Have you guys seen the new Lady Gaga video?

May 5, 2010
Contextualizer said:
Warning, if awesome choreography and barely dressed men bother you, then this video probably won't be your style. It's probably not safe for work either, but considering how massive of a pop culture phenomenon she has become, I think it warrants discussion.

Personally, I love it. I am surprised by how political she made it (and also by the complete lack of brand advertising), but either way, I think she's going to both piss off a lot of close-minded people and make a lot of fun people happy :)
Oh right. Because the only way I could possibly dislike it is if I'm close-minded. Talk about ironic.

Right, couple of things:

-Still don't like the music, or or her/him.
-Laughed my ass off at the machine gun boobs. Is that supposed to be edgy? How the hell am I supposed to take her/him seriously after that?
-And now that song is stuck in my head. Thank you so very fucking much.(And don't quote me saying something along the lines of "You're welcome, it's a great song." You were planning on doing that, right? Yeah, don't.)
-Alexandro, Ferndando, and Roberto? This chick really gets around. I can not be the first one to ever make that joke.

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Oh right. Because the only way I could possibly dislike it is if I'm close-minded. Talk about ironic.

Right, couple of things:

-Still don't like the music, or or her/him.
-Laughed my ass off at the machine gun boobs. Is that supposed to be edgy? How the hell am I supposed to take her/him seriously after that?
-And now that song is stuck in my head. Thank you so very fucking much.(And don't quote me saying something along the lines of "You're welcome, it's a great song." You were planning on doing that, right? Yeah, don't.)
-Alexandro, Ferndando, and Roberto? This chick really gets around. I can not be the first one to ever make that joke.
Slut-shaming! Clever!

And so is trying to make a joke about Gaga's sex. She's a girl. Get over it.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Thanks for sharing but I didn't find it entertaining, I was just waiting for the song to kick in and found that average at best anyway.

May 5, 2010
Contextualizer said:
Wow, you're kind of defensive. You know what? You have permission to make fun of things I like. They include God Of War, the show "Lost", and the book series "A Song of Ice and Fire." Go ahead. Do your worst. See, I actually don't care what people say about things I like. You shouldn't, either.

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
Contextualizer said:
Wow, you're kind of defensive. You know what? You have permission to make fun of things I like. They include God Of War, the show "Lost", and the book series "A Song of Ice and Fire." Go ahead. Do your worst. See, I actually don't care what people say about things I like. You shouldn't, either.
Well, here's a mind-bender: I don't see the point of making fun of what other people like. I'd be hard pressed to think of an activity I could care less about :)

I'd say that's a lot less defensive than attacking other people for what they like, don't you?

Also, I forgot to address this:

A lot of close-minded people can dislike something, but that doesn't mean open-minded people can't dislike it either.

I thought this was basic logic?

theklng

May 1, 2008
Contextualizer said:
Warning, if awesome choreography and barely dressed men bother you, then this video probably won't be your style. It's probably not safe for work either, but considering how massive of a pop culture phenomenon she has become, I think it warrants discussion.

Personally, I love it. I am surprised by how political she made it (and also by the complete lack of brand advertising), but either way, I think she's going to both piss off a lot of close-minded people and make a lot of fun people happy :)
not sure where you see the political part of it. and also, isn't klein from calvin klein, i.e. brand advertising? her music is pretty decent, but i've always wondered why she chooses to portray herself so inhumanely.

A lot of close-minded people can dislike something, but that doesn't mean open-minded people can't dislike it either.
and here i was, thinking that open minded people don't actually dislike things...

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
The Klein referred to in the video is its producer, Steven Klein [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Klein]. He has worked with Calvin Klein though, but that is completely irrelevant to the video.

jmoore4ska

Predicament Pro Tem
Oct 15, 2009
Soooo...now i realize this whole topic was less about genuine discussion and more about shameless flame-baiting.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Gah, what the fuck was that? I want those eight minutes of my life back.

I seriously don't understand how weird suddenly means new and edgy nowadays. Gah, and the song. All she did was repeat one word over and over again then rape a man dressed like a woman. Then she did some strange dancing and got raped in return.

She cannot sing, either. I had the misfortune to hear her live once and... my days, it was horrible. I actually left with my group at one point because it was that bad.

Contextualizer said:
And so is trying to make a joke about Gaga's sex. She's a girl. Get over it.
She definately looks like a man in this video. Some of those men actually looked more female than her.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
her face and hair is very wierd. though she has a hot body. i dont like the song.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
I got to say, wow. Frankly I enjoy all of her music videos, they're different, vibrant, full of imagery. Love the imagery, best looking neo nazi's I have ever seen (The ones next to her throne, not the shirtless ones)

Also, is it odd that I found her at her sexiest when she was fully clothed in the later parts where she is fading in and out?

-And now that song is stuck in my head. Thank you so very very much.
No Problem!

;)

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
teh_pwning_dude said:
Contextualizer said:
It's funny you only singled me out for my tongue-in-cheek comment yet passed over the dozens of flame posts of other users here attacking people who like Lady Gaga (or in general, music that is popular). Why is that?
...because there weren't any. None. At all. Not a single comment as far as mine attacked people who like pop music. You are a fool and a liar.

Looking through your other comments, you're also arrogent, self-rightious and have trouble accepting that other people are different to you and can think different things, let alone that your own fucking opinions are not fact.

The minute you act like youre better than anyone else because of what you like, you're a prick. Noone cares if you've been to third world contries, shut up. aying "You've probably never ever heard of the genres I listen to" makes you an elitist hipster douche.

Please, for the love of God, stop arguing like you have any sort of high ground. You don't. And with every thing you say, you just dig yourself deeper.
Oh my goodness, the irony is ripe here. I love it!

LamborghiniJackson

Jan 15, 2010
Pimppeter2 said:
Well that was bizarre. Then again, what was I expecting?

D Bones said:
I didn't watch it because I hate her and still don't know if she's a man or not. And, I find her to be pretty sexy so I'm just going to ignore her in case she is a he.
Man, whats up with the Lakers? How do you think Game 3 will go?
I'm hoping they'll lose. I've got 99 cents riding on the Celtics.

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
teh_pwning_dude said:
No, it isn't. You're still a liar and have yet to refute so. You don't even know what I like and don't like, hence irony cannot exist on this level. You seem to think that whatever you say is true, which, honestly, is really sad. Please try to get a grip on reality.
At what point did I say I was better because of what I like? Unlike the users who have been attacking me for liking Lady Gaga or calling me unintelligent or insane, I have no interest in attacking anyone for what they like.

And don't you remember this treasure of a post?

I DO have a problem when someone says those things I have in quotes(" "). It causes me to question the person's sanity and frankly, their intelligence.
I mentioned going to third world countries because the user asked me if I got depressed that people listened to Lady Gaga. I gave him an honest answer. There's nothing to brag about that; it's not like airplane tickets are expensive.

And I've already said multiple times that unlike other users here, I'm not interested in attacking someone for what they like. You're targeting the wrong person here, but I guess it's easier to go after someone who doesn't have the same taste as you. There's the irony there.

But hey, if you're one of the few people who know what Asian Massiv is, respect. Judging from your evasive posts though, that doesn't seem like the case. I'm glad to be proven wrong though :)

Let's summarize:

* If you don't like Lady Gaga, that's cool
* If you like Lady Gaga, that's also cool
* People who like Lady Gaga aren't dumb/crazy because they like Lady Gaga
* People who don't like Lady Gaga aren't dumb/crazy because they don't like Lady Gaga
* Lady Gaga is a woman

It's so funny that certain forms of mainstream hedonism (blockbuster video games) are acceptable on The Escapist but others (mainstream pop artists) aren't.

automatron

Apr 21, 2010
It'd probably have the same effect the the bad romance and telephone music vids did. Think they're weird as hell at first, but then get them stuck in my head and watch them another 10 times or so.
I'm a fan of her music (and music videos, although not so much this one) and to the people who say she's not hot in this, I think that's probably the point, knowing her wackiness. I've heard her say she purposefully makes herself ugly for some reason, although what I have no idea