Horribly wrong?

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Considering how much fun the N64 game was, I was really looking forward to Turok.
I tried to like it, I really did, but after 4 hours I opened my window and chucked the damn thing out into the street. During rush hour.

Archaon6044

Oct 21, 2008
i used to despise fable 1, but after a year i was really bored and i started thinking about the music, so i bit the bullet one day when i had a mate over, and we put it in and started a new game, and after about 10 minutes into it, i turned and said "dear god what have i been missing?" since that time, fable 1 has become my second favorite game ever, second to Assassins Creed, and there is a very, very narrow gap between them

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
shophius said:
Thought Wind Waker would be brilliant because 'OMG IT'S SOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!111' My poor naive younger self. So disappointed...
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who liked that game.

This isn't really being horribly wrong, but I'd say Gears of War. I used to like it, but then I played Half-Life 2. that changed my opinion of what makes a game good.

EDIT: I just remembered; Oblivion. My friends hyped the game up for me, so I foolishly bought it, and I found it to be really boring (even if it did ahve Sean Bean in it). On the other hand I did quite like Fallout 3.

theklng

May 1, 2008
my preconceived judgments of games is that a game has to prove itself to me before i'll play it. just like food has to prove that it tastes good before i eat it- wait.

GodsOneMistake

Jan 31, 2009
I expected COD4 to just be another generic military based game boy was i wrong

I was also fairly dissapointed With Fallout 3 i don't know what it was maybe that constant empty waste land got to me but it lacked a certain magic that a game like oblivion totally had

And by magic i mean something special not like pew pew magic

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
PeterDawson said:
Yeah, I didn't clue into how boring Spore would turn out to be.
This. I was like "F*ck yeah, Spore is gonna be awesome!" Then I played it to space stage, and I was quite disappointed.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Citrus Insanity said:
I thought Far Cry 2 looked awesome.

Other than that, I have pretty good judgment.
Same. That game ought to have been killed in development.
Also, I got very hyped about Fallout 3, and look how that turned out.
Otherwise, I've been lucky so far.
Bioshock, Mirror's Edge and Mass Effect have all been thoroughly amazing.
RE5 and GoW2, on the other hand, were awful. Good thing I only rented them for co-op.

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
Far Cry 2, Mercenaries 2, and Star Wars Force Unleashed were disappointments.

But I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Saints Row 2, I bought it for $10 and am still playing it.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
I thought "Too Human" would be amazing. Then I played the demo. crap death system, crap fighting system.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Arrers said:
shophius said:
Thought Wind Waker would be brilliant because 'OMG IT'S SOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!111' My poor naive younger self. So disappointed...
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who liked that game.
Nope, you're not alone.

Tolly

Jan 12, 2009
Okay...

Silent Hill: Homecoming. I'd heard so much negative hype (Yahtzee, you're great m'friend even when I disagree with you) that I was convinced it was going to suck, but it was actually really atmospheric and gave me the creeping heebie jeebies. I think it would have been better received if it hadn't been called Silent Hill.

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus. Oh god, oh god oh god, my poor abused eyes. Not to mention my sense of dignity. 'Oh!' thought I. 'A new Phantasy Star Universe game! I really enjoyed the first one, I guess I'll drop $AUS 80 on the expansion.' *shudder* I learnt my lesson. (Having said which, I got Phantasy Star: Portable a few days ago, and it has done much to redeem the series and Laia Martinez in particular in my eyes. And I never thought the day would come when I actually LIKED that woman.)

Cesasse

Apr 18, 2009
generic gamer said:
an afternoon? i've lost about six months so far! its horrifically addictive
A friend of mine came by that afternoon. He has a laptop and is bigger than me. So I turned it off and we LANned. Not got around to playing it again.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Dirty Apple said:
I was so unbelievably pumped for Hellgate:London. Fate is truly a cruel mistress.
I too thought that game would be awesome, along with Tabula Rasa. I never played them, but I saw the reviews... That was enough.

GTA4. God, I enjoyed Saint's Row better. At least there you have a CHANCE of escaping from the cops, and the cars don't handle like bricks, and you can actually aim, yadda yadda yadda. I could go on for days.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I was a little disappointed that this silly little kids' game called Viva Pinata came with my Xbox 360 package. I thought it would just gather dust, unused in some neglected corner of my house.

How wrong I was.

Jepix

Mar 26, 2009
Happy Story:
I got "Sid Meiers: Railroads!" and didn't have to many expectations. It turns out, it's a brilliant game with stragety, history, and economic management in a good-game sallad

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I laughed at Company of Heroes when it was announced (mainly on grounds of it being based in WW2).
It is my favorite RTS game.