"Holy $@&%, did I just do that?"

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
A game of MW2 where I randomly fired a grenade launcher into the air, came down on the other side of the map for the game winning kill!

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
More than once I have scored the final kill in an FPS by randomly shooting into the void and scoring a head-shot. I have insane luck at video games, just ask any of my RL friends.

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
I remember one time I was fighting a CPU in Super Smash Bros Brawl, I was Pit, and I forget who the CPU was, we both had a high damage percentage and we were in sudden death mode. So we were both darting around trying to dodge the falling Bob-Ombs, the CPU caught one and threw it really quickly an inch away from me, I somehow reflexively used Pit's reflector shield to blast the bomb in his face and KO'd him.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Killed eight people in less than 30 seconds (no exaggeration, my spree started just after the MCOM station got set to explode and ended with it exploding) with the Beretta in Bad Company 2 - and at least 3 of them were firing back, and 2 of them were medics engaging at point blank. Oh, and it wasn't through finding a good ambush spot and camping it either. I actually worked my way through two floors of warehouse clearing it out bit by bit, constantly on the move.

Best thing about it? My girlfriend was watching. She was suitably impressed.

Haunted Herring

The Toy Commander
Jan 24, 2010
Came up against Chitose, a boss ghost in Fatal Frame 2 (Or Project Zero for us British), a harmless looking little girl,(still wants to kill you though). One of her tactics will be to just stand there and cry, not to be fooled by crying little girls I stayed away, but I was curious as to what would happen if I got near her. The battle was getting a little tedious too so I got up close to her to shake things up a little.
She spins around, cries out with an ear-shattering scream - knocking my torch out and plunging the entire room into darkness.

I couldn't see sh*t, not even my character, so I twirled around in one spot, hoping to land a shot on her no matter how pathetic the damage would be. I heard her coming from the right and in mid-spin I landed a fatal frame on her, the most damaging picture you can take, in total darkness.

Satisfaction levels - through the roof. The picture now lies proudly in my album.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Persona 3 I one-hit killed Death, I was like "Wow, I fluked" Turned out my friend modded his PsP, so now I have to erase the file because I'm against cheating in RPGs.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
OK, this just in, a new entry for the thread:

I was just playing Team Oddball (for those of you not in the know, it's a gametype where you have to hold onto a skull - the Oddball - and every second you hold onto that skull = 1 point) on Sword Base (a very blue map), and I happened to spawn relatively near the Oddball. So I grabbed the thing and made off for a corner, with a small wall covering one side. My friend followed me and began to spam Drop Shield in that corner (a bubble shield which lasts for a little while and heals health - but not shields - while you're inside it), and the other two players soon formed up on us. We held off their sporadic attacks (must have been a rubbish team) with spectacular ease, and I didn't die nor drop the Oddball once. I think my drop-shield spamming friend only died once too, though the other two were basically cannon fodder for the cause :p. End result, 150 (the max, wins you the game) to us, 0 to them. BOO-RAH.

Zack Curran

Jun 1, 2010
Halo 3 one of the missions had a buncha Banshees flying overhead and Wraiths going psyco. Picked up a spartan laser and a trip mine. Pegged the trip mine between me and the wraith and was trying to shoot two brutes in one shot with the spartan laser. The shot (completely by accident) killed both brutes AND a Banshee, awarding my pot luck with a medal to go with my double kill. Only close by the wraith was going AROUND the mine, and i was out of SL ammo. Out of sheer chance and, to this day i sh@& you not, a piece of the banshee fell on the trip mine and detonated, blowing up the already-weakened tank. This earned me ANOTHER medal within seconds. My best mate (who owns the Xbox and Halo 3) still can't get over that 1 in a billion shot. Needless to say, i bowed to whatever Halo god there was. Only to get totally owned by a grunt with two plasma grenades. <grumble,grumble>....

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
tmujir955 said:
THEJORRRG said:
3 headshots from one sniper bullet in TF2. One was a cloaked sniper stood in between the camping Heavy and his little Medic buddy. One bullet, three heads, one "Grey Matter" achievement. Pretty much shat my pants.
Lucky bastard.
I KNOW, RIIIIGHT? :O

It actually should be a cloaked spy not a cloaked sniper. Derp.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
I pulled off the "Two Kills, One Bullet," "All Pro," and "Game Winning Kill," with one shot for the Intervention in Modern Warfare 2. All Pro means headshot two enemies with one bullet. I was pretty impressed with myself, seeing as I never thought I'd get that one.
I did the exact same, minus the game winning kill. I completely sucked at sniping, but I was trying to get better. Saw my opportunity for a headshot, and bam. I just didnt notice the head standing right behind him.
"Two Kills, One Bullet", "All Pro", and a level up.

Apr 29, 2010
SimuLord said:
Going an entire half in ESPN College Hoops 2K5 without allowing a point. I played 15 minute halves...and as the second half went by and I realized my opponent was still stuck on 18 points (it was 54-18 at the half, the game ended something like 111-18), it was kind of like in baseball having a no-hitter going.

When the final buzzer went off, I was like "holy shit. A whole 15 minutes without allowing a point. Nice." East Tennessee State vs. Wofford, incidentally.
I take it the other guys weren't that good.

Aylaine said:
Aha revenge! Blasting the Dodo in FFXIV with a whooping 422 ice damage via Blizzard. Take that, jerk. :eek:
So you're the reason why the Dodo is extinct!

ForgottenPr0digy said:
"Getting a nice double headshot in Halo:reach" I just fired randomly and killed one guy and his teammate was right behind him it was awesome.
Isn't there a rule somewhere against running in a straight line in any FPS?

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Dude... the average Soul Calibur II game was like that for me for a long time. I still have trouble remembering how to teleport or fly with Yoshimitsu. But when I pull it off randomly, it looks badass.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Mine is also a UFC '09 story. I was playing at a friends house, and he kept kicking my ass. During one fight, I hit a random button and end up jump kneeing him in the face. Knockout. `

Drakane

May 8, 2009
I beat my buddy G-rig in Halo 2 consistently for a night. Granted this means shit to you, but in short... he is the bane of my exsistance. He picks up a game, and w/ in 5 mins hes better then you. Hes the asshole that got all the chicks, through the best parties.. hes THAT GUY.. yall know what i mean. But for one glorious night, he was my *****.

Edit: but I guess that wasn't a single moment

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Well, just because Seth in SFIV is a cheating bastard doesn't meant that a I can't play Sakura, have less then ten percent of my health left, and face off against a full health Seth in the final round, and not still win.

Unless I broke reality.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
The best example I can think of is one session I had playing the original Need for Speed on the PSX. I was driving in a head-to-head race in a Ferrari 512TR against a Lamborghini Diablo on the Alpine course. The finish line was not too far ahead and the Lambo was in the lead with me jamming on the accelerator to catch up, but I was losing hope of winning fast. Then my Ferrari leaps off of a small hill before the finish line, soars right over the Lambo, lands directly in front of said Lambo, crosses the finish line, and wins.

I immediately watched the replay of that race to confirm that I didn't imagine the whole ordeal, and then spent the next 20 minutes trying to pick my jaw up off of the floor.