Hothead Gamer Flips Out, Burns Warhammer Fantasy Army

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
That was disappointing, if you do something so very expensive you need to take the time to get a quality camera, flamethrower and very carefully pick the appropriate soundtrack (as much as I love Metal that shit in the video was just some noise).
And if you really want to make a statement then fly off to GW offices and set all that up as a public display, that shit would make them think twice.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
008Zulu said:
He could have just continued to use the older rules.
Pretty much this, that or sell the damn things on Ebay and get some of that money back. He strikes me as a person who doesn't take to change well in a constructive manner.

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
I wont make a video about it, that's for sure. But I pretty much am already making plans to throw away my old Warhammer Fantasy minis, since they are not pretty enough to put into a case somewhere, and are practically worthless now. So yeah, I understand why he's burning them. No point in keeping them.

That said, from what I heard, Fantasy only accounted for something like 15% of GW's profits. So I'm not surprised they would do something like that. However, it does feel like a slap in the face. Oh well. Time to invest in other hobbies I guess. ^^

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
SweetShark said:
This is why there is he Old Rules:
If you don't like the New ones, you stick the old ones. Problem solved.
Curious, what kind of rules GW changed?

Btw yes, the WH Universe was always silly.
IF the best explaination of how the Orks can built their weapons in WK40k, is cause of magical anger to take anything they see and built it as a weapon, then yes, it is silly.
They won't let you run it at games workshop and all lines of the Fantasy line will become discontinued.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
Paint for the paint god! Plastic for the plastic throne!

What was stopping him from just using the old rules, thought? When 4th edition DnD came out and I found I didn't like it, my books remained unburned. Given the number of heavily invested people in the old series of Warhammer, this should have been nothing but a blip on the radar. You think everyone else is going to dump their stuff?

Ah well. Hope he at least feels better. That's one pricey bonfire.

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
GW completely abandoned the WHFB line. There is no going back. It joins the spinoff series in the list of games GW abandoned.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Davroth said:
I wont make a video about it, that's for sure. But I pretty much am already making plans to throw away my old Warhammer Fantasy minis, since they are not pretty enough to put into a case somewhere, and are practically worthless now. So yeah, I understand why he's burning them. No point in keeping them.

That said, from what I heard, Fantasy only accounted for something like 15% of GW's profits. So I'm not surprised they would do something like that. However, it does feel like a slap in the face. Oh well. Time to invest in other hobbies I guess. ^^
Before you do throw them away I would highly recommend trying out Kings Of War. The rules are free on the official website (including army lists) and you can use your Warhammer models with it fine. Many people use models from other production lines. Its also very simple but has a lot of tactical depth to it and really gives you the feeling that WFB had. Personally i think Kings of War is the superior game but as its free there's no reason to not try it out before getting rid of all the models you spent money on (although it is your choice).

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I don't know. It hits me. Seeing someone burn their passion away because some stupid shit hole of a company are behaving like stupid shits. Gee, I wonder where I've heard that before?

You really have to know how it worked for the guy before you can generalise the whole situation. Who knows how and where this guy usually played.

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
spartandude said:
Davroth said:

Before you do throw them away I would highly recommend trying out Kings Of War. The rules are free on the official website (including army lists) and you can use your Warhammer models with it fine. Many people use models from other production lines. Its also very simple but has a lot of tactical depth to it and really gives you the feeling that WFB had. Personally i think Kings of War is the superior game but as its free there's no reason to not try it out before getting rid of all the models you spent money on (although it is your choice).
Sadly that system won't safe my 4000 points of Skaven, I'm afraid. And the other trouble is that if need other people who want to try it out as well. My friends either gave up or jump on the Sigmar train.