Here Is Your First Fallout 4 Trailer

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
hentropy said:
The graphics could be better. I know it'll get modded, but I'm just saying. I hope the limitations of the consoles didn't hold them back too much already...
I don't think it's limitations of the consoles, but limitations of their employees/design process.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
If they turned the USS Constitution into a settlement, I'm going to punch every Bethesda employee in the dick.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Willy Rogers said:
soren7550 said:
Guys, guys, guys! I just had a thought! If the player character is voiced, that means there will be fully voiced player characters with very low Intelligence! (see #1 http://www.cracked.com/article_2053...ne-detail-into-stuff-you-didnt-notice_p2.html)
I dunno, they might not want to offend some smart guy who thinks low IQ people might be offended.
I think that they'd have the VOs (if they are even going that route) do the lines so silly and over the top in order to avoid most possible controversy.

animeprime said:
Guys wait, I know how they'll get around having the main character being silent! The main character is actually the dog from the trailer, not the wastelander in the jumpsuit. You're dialogue options will consist of barks, whines and howls. You'll start off as a regular German Shepard, but eventually upgrade to a cyberdog with bow-wowerd armor.
Gahahaha, I love it! That'd be a day one purchase for me!

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Willy Rogers said:
Ishal said:
A voiced main character... eh... eh...

I'd rather not, thank you. Didn't do much for me in Mass Effect. Waste of time, imo.

As for everything else. Even though I love New Vegas, and only liked FO3, and Bethesda isn't exactly perfect. They're still great games and fun worlds to explore. I'll probably like this. Wonder if it's still in the gamebryo engine. That might be a deal breaker for some.
If they do have a voiced character, I'm against it. I'll forgive 'em if they allow us to turn it off, or he actually says what the dialogue says unlike Shepard, the amount of times I facepalmed when I picked a dialogue option and that Space Canadian said something completely different has left a permanent imprint on my head. On the Gamebryo thing, it's most likely on the "unique" engine Bethesda made for Skyrim seeing as gamebryo went bankrupt or what have you, or maybe it's the Wolfenstein engine, a guy can dream.
Yeah, my big fear is if Bethesda implement the damned one word "conversation wheel" that Bioware have fallen in love with.

I'm actually playing through the Old Republic MMO at the moment, but the actual roleplaying is so hampered by the vague nonsense on the wheel that I just cannot keep a consistent character going for too long before I accidentally select an option that completely contradicts the personality I've been trying to give them.

Fallout 3 was great, and Skyrim was pretty good conversation wise (actually I would have liked a lot more conversation options in Skyrim, but it is still miles better than Biowares circle of randomness)

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Did anyone else notice that the crowd of people queuing at the gate, during one of the flashback clips, had no faces? Their heads were just....featureless blobs with hair.

No? Just me?

Okay then...

icecycle66 said:
I wonder if anyone decided to neaten up the place in whatever time frame this will be. Or is everybody still sitting on busted couches strewn about with empty bean cans and burnt out books.

Hopefully, as part of the pre-bomb flashbacks, we'll finally see that every broom factory in the world is what was actually targeted by the bombs.
That's something that's always baffled me with these kinds of post-apocalyptic stories.

So it's decades, even centuries, after the bombs fell, yet no one's bothered to pick up a broom or learn how to upholster?

Shenanigans.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
My only nitpick here (aside from being made by Bethesda) is that it might be too much of a rehash of fallout 3, aesthetically and thematically

Fallout NV was about moving forward, fallout 3 was kinda obsessed with the past
Ishal said:

I'd rather not, thank you. Didn't do much for me in Mass Effect. Waste of time, imo.

e.
I'm doubtful it might just be for the trailer , that's not Bethesdas style really, they make extra effort to give your avatar as little presence as possible

If that were the case however I'd be all for it
BloatedGuppy said:
Ishal said:
Ohhh are we actually getting a voiced main character?

That'd be an improvement.
I'd like it too but I think it's just the trailer at this stage

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
It does look quite dated, but eh. Bethesda games always looked pretty dated when put next to its contemporaries. They make up for having more interesting looking stuff and boatloads of content.

Pretty ugly dog though objectively speaking. And I think we are seeing a return of the awkward hair that looks like everybody scalped a manakim and wore it.

Not gonna stop me from donning a T-45d and punching a Deathclaw in the face with a glove made from the hand of s mother.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
I'm hyped as I was for Fallout 3, but it still irks me that EVERYONE is still the same basic build/weight/height! Seriously VARIETY for the love of God! Midgets, obese, super skinny, athletic, SOETHING.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Genocidicles said:
Playing as a Vault Dweller, again.
there is some implication in the trailer that the PC is from pre war and perhaps Vault111 was into long term stasis/cryogenics, I also notice there was the "welcome home" tagline in thee somewhere

just pure speculation but I think its a neat idea if its true

Anti-American Eagle said:
It's an image of what they'll use for Canon purposes in the same way that the PC from the fallout 3 trailers would be their Canon for that.
there's a difference between Canon and what they use as a default place holder
SmugFrog said:
GOD you people... Just goes to show there's no pleasing everyone!
its a forum...people have different opinions...go figure

I will say though that people are too quick to make judgments based on a pre rendered teaser trailer

as far as games go that's the most basic of basic info, its only there to give you a taste, at this point we really know very little (and that's not even getting into gameplay)

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Vault101 said:
there is some implication in the trailer that the PC is from pre war and perhaps Vault111 was into long term stasis/cryogenics, I also notice there was the "welcome home" tagline in thee somewhere

just pure speculation but I think its a neat idea if its true
Ugh that's somehow even worse. It just seems so... trite. Didn't Rage do that?

Janaschi

Scion of Delphi
Aug 21, 2012
animeprime said:
Its just a teaser trailer but I'm getting the impression that there will be more emphasis on you building up your own home base. Then after scrounging around for junk in the wasteland you'll get to come back and use it to fix up your house or craft things like power armor. The stripped down power armor and him saying "Lets go boy" didn't make it seem like he's a lone wanderer this time.

Quick question though, why don't people ever consider New Vegas Fallout 4? It was a full fallout game in my opinion.
Because in no sense is Fallout: New Vegas 'Fallout 4'. If you want to play semantics, then Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel was Fallout 4.

fluxy100

May 22, 2010
By default I am always looking forward to new fallout games but the fact that this is set on the east coast makes me cautious, I get a feeling they're gonna follow the setting from fallout 3 i.e. forget the other fallout games we're doing whatever we want with the story. Supermutants and the Enclave are probably still gonna be a threat even though they practically disappear from the earth after their stories were done in fallout 1 and 2, and the Brotherhood are probably still gonna be boring good guys.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I'm excited, but to be perfectly honest, after the Witcher 3's amazing open world, I'm not sure if Bethesda is going to be able to match them. It looks exactly like Fallout 3, just with the Skyrim engine and better textures.

Still, I'm sure I'll buy it and love it. Mods alone will probably make it worth it.

Jak2364

Feb 9, 2010
It's so weird how it looks good yet dated at the same time. Ah well, can't wait for the gameplay reveal!

I hope they make a tradition of letting Obsidian make a Fallout title after they make one though, I liked New Vegas' story more so I'd love to see more of the West.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
The very first thing that came to mind, and which still dominates my thoughts, was "Yeah, that's nice, what about my Elder Scrolls 6?"

Ftaghn To You Too said:
Why are they calling it Fallout 4, when there was no Fallout 3? It went Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, and New Vegas.
Lol, Fallout 3 was the only one that was any good. Even New Vegas lost me to boredom less than a third of the way through.