Here Is Your First Fallout 4 Trailer

killerbee256

Aug 14, 2014
King_Julian said:
Lil_Rimmy said:
I dont want vehicles put into the game i think adds to the feel of the game having to walk for miles in the dangerous wasteland for miles to get from place to place. I rarely use the fast travel system in these because of this reason. I think this time around i might even try hardcore mode. "COS IM A REBEL"
It's not that bad, there was a good car mod for new vegas, which allowed me to have cars in fallout 3 via another mod. Any way your not invincible in anyway, I can't tell you how many times raiders shot up the car killing me!

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
lacktheknack said:
I feel like I'm being trolled. I'm told the new Tomb Raider trailer looks like crap, and THIS is somehow the second coming of Jesus?

It's aesthetically/thematically the exact same as the last game. I had enough Fallout 3 when I finished Fallout 3!
The exact same?

VS

Can't help but disagree. There's a very sizable gulf in quality, and the apparent allowance of the full range of color rather than massive amounts of desaturation and color correction from New Vegas and 3 means they look very much different.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Graphics are ok (Skyrim level is ok)
BUT
animations, Animations and ANIMATIONS DAMMIT!!!
Better geometry and colision detection, no invisible walls or fake surfaces (even in places where noone ever could get- there were numerous times when I wore jetpack in FO3, tried to get to vantage point on roof and found out that there is no solid roof :mad: )
And animations.
Also taking few notes from SkyUI would be great.
Also, did I mentioned animations?

P.S. Voiced character is interesting thing to experiment with (even if that would make modding even more restrictive)
P.P.S. And last but not least- animations.

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
blackrave said:
BUT
Better geometry and colision detection, no invisible walls or fake surfaces (even in places where noone ever could get- there were numerous times when I wore jetpack in FO3, tried to get to vantage point on roof and found out that there is no solid roof :mad: )
And animations.

P.S. Voiced character is interesting thing to experiment with (even if that would make modding even more restrictive)
I'm in heavy agreement that the weakest part of Bethesda games currently is their animation system. They make small iterative changes with each game, but really they need a massive jump to even catch up to the current standard. The smoothness of the dog's animations provides a little hope, but we'll have to see if that's applied to all characters, or just the dog.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Areloch said:
blackrave said:
BUT
And animations.

I'm in heavy agreement that the weakest part of Bethesda games currently is their animation system. They make small iterative changes with each game, but really they need a massive jump to even catch up to the current standard. The smoothness of the dog's animations provides a little hope, but we'll have to see if that's applied to all characters, or just the dog.
Is there a point of hoping that finally we'll be able to climb ladders?

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
Being able to climb ladders sounds just as far fetched as having proper cloth physics on clothing, no more glued on dresses and trench-coats would be nice.

icecycle66

Jun 3, 2015
To heck with an interesting story, well developed characters, and some sort of security against sudden program crashes; I want better jump animations. I mean, come on, I jump my way everywhere anyway. In 200 hours of game play 190 hours are me jumping from place to place.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
King_Julian said:
Lil_Rimmy said:
I dont want vehicles put into the game i think adds to the feel of the game having to walk for miles in the dangerous wasteland for miles to get from place to place. I rarely use the fast travel system in these because of this reason. I think this time around i might even try hardcore mode. "COS IM A REBEL"
Man, I agree with you, but I love the idea of being a very literal wanderer, with your home being a truck or something. I wouldn't really want it to be a battle truck, at least not until later, so you could still have dangerous encounters in the thing. Imagine trying to outrun deathclaws as they tear the shit out of your car.

But still, I get you, walking and all that is cool. So just don't use the car XD

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
My main interest here is morbid curiosity.
It only seems fitting for me to observe Fallout 4 given that Fallout 3 was the game that pissed me off so much that I basically renounced AAA gaming hype in its entirety. Cynical smugness is a common perspective today, I know, but that wasn't the case for most of gaming in 2008.

I'm curious to see what, if anything, Bethesda has learned since producing the game that gave me 50+ crashes to desktop in a single playthrough. What they've learned since shitting out literally the dumbest, most plothole ridden story in a major game production since...honestly ever.

Will they deliver on promises of something grander than before, or will they once again resort to making things APPEAR grander and only show the good parts in their trailers and demos?

I look forward to Fallout 4 as a marvelous litmus test for next-gen gaming; to see how much Bethesda and the average gamer has raised/lowered their standards in the past 7 years.

ASIDE: I will give Bethesda props for not running what little they showed through another awful color filter. "Tequila vision" made Fallout 3 bleak, yes, but in the same cheap, artificial way that infomercials and pharmo-ads juxtapose BAD/GOOD with "Greyscale/Color".

gmaverick019 said:
the only thing I'm extremely cautious about with this is...paid mods, the wording they used when they got rid of them made it HIGHLY probable it was going to make a comeback with a new release game, and what game is good as ever as fallout 4 to force choke people into paid mods. So I'll probably be waiting until after release unless they announce beforehand they won't be doing paid mods with F4
Oh but didn't you hear?
Without pay, modders are subjected to literal SLAVERY because work without pay is always slavery (NO, don't think about it, LISTEN AND BELIEVE) and you wouldn't want to be pro-slavery, would you?
Some pretentious git on the internet told me so, so it must be true!

Willy Rogers

Aug 20, 2014
Asclepion said:
By the way, Crysis was released in 2007.
That's nice? I suppose you mean something about graphics? Here's the thing, how expensive was Crysis to make? Take also into account that alot of computers couldn't run it at max settings when it was released, even some really high end stuff (within most people's budget anyways).

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
I'm agreeing with the people saying that the graphics are below standard. I don't care about Fallout, but I think it's fair to expect more from Bethesda.

Sep 14, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
gmaverick019 said:
the only thing I'm extremely cautious about with this is...paid mods, the wording they used when they got rid of them made it HIGHLY probable it was going to make a comeback with a new release game, and what game is good as ever as fallout 4 to force choke people into paid mods. So I'll probably be waiting until after release unless they announce beforehand they won't be doing paid mods with F4
Oh but didn't you hear?
Without pay, modders are subjected to literal SLAVERY because work without pay is always slavery (NO, don't think about it, LISTEN AND BELIEVE) and you wouldn't want to be pro-slavery, would you?
Some pretentious git on the internet told me so, so it must be true!
eh I got into the discussion pretty heavily when steam tried to implement this, so I won't start it again since there are a few users on here who were on the complete opposite side of my position, but I just don't want to support a game that implements it the way steam did a while back, which is why I hope they'll be coaxed into answering that question before fallout 4 is released, otherwise I'll just avoid it for a while until it's on a cheap sale.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Areloch said:
blackrave said:
BUT
And animations.

The dog was good, but that dude walking at the end was very stiff.

OT: This trailer brought back some really good memories from when I played Fallout 3 last, really makes me want to try New Vegas out

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Areloch said:
lacktheknack said:
I feel like I'm being trolled. I'm told the new Tomb Raider trailer looks like crap, and THIS is somehow the second coming of Jesus?

It's aesthetically/thematically the exact same as the last game. I had enough Fallout 3 when I finished Fallout 3!
The exact same?

image snips

Can't help but disagree. There's a very sizable gulf in quality, and the apparent allowance of the full range of color rather than massive amounts of desaturation and color correction from New Vegas and 3 means they look very much different.
I'll give you color, but other than color, they DO look the same. They're going for the same atmosphere using the same method to the same effect. And seeing how I modded Fallout 3 to be less green, I really don't see a difference between what I played and what's being advertised.

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
lacktheknack said:
Areloch said:
lacktheknack said:

The exact same?

image snips

I'll give you color, but other than color, they DO look the same. They're going for the same atmosphere using the same method to the same effect. And seeing how I modded Fallout 3 to be less green, I really don't see a difference between what I played and what's being advertised.
Well, if we're going to say mods are a valid point, then why would it be hard to believe that a modded version of this wouldn't look superior to a modded fallout 3. 4's engine clearly can already handle better baseline textures than 3 came with, and mods will inevitably push those even further comparatively.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
eh I got into the discussion pretty heavily when steam tried to implement this, so I won't start it again since there are a few users on here who were on the complete opposite side of my position,
Oh I know, mate. I know.
Sorry if it seems like I'm just shaking the tree here, but my last encounter left me LIVID at the pretense of it all. Which is as good a reason as any to let the issue lie here.

This hobby, this industry is a fucking madhouse.

...but I just don't want to support a game that implements it the way steam did a while back, which is why I hope they'll be coaxed into answering that question before fallout 4 is released, otherwise I'll just avoid it for a while until it's on a cheap sale.
Definitely with you there.
I absolutely won't support any game where the developer dictates what mods get made for their game and how (beyond the realms of reason; like cheating in competitive games).

Because I believe in maintaining an open space for expression that isn't dominated by the cynical quest for money and all the extra baggage that comes with it.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
More desolate arid American terrain. Looks like Fallout 3 re-textured.
I know the history of the Fallout games is obsessed with America but still. Couldn't we get one based in Alaska? Asia maybe? Europe?
I guess all these American monuments and such just don't appeal to me after several games of almost the same themes and scenery.
This one seems like it's going to focus on the Brotherhood of Steel as well, well ain't that dandy.

Guess it's easier than actually conceptualizing new content for an entirely different biome with different factions and mutated wildlife.
Plus the nostalgia brigade would have had a pink fit if it wasn't USA radiation television post-apocalypse just like all it's elder siblings.

At least I have the DLCs from 3 and New Vegas.

Buckets

May 1, 2014
Fallout 3 was and always will be amongst my favourite games (I started gaming in the 80s, so its amounts to a lengthy period of time). Loved the post-apocalyptic theme and the sheer creativity of the designers. I am so happy that there will be a fourth and it will certainly be on my to buy list.

A London/Paris one would be an interesting idea, maybe as a DLC or something.