/jocular context. But when it does, it's worse than a god damn solipsism...

OT: Well, I would consider myself somewhat normal, though I'd also say I'm interesting, so "normal" in this context possibly means I've just got most of the irritating kinks worked out of my personality, leaving only the generally acceptable, and the downright awesome? (I am aware of flaws, it's just I always try to correct them, and then wait for the next to surface, which it always does). Recent revelations do, however, lead me to believe I'm a far more complex individual than I could ever have imagined.

I'm a very well adjusted sociopath would be the most simplified way of putting it.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Hazy992 said:
I fucking hate beer. Cider is where it's at!
I hate beer as well but I have never had cider thus I cannot comment. Rather I love wine, sweet wines specifically. Also Autum Orange Mead.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Hazy992 said:
I fucking hate beer. Cider is where it's at!
This. I hate beer. It's really weird, I tried drinking beer, and it was the most horrible thing ever. Then I had some Cider, and it was good...
Then I had some beer, after having some cider, and it was slightly better.
After reading that, I've realised why.

And I'm an idiot.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Canadian Mist whiskey and diet 7up is my drink of choice. I can't stand beer and have tried a wide variety, they all have some taste that just makes my stomach churn. People I know say that I should try German beer cause it is a lot better so I may do that next time I get the chance.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
I beg to differ, I personally set the standards for what is normal around here, and those standards are all based on my glorious self. I'm just having difficulty getting everyone else to comply, that's all.

In all seriousness, why would "normal" behavior include drink choices?

Fantasylord

Aug 25, 2009
I'm personally partial to Mike's Wine Coolers, and orange crush pop. MMMMMMMMMMM drinks.
:)
As for normality it is either overrated or does not exist. I haven't quite figured out which.

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
But, if everyone here is abnormal, then everyone here is the same and thus normal.

I don't really feel like I have much in common with the majority of people that frequent this site, so does that make me normal or abnormal, never-mind it doesn't matter?