Heath Ledger Might Appear in Next Batman Movie

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
I actually don't want it to be too brief though... it wouldn't be cool to just throw a short passing footage of him. It would either feel like they didn't care or that they just putting it in there just to show that they can make a dead person live.

I think they could do a few minutes of him, as long as there wasn't any obvious close-ups of his face or something else unnatural. And if they are doing it for continuity, they must be having him talk, or else why not just have the other characters 'say' he's alive or whatever.

I'm interested to see how they do this...

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
I think watching him laugh maniacally one last time as he is wheeled into the depths of Arkham Asylum would be a fitting and doable send-off.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
I heard from a friend (who apparently knew someone on the set) that there was a lot of extra Joker footage that was shot, but was never incorporated into the film. Supposedly, it was enough to build a whole 'nother film around, but obviously Ledger's death would probably keep that from working properly (scene-to-scene continuity, edits, rewrites). However, if that's true, then there might be enough for at least a scene of his incarceration, with a little CGI to patch up anything that doesn't quite work. I'd love to see that, if only to help tie things up a bit.

/rumor

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
If anyone can do it, it's Nolan. My mother always said that in the future movies will be possible without real actors and how people will be able to make new movies with Marilyn Monroe and other dead celebrities. I hope she was wrong though and that this is one time only deal.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Jamboxdotcom said:
i don't see the point of having Joker in the next movie at all. i loved Ledger as Joker, and don't think anyone could top his role, but why have him in the next movie? to cheesily boost your draw? Nolan's too good a director to go that route, imo. i don't recall seeing Ra's al'Ghul in Dark Knight Returns.
Because he died. They brought back Scarecrow in Dark Knight

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
I actually expected them to do something like this ever since I heard Ledger died. Surprised it took so long for THEM to come to this decision

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
Witty Name Here said:
I think they could actually use this as a way to get Harley Quinn into the sequel. There could be one scene where Jurors finally decided to gain a little sense and execute the joker after another escape and attempted terrorism. Using a few clever shots with footage of Heath Ledger mixed in with a double when you're not showing the joker's face. We can see the execution of the joker, and his therapist (Good old Harley) is there watching... After a few more scenes we see her going insane over the loss of her "love" and taking on the mantle of Harley Quinn and swearing vengeance on batman...

If Harley Quinn is in the next batman movie it would be a great way to have a little bit of the joker while still giving us a fresh villain... Just please choose an intelligent woman to play her, and don't over sexualize the character, Harley Quinn was flirty, but never really went beyond that (What I am basically saying is... PLEASE KEEP MEGAN FOX AS FAR FROM THE ROLE AS POSSIBLE)
This man knows cinematography. :)

However, bringing 'Heath' back to life, just to kill him again might upset the family...

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Well, so long as they don't pull a Plan 9 from outer space Bela Lugosi thing, then I'm down for this.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
sheic99 said:
Jamboxdotcom said:
i don't see the point of having Joker in the next movie at all. i loved Ledger as Joker, and don't think anyone could top his role, but why have him in the next movie? to cheesily boost your draw? Nolan's too good a director to go that route, imo. i don't recall seeing Ra's al'Ghul in Dark Knight Returns.
Ra's wasn't in it, but the Scarecrow made a brief scene selling tainted drugs to Russians.
If it is like that, I don't see any issues.

Although, Leger's family might object since it further compounds that Heath's only remembered proformance was of raging physcopath.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
XT inc said:
The Joker is a far to integral part of the series. It's like it is Batman vs the joker and everyone else is an add on. If they want to continue having him in the series they will just have to find a new actor who can capture the dark joker.

You can't just glimpse cgi him in if you want him in there. It would be like if alfred died you can't just cgi a major component of the story. Get a new actor and move on.
Give this guy a cookie, he knows Batman.

Also, the Joker become completely insane after entering Arkham and even changed body types (somehow grew a foot and became rail thin). Also, if there is another Joker, we can have a competent Bane story (come on Broken Bat).

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
sheic99 said:
Jamboxdotcom said:
Ra's wasn't in it, but the Scarecrow made a brief scene selling tainted drugs to Russians.
If it is like that, I don't see any issues.

Although, Leger's family might object since it further compounds that Heath's only remembered proformance was of raging physcopath.
And a gay cowboy, you can't forget the gay cowboy.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
HankMan said:
I can't really see reusing footage making any sense unless it's some sort of flash-back sequence. Not that I'd mind if they did.
I don't know......

I mean it works doesn't it? I was kind of wondering if they would address it in the next movie.

Plus, you know it's so you see that they have continuity!
Continuity *boom*

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
As long as it's done well, I fully support this idea. Any chance to see Ledger's Joker again is a good idea.