Heavy Rain Nude Shower Scene Also Leaked

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Heavy Rain Nude Shower Scene Also Leaked

A French website leaked over 6 minutes of what appears to be actual gameplay footage from Heavy Rain [http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Rain-Playstation-3/dp/B002CZ38KA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279054514&sr=1-1], including female Madison Paige taking a shower and peeing.

Several warnings must preface this post. Aside from the obvious spoiler warning, you should also know that the video discussed contains actual female nudity and is therefore not safe for work. Also, if you are uncomfortable with the sounds and images of a woman peeing, being attacked by masked men while wearing only underwear or, perhaps worst of all speaking French, then you should not Mike Kebby of the PlayStation EU Blog [http://www.jeuxvideo.com/extraits-videos-jeux/0000/00004460/heavy-rain-une-douche-et-au-lit-hd.htm]. It's possible that this is footage from the demo.

The footage hosted at opening sequence [http://www.jeuxvideo.com/extraits-videos-jeux/0000/00004460/heavy-rain-une-douche-et-au-lit-hd.htm]. It looks like the player controls Madison's actions and can move about her apartment at will. Pressing up or down while standing near locations seems to play the corresponding animation. Pressing up or down by the clothes hanging on a chair will make Madison put on or take off said clothes, for example. Later, when there is a fight happening, it seems like pressing the correct floating buttons, like "X," will help Madison shake off her attackers.

All in all, the video does evoke suspense and atmosphere like a good movie should. The fight feels tense and, beyond being um, titillated, by the visuals, I'm impressed at how well the action is portrayed in this cinematic game. Designer David Cage [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96957-Heavy-Rain-Is-Not-a-Game] may, in fact, be on to something. I can't speak to how the rest of the game will play, but I am very much intrigued by this snippet.

Also, boobies. That is all.

Source: Jeuxvideo [http://www.jeuxvideo.com/extraits-videos-jeux/0000/00004460/heavy-rain-une-douche-et-au-lit-hd.htm]

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
I wish I had a PS3.....

This game looks really good

EDIT: Also I wonder what would happen if you just didn't put your clothes back on

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Is it just me, or do the faces seem vastly different from the video with the clown? They seem far more, well, real.

Aug 25, 2009
Toasty Virus said:
I wish I had a PS3.....

This game looks really good

EDIT: Also I wonder what would happen if you just didn't put your clothes back on
Nude female wrestling match perhaps. Also I couldn't help notice she didn't wash her hands after using the bathroom.

Earthbound Engineer

Jun 9, 2008
theSovietConnection said:
By the way, I'm not one to judge, but over 1000 posts is quite a lot considering you've only been here for 18 days. That's about 61 posts a day.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being banned from Australia, and I'm sure the American ESRB won't like it much either.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Well. Looks like the Uncanny Valley comes equipped with a toilet. Congratulations?

I'm getting sick of hearing about this myself.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
punkhead58 said:
theSovietConnection said:
By the way, I'm not one to judge, but over 1000 posts is quite a lot considering you've only been here for 18 days. That's about 61 posts a day.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being banned from Australia, and I'm sure the American ESRB won't like it much either.
Look again. He joined January 2009. It's 2010 now. He's been here a year...

Anyway, very nice trailer. Looking very good. And the gameplay isn't half bad either ;)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Congratulations, Mr Cage. You've included urination into a video game - something absolutely nobody wants to see or hear while playing. Screw good graphics, Heavy Rain is turning into a laughing stock for me before it even hits shelves.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
That fight scene was very nicely done - it kept developing, seemed dynamic as to what would happen if you failed some of the commands, and the animations (being pre-done and presumably purpose made) made it look pretty damn natural.

My grip would be with the walking animation - it's so dead compared to the life of the various action animations, and the shift between the two really stands out for me.

Then again, I don't have a PS3, so what do I care ;)

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
well, I have a feeling the PS3 will get sold to a lot more 13-16 year olds now. but the game looks like a psychological thriller(insert thriller dance here) now, which is better than what I was thinking(cutscenes where you press a button every now and again). the video was going slow for me, probably my computer being in America and the video coming all the way from France.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
punkhead58 said:
I think it already has its M-rating in the USA, doesn't it? As far as I'm concerened, the Australians don't have any problems with nudity, or do they?

I'm not going to watch the video, though :( I don't want the slightest bit of spoiling in this one.

Visulth

Jun 25, 2009
Am I the only one who went:

"EEeeyaargghhh! Uncanny Valley!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mori_Uncanny_Valley.svg

Just like in the graph. I'd probably prefer if she was less life-like simply because she's not life-like enough that I recognize her as fully human.

Tzekelkan

Dec 27, 2009
Looks very compelling.

In all seriousness though, I liked the gameplay. It looks well done, both the combat and what came before. I hope she doesn't just talk English with a French accent when the game comes out though. Also, couldn't they have given the assassins some different features? At first I thought there was only one, but he had mastered teleportation.