Heroes you yelled "YOU IDIOT!" at.

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
Matthew94 said:
I wouldn't call him a hero but Walt from Breaking Bad, there have been many times I think he is just a moronic asshole.
Yea, he's becoming a power hungry asshat now.

The only tolerable characters in the story are Huel and Jesse. *****.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
Reiterpallasch said:
Major_Tom said:
Reiterpallasch said:
Major_Tom said:
When the villain is holding a hostage with a gun pointed to his head and tells the hero to drop his gun. And the hero doesn't SHOOT HIM IN THE FUCKING HEAD! Bonus dumb points when the villain is holding only a knife.
Because chances are you'd end up shooting the hostage instead (hostage/villain shifts, unsteady hand, natural bullet spread, etc.). Even if your shot hits the mark, it may not drop him immediately, giving him time to kill the hostage. And finally, even if both you shoot him and he dies, the villain's body will likely jerk and pull the trigger/yank the knife, ending in a dead hostage.

The best chance in such an instance for the hostage's survival is to talk the bad guy down or put him in a position where he couldn't immediately execute the hostage.
No, the best chance is to shoot him, if you put your gun down he will shoot you (the only thing stopping him is the bad script).
There's a reason you don't see cops shooting bad guys off of hostages.
I was talking about one on one situation. When bunch of cops are involved they can lower their weapons (he's not going to try to shoot them all) and then the sniper shoots him. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9146695629367704512

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Robert632 said:
Vault101 said:
hmm

a certain scene in Mass Effect 3 I said "what the fuck are you doing shepard!?" literally..out loud
Hm...Which scene was that, if I may ask?
it involved Traynor (the dark skinned british chick)

ok so traynor wants to come up to your cabin to hang out...which is cool

as you show her around the shower is brought up...you have 2 dialouge options

1.offer her to use the shower (oooooohh-kay I can see where thats going to go)
2. the choice was "is that it?" which implys a very direct aproach to...most likly the same thing

so what the heck am I supsoed to do?....I have to take the shower options....so shes there in the shower very unsubtly hinting you know what...and shepard is just like sitting there, and has the option o join her or not

and its like well if shepard didnt join her in the shower then it seems like she's incredibly niave...like hey! use the shower!...nothing odd there at all

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
Not the main protagonist, but a "hero" nonetheless, Kisala from Rogue Galaxy. She repeats any crucial information regarding the story usually... right after that info was said by someone less mind-numbingly spaced out. She also happens to be "the girl" so no one catches her on it. GAH.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Commander Shepard from the Mass Effect series; Despite being armed with a kick ass sniper rifle, she is seen using the most basic handgun or assault rifle to shoot the enemy.

Demongeneral109

Jan 23, 2010
Sorryflip said:
game-lover said:
Demongeneral109 said:
Im honestly surprised that Emiya Shirou hasn't been brought up, and no, im not talking about his suicidal tendencies, that is fully explainable...

What im refering to is A) his furious denial that Shinji isn't a complete monster and is obviously behind a certain bounded field(trying to avoid too many spoilers) and
B) his meetings with Illya in the park during the fate route, i mean SHE's BESERKER'S MASTER AND TRIED TO KILL YOU, WHY ARE YOU MEETING HER BY YOURSELF YOU MORON??? he totally deserved to get his dopey ass kidnapped...

So.. whenever the plot railroads me into meeting someone in the fate route, I keep waiting for the option to not go alone that never comes, dammit shirou~
I actually did think about him in my last response though I forgot his name. But also, I was referencing the anime version of himself. I've not seen those visual novels. Watched the whole anime before I knew they existed.
I noticed you did reference to him, it really frustrated me aswell. I mean really, is it so hard to use your brains? Or is your bloodstream focused on something else that you have to jump infront of the saber again and again and again just because she is a girl and girls cant protect themselves dont dare to imagine she'dd have to protect you? Get over yourself!
I mean I can understand why you wouldn't want anyone to put themselves on the line protecting you. But if you also have to be the person who puts him self on the line for others all the time and have to be the only person doing so, then you're just giving a whole new meaning to the word hypocrit.

Also heroes that are unintentionally written to suffer from borderline syndrome and can only see scenarios in black and white bother me like hell!

Anyways enough raging at fictional characters... : p
To be fair, like i said, i don't mind his chronic jumping in front of fatal attacks thing, he's distorted, so his saving people thing is a compulsion on the level of Lelouch's Geas, i'm more complaining about his trusting the worst possible people... who are clearly evil or his enemies... like i said in my post, he met Illya BY HIMSELF when she had already tried to kill him... like i said, he deserved to get his stupid ass kidnapped

Also on his fairly blatant sexism... he does get better about it when he realizes that saber, is, in fact, really goddamn badass, particularly in UBW... not that it stops him from trying his damndest to get killed jumping in the way of attacks or anything~ :D

The funny thing about your last comment is, that the seeing issues in black and white is a critical theme in the UBW route... how he deals with the inherent contradiction of his beliefs is.. interesting~

Demongeneral109

Jan 23, 2010
game-lover said:
Demongeneral109 said:
Im honestly surprised that Emiya Shirou hasn't been brought up, and no, im not talking about his suicidal tendencies, that is fully explainable...

What im refering to is A) his furious denial that Shinji isn't a complete monster and is obviously behind a certain bounded field(trying to avoid too many spoilers) and
B) his meetings with Illya in the park during the fate route, i mean SHE's BESERKER'S MASTER AND TRIED TO KILL YOU, WHY ARE YOU MEETING HER BY YOURSELF YOU MORON??? he totally deserved to get his dopey ass kidnapped...

So.. whenever the plot railroads me into meeting someone in the fate route, I keep waiting for the option to not go alone that never comes, dammit shirou~
I actually did think about him in my last response though I forgot his name. But also, I was referencing the anime version of himself. I've not seen those visual novels. Watched the whole anime before I knew they existed.
Your missing out on so much if you haven't played the VN yet~ Honestly, some of the best characters and story I have ever seen, Its kinda fun to find out different aspects of the characters as the circumstances change in the routes... but it is a major time sink~ so worth it though

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Keoul said:
Dora the explorer
Freaking hell swiper is right behind you!
This. Shes so damn stupid.

Also, the main guy from Shadow Hearts. Was told that a nearby town was evil, goes to said town and goes in to rest, while resting, hes attacked and is suprised when everything turns bad.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
iLazy said:
Game of thrones stuff
Spoilers dude. Some people are still getting their way through that.

OT:
Batman doing anything. He's got mental problems, and it shows because he will never ever kill joker ever because it's the bad thing to do.
I wonder how many people he's inadvertently killed? It's not like he holds any punches when he fights, I'm sure he has killed people before.

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
RaikuFA said:
Keoul said:
Dora the explorer
Freaking hell swiper is right behind you!
This. Shes so damn stupid.

Also, the main guy from Shadow Hearts. Was told that a nearby town was evil, goes to said town and goes in to rest, while resting, hes attacked and is suprised when everything turns bad.
Is this the 1st area in the game after the opening because i more got the impression that he knew but was having fun and wanted a fight but acted kind of innocent about it to keep alice from going into a complete panic.

OT: The enitre main party from White Knight Chronicles

Scene

Everyone: We saved the princess let's celebrate.
Me: Uhh guys we killed a minion the bad guys are still around lets take the princess and go.
Everyone: Woohoo we is THAR GRATEST
Evil Guy: *Grabs princess* Ha! got her, so long heroes.
Me: *Develops eye twitch*

This then happens twice more and my eye twitch has developed to a full body spasm along with much yelling and profanity and contemplating switching sides.

Also any comic book hero that refuses to kill irredeemably evil people, batman, various x-men especially the idiot woman from origins. Perhaps Superman for not killing Lex Luthor but there may be a lot of problems with that since Lex seems to have an amazing PR department.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
SkellgrimOrDave said:
Hello escapees, I'm here to vent about various characters in film we're supposed to side with and ultimately end up hating, it can be one thing, it can be the entire way they do things, or it can just be them.

First, it's the dumb love interest from X-men Origins:Wolverine. (I know, shitty film), for the one last thing she does. She has the bad guy, someone who has shown himself to be willing to kill, hire others to kill, control others with various means to kill, to turn a cheery man into an expriment that required the kidnapping of children and adults, and the forced extraction of their powers, and then ruining someone's life forver. She has this bastard under her control, gets him to stick his gun to his throat...... and makes him walk off.

What
The
Fuck.

Apparantly this would make her "just as bad as him."

No.
No it wouldn't.

You would be killing him, a man who is responsible for the deaths of many, the trauma of more, is going to cause many more problems and deaths for everyone years later, is a borderline genocidal maniac for whom the end justifies the means,and the end is pretty fucking bleak, and you think making him blowing his brains out will make you just as bad as him?

Clearly her brain was damaged.

No, no, she basically tortures him in a really, pretty brutal way. She tells him to walk off until his feet bleed, then keep walking. Bear in mind, they were on an island. It was pure chance that Stryker didn't die and ended up snapping out of it, or whatever happened.
Oh, and murder, regardless of who you're murdering, makes you the bad guy, especially if it's done for revenge.

OT: The first ever Nightwing comic I read had a character in it called Tarantula. Tarantula was Nightwing's sidekick-in-training, and she was also a total psycho, not that the comics addressed that. After her and Nightwing fight and defeat Copperhead, Nightwing is basically immobilised on the floor, and Tarantula, being insane, decides it would be best for their budding friendship if she raped [http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/115300/2253102-Nightwing_Raped.jpg] him. She also decides to manipulate him into legally marrying her. Long story.
But yeah, my answer is everything DC ever wrote that had this version of Tarantula in it.

GeneralTwinkle said:
iLazy said:
Game of thrones stuff
Spoilers dude. Some people are still getting their way through that.

OT:
Batman doing anything. He's got mental problems, and it shows because he will never ever kill joker ever because it's the bad thing to do.
I wonder how many people he's inadvertently killed? It's not like he holds any punches when he fights, I'm sure he has killed people before.
He has killed lots of people. On purpose. Sometimes with guns. Frankly, if you look at what Batman says and what Batman has done over the years, you can see he is a massive hypocrite. And yeah, Brucey probably does have some mental problems.

EDIT: I forgot to mention a really obvious one;

The entire way through. What the living, flying shit is wrong with Samus in this game? Seriously.

Alex Mac

Jul 5, 2011
?To life, we owe our compassion and our duty.?

-Luke Skywalker, 2002.

?Compassion is for those who deserve it.?

-Luke Skywalker, 2012.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Matthew94 said:
I wouldn't call him a hero but Walt from Breaking Bad, there have been many times I think he is just a moronic asshole.
Example doesn't work, the show is a catalog of human failure to begin with.
Similarly, I could say Kick-Ass (from Kick-Ass), except that we aren't SUPPOSED to like the stupid little asshole. Or anyone in the comic.

I... actually can't think of any at the moment... The only examples I can think of would be things I personally would do different, but that the character could never do.

when i think of something i will add

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
DementedSheep said:
Most heroes seem to do at least one really retarded thing
From recent memory: Ezio sparring Rodrigo Borgia in Assassins Creed 2. I figured he wouldn?t die since Rodrigo Borgia was a real person and didn't die in that year but I had hoped he would escape or something not have Ezio all of a sudden start having issues with killing his enemies. ?killing you won?t bring my family back.? really Ezio? Really? It?s not even about your family anymore. You should be killing him because he is a templar and a threat.
Ezio doesn't think he IS a threat anymore... And he's right. If Cesare hadn't been batshit insane, Ezio would have had a nice retirement in the country as a wealthy noble. Rodrigo never cared about templar ideals (and cesare less so) but rather was using them to amass wealth and power. Since he is now the most powerful man in europe, and has learned the alien magitech secret is entirely lost to him, he wasn't gonna make any more trouble. Furthermore, Ezio chooses not to kill him not because revenge is wrong, but because he thinks he has more important things to do. He chooses noble and lofty goals over revenge, and then is bitterly disappointed when he learns his quest for vengeance is utterly insignificant and that his struggles are not important, as long as he fills his role of messenger boy.
To sum up, Ezio spares Pope Alexander VI because of his pride. He is saying "I don't need to kill you, because I've beaten you, and there are much cooler things for me to take part in". It's the ultimate act of Ezio's biggest flaw, and when he is punished for it, it makes the ending to Screed 2 all the better for those of us who hate that arrogant little prick.

Captcha is taco tuesday

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
erttheking said:
Gonna have to go with Batman. I do respect him and really like the character as well as the movies that he's in but...for fuck's sake KILL THE JOKER! Are you really willing to let him kill hundreds and hundreds of people just so you can keep your little moral code? Would the Joker's five seconds of satisfaction really be that bad? And being forces to kill that guy isn't going to turn you into that physcopathic Primarch with the vigilant phase from 40k.
Yes. I can't remember what comic it is, but it spells out exactly why batman won't kill. He knows he should kill the joker, or at the very least, let Robin (if i remember correctly, its the comic where robin comes back as the red hood) kill him, but wont PURELY because he doesn't want to give up his sense of moral superiority. It's an excellent illustration of how batman is just as flawed as the criminals he faces.

you know, in case the suit and vigilantism didn't do it for ya

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
charge52 said:
Frodo. He should not have been the ring bearer.
No. Sam should have been. "Holy shit! I could use this ring to whip ALL the asses!" *beat* "Wait, wtf? How would that help me grow potatoes? Dude, I'm so gonna throw this stupid ring in a fire"
He's like Tom Bombadil (ring-a-dong dillo) but without needing some damn ritalin to focus.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
4thhokage528 said:
DEFINETLY CAPTAIN america in the avengers film he kept trying to piss of iron man and was a nagging retard when id had enough of his bull i lterally shouted shut up you douche!
He just b
Ashadow700 said:
It seems no one has picked him yet, so I will just say one name.

Eragon.

I don't think I need to elaborate on this one.
Sweet monkey jesus, how did I forget that asshole?

Eragon was a great way to show that you shouldn't listen to your teenage self. That ending made no god damn sense and clearly only existed to line up with what he wrote as a younger, stupider person. Then again, I shouldn't have been expecting much, considering I called every major plot development in the series from reading the first book (I knew the dragons would still be alive in some way, I didn't specifically call ghost rocks) and then he introduced literal Magic Nukes.

Also, Kratos in GoW2
Aww, the other gods are mean to you? MAN UP, YOU WHINY DOUCHE

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
SkellgrimOrDave said:
Hello escapees, I'm here to vent about various characters in film we're supposed to side with and ultimately end up hating, it can be one thing, it can be the entire way they do things, or it can just be them.

First, it's the dumb love interest from X-men Origins:Wolverine. (I know, shitty film), for the one last thing she does. She has the bad guy, someone who has shown himself to be willing to kill, hire others to kill, control others with various means to kill, to turn a cheery man into an expriment that required the kidnapping of children and adults, and the forced extraction of their powers, and then ruining someone's life forver. She has this bastard under her control, gets him to stick his gun to his throat...... and makes him walk off.

What
The
Fuck.

No.
No it wouldn't.

You would be killing him, a man who is responsible for the deaths of many, the trauma of more, is going to cause many more problems and deaths for everyone years later, is a borderline genocidal maniac for whom the end justifies the means,and the end is pretty fucking bleak, and you think making him blowing his brains out will make you just as bad as him?

Alot of the time I find heroes demand on only killing people in self defense. I have had so many just shoot him now kill him now just shoot him now he will break out if you catch him and then you will be responsible for everything he can and will do. Just put the gun to his head and execute him.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Mangod said:
SkellgrimOrDave said:

What
The
Fuck.

No.
No it wouldn't.

This is my feelings about Batman and the Joker. The crazy clown guy must have killed more people than malaria at this point; why haven't you powerbombed him off of a skyscraper into the concrete below yet? Yes, I get that you have this "thou shalt not kill"-schtick going, but how many more people is Mr. J gonna have to kill before someone, anyone, takes the final step and sticks him in the electric chair?
Well, to be fair... Batman does his part, whereas the Gotham City justice system is way too stupid to realize a few things:
1. Locking super-criminals up together in the same shoddy run-down asylum is most likely a BAD IDEA.
2. Execution of said super-criminals should be standard procedure, since its been pretty well proven that they're too broken to return to society.
3. Or... Exile to another dimension since there seems to be that technology there (while it was a shit movie, the Jet Li movie "The One" had this down pat.

Any of those 3 things would work but Gotham City is just too stupid. And Batman is only doing their jobs for them and still considered a criminal. But he won't cross the line and do what they do, no matter what happens. People say things like "Oh I'd kill him in a heartbeat" but honestly get another human being (even a serial killer is still human) helpless before you with their life in your hands and then tell me whether you can do it. Til then its hypothetical, killing people is never easy.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Macgyvercas said:
Would it count to yell at Lawrence and call him a fucking moron when in Season 2
Holo learns that her homeland was destroyed and asked Lawrence to make love to her
?

Because he REALLY was a fucking MORON there!
To be fair if some girl all of a sudden went into hysterics demanding you knock her up so she can have another person like her so she isn't lonely its hard to respond. You could sleep with her but in her state of mind I am not sure she would appreciate it later. Still after instead of just talking to her he goes and designs a complex market crashing scheme... I just kept thinking if she really wants to go with him who are you to keep her? She can go with whoever she wants once her debt has been paid. If she wanted to go with him and you prevented that she will resent you.