Have you ever played through a game and completely missed a game play feature?

DragonLordSerge

Mar 13, 2012
In FFX i dint realise you could use the orbs to make your character stronger till i fought Yunalesca needless to say my hours of grinding payed off when i finally found it out

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Mass effect 3- ignored that reporter lady

Dragon age Orrigins- completly missed that Bard chick you can get..I figured she was DLC, also had no Idea Zavran was gay/bi

in Fallout 3 theres a button I can press so the campera isnt "locked" on my back..and can get a looka t my face
GimpyGimli said:
Dead Space uses X to quick heal...

My friend showed me after I beat the game on the highest difficulty!!
oh THIS..I was thinking "why the fuck do they make you use the inventory? thats stupid!"

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
ajemas said:
You can apparently aim down ironsights in Bioshock, something which would have come handy during some of the earlier parts of the game.
Aye, I didn't realise that until my second play-through (in all fairness, they were the crappy kind of iron-sight where you have to push down on a thumbstick if you're playing it on a console).

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
I finally learned how to dodge in Lost Planet half way through my 3rd play through. that would've saved me a few Irritating moments huh?

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
I fully missed the ability to repair items in fallout 3 with other items It was on my second playthough I found out that it was possible

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
When I first got Alpha Protocol, i'd heard a lot about the conversation system, but hadn't actually seen any screenshots/video of it.

So I installed it, booted it up, and started playing - and when the first conversation came up, the choices were blank squares with no reference to what would be said or what I had to do to trigger each option. I thought the conversation system was over-rated and quit after a while, deleting my progress, uninstalling etc.

A week or so later I realized it was a video card driver bug, and that installing new drivers enabled me to see the options.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
I didn't know that you could use a flash light in STALKER SOC until my second playthrough.
I also didn't know that you could grab enemies and throw them in Crysis 2

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Played through all of Assassin's Creed 2. Twice. Then, five minutes into Brotherhood, I found out how to do a high-profile assassination. Because... you know... I'm a fucking genius.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
I don't remember which game, but there was a JRPG where the stores sold everything in different screens and you had to press the shoulder buttons to switch from weapons to armour. I didn't figure that out and thought you could only buy weapons. The only armour I ever got was found in treasure chests. Game was hard as balls. I think it was a Wild Arms game, but I could be wrong.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
I have a friend who played Skyrim for about 50 hours before figuring out you could sprint.

Yeah, I played Crysis 2 without knowing you could modify weapons by HOLDING the back button.
Didn't figure that thing out till me second playthrough :p

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Didn't know Gordon Freeman could use a flashlight. Half-Life 2 is way less scary than I originally thought. (?‿?)

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
BiggyShackleton said:
Holding A in Fallout 3 & NV allows to drink continuously.
Heheheh... Oh I remember that first initial shock...

Don't worry buddy, I'm right in that same camp with ya.

Hastur 1993

Oct 3, 2010
I only just learned that there was a favorites list for my inventory in Skyrim when i was on my second play through, I guess it was because my first character was a melee combat focused Nord so i never really had a use for that considering that i rarely had to access more than a few items quickly, I discovered it when i was in my second play through as a high elf mage when i had to access my large amount of spells and potions quickly with having to constantly rummage through the inventory all the time.

Also i also am a member of Skyrim's social club of those who never knew there was a sprint function, i never knew there was one until my third playthrough.