Hitman Studio Apologizes For Nun Massacre

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
Blunderboy said:
I rest my case.

And the jury's in.
You just brought up a movie.
A movie in which plausibility does not exist.
Movies which will tell you all women want are assholes, 90% of people at colleges are drunk and stoned all the time.
I could go on forever. At the very farthest reaching, you would have to say the suits are tailor made to have Jason Statham running around like an English retard in them. Which means it's well over the budget of any suit known to man.

But uh, we're talking about plausibility of certain attire in combat situations. Congratulations, but a MOVIE does not count as evidence. I posted many facts about suits, you know what facts are right? Newsflash, tailoring is not made to allow a wide range of movement.
And your response is a scene from Transporter 3. What's next? Krank 2? Shoot'em Up?
Otherwise I could post the institutionalized speech from Shawshank Redemption as a counter point.
Nice try though, feel free to insert more quarters.
Firstly that 'I rest my case' comment was intended to be tongue in cheek.
I understand that this may not have been obvious, so my bad in that case.
Yes I brought up a film, you are talking about a game. Neither of these are 100% real, and allow for something called creative license.
This allows people to do things that whilst they may not be 100% practical, do look somewhat cooler. Most people like to play games to have fun and do cool things that they can't normally do. Then again, there might be a market out there for Sim Tailor.
Yes I know what facts are and frankly, the fact is that you're coming across as kind of a dick. Well I guess that's really more of an opinion.
Also it's spelt Crank.
Anywho we're getting slightly off topic and I'm going to call it quits before it gets any further. You feel free to chalk that up as a victory if you want. I really don't care that much.

Ogargd

Nov 7, 2010
I find it slightly disappointing that it was mentioned that people could think "Oh what if he was killing real nuns" - not to mention its the same as killing anyone else - if anyone were to ever get offended by that aspect I suggest their opinion is one not worth listening too.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Yet, if it were men wearing skimpy outfits and being beaten up by a woman in a suit, everyone would laugh.

Your false sense of sexism amuses me, lol.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Tbh they should be apologising for that RPG causing a massive explosion,they don't do that.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
mindlesspuppet said:
This is the biggest issue I've had with the whole argument over the video. Everyone seems to be questioning "why were they dressed like that to assassinate someone?" yet no one questions "why is he wearing a formal suit to assassinate someone?". The answer to both questions is the same, but only one is being asked.
Is it the same? I thought the answer to the formal suit was "Because assassination is his business in every sense and the suit doesn't draw lots of attention" and the answer to the nun costumes is "because lol".

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Clearing the Eye said:
Yet, if it were men wearing skimpy outfits and being beaten up by a woman in a suit, everyone would laugh.

Nice assumption. My reaction here is a raised eyebrow, and my reaction to the reverse situation would be... another raised eyebrow.

LT Cannibal 68

Dec 9, 2010
NvrPhazed said:
I actually have two problems with this. First of all I think it is degrading to women and if it was supposed to be a parody, it did not come through because it seemed like it was all serious business. Secondly, I find it sacrilegious because having the sisters show up as nuns and take off their clothes to reveal stripper outfits upsets me as a christian. If they revealed that they were carrying appropriate clothing and weaponry for a fight, I wouldn't have as much problem. The sexy nun outfit, I believe, is an insult to my religion because nuns are some of the best human beings on this Earth and to show them as being sex fiends underneath it all shows a great disrespect for what they do. That is why I am angry people.
you find the nun outfits sacrilegious? it's a fucking game, and besides in an earlier hitman game 47 is living in a shed next to a CHURCH! an actual church and no one got their jimmies rustled. and if you really want/don't want to get offended watch/don't watch the latter half of machete that shit is bonkers and fucking awesome.

LT Cannibal 68

Dec 9, 2010
Eamar said:
Abandon4093 said:
Pussies.

People are constantly complaining that the industry itself is what needs to grow up.... Bullshit. It's the whiny, precious little consumers who somehow think that violence against digital women is soooo much worse than violence against digital men.

No one would have given two short fucks if 47 had have done the EXACT same thing to a load of guys in priest gowns that fell off to reveal leather hotpants or someshit. Infact people would probably have called it progressive.

Frikin selective hippies.
While I'm not denying that some people had a problem with the violence, I'd like to point out that the comments about the industry needing to grow up tend to refer to the sexualisation of women, not the violence.

Now, I'm not about to say that all sexualisation is a bad thing, but you have to admit that this did look like something an adolescent would dream up, surely? Hence the "grow up" comments.
sexualization can go both ways mate, look at the sexy nuns and then go look at kratos a bulky shirtless dude in a skirt. fucking double standards i swear.

captcha: face the music

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
lacktheknack said:
Clearing the Eye said:

Nice assumption. My reaction here is a raised eyebrow, and my reaction to the reverse situation would be... another raised eyebrow.
That means I wasn't talking to you, silly billy.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
*RPG somehow creates a fireball

*Guy survives massive explosion that destroys a bulding

*No one notices man three feet behind them, killing their friends

*One individual single handily fights off and kills a dozen trained assassins

But did you see how they looked? How unrealistic! That's totally impractical and sexist.

lolwut?

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
Clearing the Eye said:
*RPG somehow creates a fireball

*Guy survives massive explosion that destroys a bulding

*No one notices man three feet behind them, killing their friends

*One individual single handily fights off and kills a dozen trained assassins

But did you see how they looked? How unrealistic! That's totally impractical and sexist.

lolwut?

You leave Chris Redfield's steroid abuse out of this mister! Dis r srs bzns!
Steroids? Lies! Lies!! All men have biceps larger than their head.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
The more I think of the trailer, the more I realise that criticisms of the advert is pretty much a criticism of the series. The advert is one massive joke, a wink and a nudge towards the camera. This is no different to a morbidly obese man you have to assassinate in a meat-factory in Hitman or Hitman:Contracts, nor is it any different to a Blood Money advert which was the first-person perspective seeing Agent 47 ready to drop a toaster into the bath the person is in.

A good chunk of Hitman is the absurdity of it. Nothing is normal and deadly serious. You don't have a deep plot with twists and turns, filled with grit and talking about how Agent 47 is suffering internally (like every single gritty game released in the last five years, hell even Max Payne which used to conveyed a good story but winked at the ridiculous nature of it all has now stooped to something more generic (that's not to say Max Payne 3 is bad, just it's not what it used to be)). You have a bald man with a bar code on the back of his head due to him being manufactured infiltrating various places, each with an ounce of absurdity that didn't have to be there but is. You have him infiltrate a Japanese Shogan fortress, you have him infiltrate a biker place, you have him infiltrate a masquerade. These didn't have to be, especially since they don't contribute to the main over-arching story (which little of one actually exists), but are.

If you have a problem with the trailer, you really have a problem with the series and/or you missed the point of the series. If you wish to criticise it still, go for it. I give you free reign. However, it'd likely be wrong to suggest a change. You may not enjoy it, like I don't like death metal or Nintendo games, but it'd be wrong to try to please everyone.

The one troubling part of this news article though is not so much the trailer it's self, which as I said before is the game's signature, but rather the developer apologising for it. When a developer apologises for an aspect of the game, usually it ends up being changed in the future. Hitman: Absolution is finished enough where I don't have to fear it changing into a gritty shape filled with grit and brown and grey, but with apologises for frolicking in what the developer dubbed "game's natural extremism" it shows that they may be changing the game series in the future. A change to something that less winks at the camera at the sheer absurdity of it all, and is more deadpan nonsense.

If you really want an elaboration on some of the things I'm talking about here, watch the most recent Extra Credits episode: http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/hard-boiled Just because the example they use, Max Payne, is pretty much a series that ditched the absurdity of the plot and the wink-and-nudge approach due to the switch in developer, and went absolutely deadpan and pretty much paid for it.

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
LT Cannibal 68 said:
Eamar said:
Abandon4093 said:
Pussies.

People are constantly complaining that the industry itself is what needs to grow up.... Bullshit. It's the whiny, precious little consumers who somehow think that violence against digital women is soooo much worse than violence against digital men.

No one would have given two short fucks if 47 had have done the EXACT same thing to a load of guys in priest gowns that fell off to reveal leather hotpants or someshit. Infact people would probably have called it progressive.

While I'm not denying that some people had a problem with the violence, I'd like to point out that the comments about the industry needing to grow up tend to refer to the sexualisation of women, not the violence.

Now, I'm not about to say that all sexualisation is a bad thing, but you have to admit that this did look like something an adolescent would dream up, surely? Hence the "grow up" comments.
sexualization can go both ways mate, look at the sexy nuns and then go look at kratos a bulky shirtless dude in a skirt. fucking double standards i swear.

Pull the other one! No woman (well, I'm sure some do, but it's not the norm) finds Kratos sexy. Kratos is a male power fantasy, and you know it.

EDIT: in case you're not getting that, I'll explain myself better: if the Kratos frequently posed in such a way that we all got a good look at his package, if the camera lingered on his sweet ass all the time, and if he posed like this

THEN you could claim he was overly sexualised. Sexualisation is not all about what the character is wearing, it's how it's dealt with.

LT Cannibal 68

Dec 9, 2010
Eamar said:
LT Cannibal 68 said:
Eamar said:
Abandon4093 said:
Pussies.

Pull the other one! No woman (well, I'm sure some do, but it's not the norm) finds Kratos sexy. Kratos is a male power fantasy, and you know it.

EDIT: in case you're not getting that, I'll explain myself better: if the Kratos frequently posed in such a way that we all got a good look at his package, if the camera lingered on his sweet ass all the time, and if he posed like this

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/288/4/1/zero_suit_master_chief_by_kevinbolk-d30tm0o.jpg[/img/[/spoiler]

THEN you could claim he was overly sexualised. Sexualisation is not all about what the character is wearing, it's how it's dealt with.[/quote]

ok you're right kratos was a wrong example, then how about that werewolf guy from the twilight movies? he takes his freaking shirt off for no reason. try to tell me that's not male sexualization.