Heath Ledger Might Appear in Next Batman Movie

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Jamboxdotcom said:
arc1991 said:
Jamboxdotcom said:
i don't see the point of having Joker in the next movie at all. i loved Ledger as Joker, and don't think anyone could top his role, but why have him in the next movie? to cheesily boost your draw? Nolan's too good a director to go that route, imo. i don't recall seeing Ra's al'Ghul in Dark Knight Returns.
Because Ra's Al'Ghul died... Joker did not.

And clearly says he is being added for continuity purposes only.
yeah, but (granted, it's been a while since i saw Batman Begins...) did they have Lazarus Pits in Begins? 'cause if so, Ra's being "dead" isn't really an issue. (explanation, in case they didn't use Lazarus Pits in the movie, and for those who aren't comic book geeks: in the comics, Ra's is effectively immortal, since he has resurrection chambers called Lazarus Pits.)
Don't think so, either way i doubt he will ever come back into the films.

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
Jamboxdotcom said:
arc1991 said:
Jamboxdotcom said:
i don't see the point of having Joker in the next movie at all. i loved Ledger as Joker, and don't think anyone could top his role, but why have him in the next movie? to cheesily boost your draw? Nolan's too good a director to go that route, imo. i don't recall seeing Ra's al'Ghul in Dark Knight Returns.
Because Ra's Al'Ghul died... Joker did not.

And clearly says he is being added for continuity purposes only.
yeah, but (granted, it's been a while since i saw Batman Begins...) did they have Lazarus Pits in Begins? 'cause if so, Ra's being "dead" isn't really an issue. (explanation, in case they didn't use Lazarus Pits in the movie, and for those who aren't comic book geeks: in the comics, Ra's is effectively immortal, since he has resurrection chambers called Lazarus Pits.)
Lazarus Pits weren't in Begins. The whole immortality thing kinda clashes with Nolan's grounded, fairly realistic take on the Batman universe.

On a side note, I like this idea and I trust Nolan to be smart about it.

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
They should give Jim Henson's Creature Shop a call. Animatronic Joker/Ledger?

Oct 14, 2010
I think Nolan knows what he's doing, and he's already showing consideration to the family. Personally, I think it'd be a great way to show that while Ledger's gone, he and his portrayal won't just be abandoned.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
RobCoxxy said:
Greg Tito said:
As little as ten years ago, I could totally tell that Oliver Reed's character in Gladiator was faked in the one scene that needed to be filmed after the actor had passed away.
We mortals are but Shadows and Dust, Titomus. Shadows and Dust.
I didn't know that about Oliver Reed. What scene was he digitally put into?

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
Also, let's hope The Dark Knight Rises doesn't wind up on this list:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18659_6-insane-attempts-to-make-movies-starring-dead-movie-stars.html

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
As long as it's done well and has the consent of his family, I'm all for it.

Especially if Harley Quinn is making a appearance as a baddie, I want her in the film more than catwoman!

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
He should pull an Ed Wood and just home movies of Heath and transfer them to the film. It certainly would provide controversy and would make it quite a bit more interesting.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Reading this and knowing what can be done with a high amount of CGI, the commitment Nolan has to this movies& the closure it will give to the character make me 100% on board with this.

-M

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Jamboxdotcom said:
Ra's wasn't in it, but the Scarecrow made a brief scene selling tainted drugs to Russians.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
It would definately work for continuity purposes. Wouldn't want to get a new actor because that'd piss off all the 'OMG Heath waz tee bestes joker, nobodie should play the joker every again!!11" kids.
But damn, he was a brilliant Joker. Now, if we could find a brilliant actor who just happened to have Mark Hamil's voice...
The guy from the joker blogs does a great job........:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJtIPi0Nb60

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
I think they managed to do it well enough with The Crow with what they had then, so I'm sure it's possible now. The last Terminator did similar with one of it's characters, and it was pretty convincing. Whom knows? I just hope this next one's at least as good as the last one... with some better pacing.

.[B@lL15T1C].

Apr 15, 2009
Jamboxdotcom said:

We did see scarecrow though

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I think that would be pretty cool, honestly.

I'd like there to be some sort of closure with the Joker rather than not mentioning him at all out of respect, but still, it's good that they at least consider that Joker needs some form of ending.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
Love the idea but I'm worried about the execution. We'll just have to wait and see I guess!

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Icehearted said:
The last Terminator did similar with one of it's characters, and it was pretty convincing.
That was the exact example I was thinking of. The CGI makeover was so dead-on perfect I was convinced at first that somehow there was a cameo that the whole world hadn't bothered to tell me about.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
duchaked said:
sure it would be incorporated well...

I mean if it's a brief glimpse through narrow cell windows at Arkham Asylum why not
That's what I had in mind; a brief shot of him in a straight jacket in his cell when someone mentions him near the begining of the film to establish continuity.