Hothead Gamer Flips Out, Burns Warhammer Fantasy Army

Kiardras

Feb 16, 2011
Just switch to Kings of War. Free rules released today, maintains large scale fantasy battles. Can pretty much use existing GW models, or buy the superior mantic models.

A lot of people I know are making the switch, Age of Sigmar is just a joke.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
erttheking said:
I'm all for being angry at Games Workshop and I admit that I don't know how their games work that well but...couldn't he just keep playing the game with the old rules? I mean it's not exactly like a software patch where it's integrated into the game.
Indeed. If you enjoy the game, why not continue to enjoy the same game? There are still people who prefer to play 1st edition D&D. Unless developers start sending people round to players' houses and forcibly confiscating all their rulebooks, there's absolutely nothing anyone can do to stop people playing whatever version of whatever game they want. Being annoyed at the ending of any support for your game is fine, but this isn't just cutting off your nose to spite your face, it's cutting off your whole head.

vallorn said:
Most Warhammer gaming in the UK is done at GW stores
No it isn't. Most Warhammer gaming in the UK is done at home among friends, as with the vast majority of all gaming. GW stores may get the majority of competitive play, but that's only a small fraction of the total.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Adam Jensen said:
This may sound harsh, but he comes across as a no-life loser. Maybe this will be a healthy change for him.

When I see stuff like this it makes me wonder if I'm a geek at all.
Reminds me of the guy who destroyed his manga collection for a specific title after his favorite character was revealed to have had a boyfriend before the story started.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I know nothing about Warhammer or the changes made to it, but I say good for this guy. Sure he could have sold his miniatures, but that wouldn't have had nearly the same affect.

"It's not about the money...it's about sending a message."

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Boy, that must of been a dangerous fume the fire create due to the chemical stuff in the paint and glue etc used on the miniatures.

Also if Toy Story were real, those miniatures had met a grim death just cos their owner doesn't like changes.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
tf2godz said:
xaszatm said:
But you see, all Slaanesh is is sex, and we can't have sex in a game for little boys! (No, seriously, I couldn't make this bullcrap up if I tried)

please tell me you're making this shit up. I've never played the games or read the books but isn't that game about a bunch of genocidal racist assholes fighting other genocidal racist assholes? doesn't the Lore have something about their dead Emperor being turned into a machine God that needs human sacrifice of literally thousands a day to stay alive? But they draw the line with sex. What? and I thought blizzard handles there lore poorly.
Slannesh is not wholly sex.
It is the god of pleasure, that includes the pleasure of attacking razorblades to your gentiles, self mutilation, pushing everything to the extreme with no regard to life.
Seriously look at angel exterminnautus, fuglrim's companions enter in a drug hazy while he walks on people.
In some castes it gets pretty brutal.
I still think it's a punk thing to do, i'm somewhat annoyed, but only so much more so then the loss of the custom generator, undivided deamon princes beside Beklar, hellguns, Malal and sqauts

Also, i think your comment on racism is sort of lacking prespective. Xenos aren't actually the nicest people, orks obviously, tau sterilize humans in Orwell, the eldar OH THE ELDAR. LET me tell you, mon'keigh you aren't more than a toy to break at worse and a tool at best, so on so on. Over all genocide and racism doesn't so much of a big deal with the imperium of man or otherwise. it;s a part of the grimdark style, thousands toil in suffer of produce some of the stupidest things, nova cannons for instance are reloaded manually (those bullets are massive for ship mounted guns). death are pointless and easily preventable, corruption, malice and incompetence wins out.
It's a necessity for the imperium in some instances, examine the post Armageddon war, the inquisition and the spacefurries i mean spacewolves.
My favorite comment on this is by ol' bloody magpie gab;

But if you have problems with the methods of the emperor's finest please report to the inquestion

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
To be honest I see a lot of people in here going "oh no the money, that was stupid".

Personally my immediate reaction was "OH MY GOD THE PAINTING!" I've never really been into actual Games Workshop stuff (I read books and play video games but I've never really played tabletop). But for a while me and my sister were buying a bunch of magazines that came with Games Workshop figures. I painted a few but I never had the patience and time to sit down and work my way through the whole lot.

Just thinking about the amount of time it must have taken to PAINT all of them is painful. X-D

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Also if Toy Story were real, those miniatures had met a grim death just cos their owner doesn't like changes.
And now I'm sad... just imagine them screaming out in pain as the flames washed over them. Wave after wave burning their exposed flesh and melting anything metal to their flesh scalding them in the process. :(

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Eh, this is what happens when a vendor you trust betrays said trust. Like when someone like George Lucas ruins a beloved franchise and keeps on beating it to death long afterwards.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Ffs people. It appears Slaanesh is not fucking gone, but rather has a different symbol and may be captured for the time being or avoiding Tyrion (at least, that seems to be the consensus here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/310839-newsrumours-slaanesh/ ). AoS hasn't even been released properly, don't jump the gun. GW have made a horrific abortion of a game, yes, and the fluff will probably suck balls, but at least throw shit at GW for things they've actually done. Like the rules. Or the Sigmarines.

Torque2100

Nov 20, 2008
I'm going to throw shit at GW for taking a unique and interesting visual design and chucking it in the trash in favor of a design that seems to have been ripped off from Chronopia. A nearly forgotten miniatures game from the 90's that tried to compete with Warhammer Fantasy and failed.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
So what, he burnt 5 dollars worth of pewter? The real crime here is the list price on those things.

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
While he probably should have just sold them, I don't blame him. Goddamn is Age of Sigmar bad. It's a crime that the old Warhammer Setting is dead. I'd do the same if I didn't use my miniatures for RPGs or I were slightly more crazy.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
xaszatm said:
The reason why Slaanesh is no longer around?

Teclis captures him/her while Slaanesh feasts on Elf souls and puts him/her in a golden cage. His/her replacement seems to be the Horned Rat. I'm serious. The best part? Its only mentioned in a side blurb and as one sentence long. HOPE YOU ENJOYED THOSE MODELS BECAUSE THEY JUST BECAME WORTHLESSS!
xaszatm said:
So, after Chaos wins, the Warhammer World is stripped to its core and only Sigmar survived. The miserable ball of metal (later to be named Sigmarite...I'm serious) flies off into space, he encounters a great Space Dragon (Yes, I'm serious...look, just pretend there's a I'm serious after every sentence because you're gonna need them) and becomes close friends with him. The Space Dragon takes him to a mythical place that consists of nine eternal realms. Eight of the Realms are based of one of the Winds of Magic and are as stereotypical as you might expect (Celestial Realm is heaven, Fire Realm is volcanoes and burning plains, etc.). Simar decides to settle here and take the survivors (who were all dead...because lore said Sigmar was the only survivo-...forget it GW logic) to this realm. For millennium the survivors of the Old World live in peace. Until the ninth realm, which was the realm of Chaos, struck (why Sigmar never thought to close the path connecting them to the Chaos Realm...) While Sigmar raised an army with his allies Teclis, Nagash, and Gorkamorka, they were beaten back and back. Finally, Sigmar went to the Realm of Heaven, built a giant wall, and slammed it shut, leaving the others to fend for himself.

For hundreds of years, the gate stood silent, but Sigmar had a plan. Taking the souls of the finest warriors, he used his power to reforge them into his image. He imbued lightning into their veins and encased them in sold sigmarite armour, powered by magic. They were given the ability to fire bolts of energy from either their boltbows (no, I'm not making this up) or carry their Lightning Hammers into battle. They were to be called SIGMARINES GROUND MARINES Stormcast Eternals! And they shall have no fear! Now, Sigmar opens the gates and out pours his army to face the Goretide and attempt to free the realm from Chaos!!!

I made it sound a lot more cooler than it should but it's still very stupid. I haven't even mentioned that Khorne got a model called the bloodstroker. Or the fact that the Dwarven God got eaten by a Salamander.

I-I don't even...how...WHAT?!

And I thought Matt Ward was bad...this is so utterly bone-headed that it's actually kind of amazing in its ineptitude. This is the kind of stuff I'd expect from a parody or April Fool's joke. I'd be laughing if it weren't for the fact that it supplants the old lore.

Jan 12, 2012
Mikeybb said:
Seriously.

I'm still reeling.

The big four appear to be tzeentch and nurgle still eyeing each other, with khorne sitting opposite something that's either a four horned head or an abstract spider.
So change, entropy, rage and... spiders?
Maybe it is still slaanesh and the symbol just changed.
If it's not a spider, the new symbol is very horny.
Ahahahaha!
...haha...
ha.

Never mind.
I think it's going to be the Horned Rat, as they set him up pretty heavily during the End Times and the Skaven seem to be the current favourite at GW.

Not entirely sure what his portfolio would be, though; he's a god of deceit and backstabbing, which steps on Tzeen toes. Maybe they'll play up the hunger angle, and replace "everything to excess" with "consuming everything"?
xaszatm said:
I made it sound a lot more cooler than it should but it's still very stupid. I haven't even mentioned that Khorne got a model called the bloodstroker. Or the fact that the Dwarven God got eaten by a Salamander.
To be fair, it was the Mother of Dragons, and it's implied to be an ascended Gotrek dying the most heroic death a Slayer could ask for, so I'm more OK with that. The names are stupid, though.
Megalodon said:
Ffs people. It appears Slaanesh is not fucking gone, but rather has a different symbol and may be captured for the time being or avoiding Tyrion (at least, that seems to be the consensus here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/310839-newsrumours-slaanesh/ ). AoS hasn't even been released properly, don't jump the gun. GW have made a horrific abortion of a game, yes, and the fluff will probably suck balls, but at least throw shit at GW for things they've actually done. Like the rules. Or the Sigmarines.
It's pretty clear Slaanesh is benched for the time being, though they probably didn't kill him outright and will eventually bring him back with a 'new' Slaaneshi warband or warscroll or whatever it's called now. They wouldn't just swap out the rune for no reason when they've leaned so heavily on the idea that you can reuse your old models to play the new factions, and making someone repaint every banner or be out of date is just kind of pointless. But those people are just idiots guessing on a forum, like we're doing here, only they have more faith in GW not totally fucking up.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
JonB said:
Hawki said:
only Slaanesh could provide.
...if only they didn't cut Slaanesh from the game.
LOLOLL wait.....wtf really ? thought you were joking but wtf.just wtf GW wtf.

And as for the video i can fully understand, from what i hear the rules have been dumbed the fuck down and universe kinda watered down and now with no slaanesh ? ffs, i understand the rage now you are kinda forced to play by the new rules and you slaanesh models are useless now unless you play 40K also but condsidering how much its costs its one or the other for most ppl. And also yes he could play the old rules but when everyone else is being forced to move to the new rules, there is going to come a time when he cant just play the old rules with friends he may or may not have that are into the hobby and are willing to stay in the past in terms of warhammer. He will prob end up doing this anyway. Its like when when cs:go came out alot of ppl hated it and wanted to stick with source/1.6 but alot of ppl over the years have moved over.

Neverhoodian said:
xaszatm said:

Teclis captures him/her while Slaanesh feasts on Elf souls and puts him/her in a golden cage. His/her replacement seems to be the Horned Rat. I'm serious. The best part? Its only mentioned in a side blurb and as one sentence long. HOPE YOU ENJOYED THOSE MODELS BECAUSE THEY JUST BECAME WORTHLESSS!
xaszatm said:
So, after Chaos wins, the Warhammer World is stripped to its core and only Sigmar survived. The miserable ball of metal (later to be named Sigmarite...I'm serious) flies off into space, he encounters a great Space Dragon (Yes, I'm serious...look, just pretend there's a I'm serious after every sentence because you're gonna need them) and becomes close friends with him. The Space Dragon takes him to a mythical place that consists of nine eternal realms. Eight of the Realms are based of one of the Winds of Magic and are as stereotypical as you might expect (Celestial Realm is heaven, Fire Realm is volcanoes and burning plains, etc.). Simar decides to settle here and take the survivors (who were all dead...because lore said Sigmar was the only survivo-...forget it GW logic) to this realm. For millennium the survivors of the Old World live in peace. Until the ninth realm, which was the realm of Chaos, struck (why Sigmar never thought to close the path connecting them to the Chaos Realm...) While Sigmar raised an army with his allies Teclis, Nagash, and Gorkamorka, they were beaten back and back. Finally, Sigmar went to the Realm of Heaven, built a giant wall, and slammed it shut, leaving the others to fend for himself.

For hundreds of years, the gate stood silent, but Sigmar had a plan. Taking the souls of the finest warriors, he used his power to reforge them into his image. He imbued lightning into their veins and encased them in sold sigmarite armour, powered by magic. They were given the ability to fire bolts of energy from either their boltbows (no, I'm not making this up) or carry their Lightning Hammers into battle. They were to be called SIGMARINES GROUND MARINES Stormcast Eternals! And they shall have no fear! Now, Sigmar opens the gates and out pours his army to face the Goretide and attempt to free the realm from Chaos!!!

And I thought Matt Ward was bad...this is so utterly bone-headed that it's actually kind of amazing in its ineptitude. This is the kind of stuff I'd expect from a parody or April Fool's joke. I'd be laughing if it weren't for the fact that it supplants the old

OMFG WHAT ?!!?! THATS THE FUCKING LORE NOW ? FOR REAL ? I now have a feeling all the stupid bullshit we once blamed matt ward for was infact not him but i bet its like the GW heads dumbass ideas or sons ideas And now matt ward is gone they have no one to stop all of the bullshit. Its like they cheaply ripped off some of 40k Emperors ideas, Lightinghammers ? really ? ....i just cant. That meme just sums it up perfect. Fully UNDERTSAND his rage now. Id burn that shit also and not give too much crap about the money.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
AstaresPanda said:
JonB said:
Hawki said:
only Slaanesh could provide.
...if only they didn't cut Slaanesh from the game.
LOLOLL wait.....wtf really ? thought you were joking but wtf.just wtf GW wtf.

And as for the video i can fully understand, from what i hear the rules have been dumbed the fuck down and universe kinda watered down and now with no slaanesh ? ffs, i understand the rage now you are kinda forced to play by the new rules and you slaanesh models are useless now unless you play 40K also but condsidering how much its costs its one or the other for most ppl. And also yes he could play the old rules but when everyone else is being forced to move to the new rules, there is going to come a time when he cant just play the old rules with friends he may or may not have that are into the hobby and are willing to stay in the past in terms of warhammer. He will prob end up doing this anyway. Its like when when cs:go came out alot of ppl hated it and wanted to stick with source/1.6 but alot of ppl over the years have moved over.

Neverhoodian said:
xaszatm said:

xaszatm said:

And I thought Matt Ward was bad...this is so utterly bone-headed that it's actually kind of amazing in its ineptitude. This is the kind of stuff I'd expect from a parody or April Fool's joke. I'd be laughing if it weren't for the fact that it supplants the old lore

OMFG WHAT ?!!?! THATS THE FUCKING LORE NOW ? FOR REAL ? I now have a feeling all the stupid bullshit we once blamed matt ward for was infact not him but i bet its like the GW heads dumbass ideas or sons ideas And now matt ward is gone they have no one to stop all of the bullshit. Its like they cheaply ripped off some of 40k Emperors ideas, Lightinghammers ? really ? ....i just cant. That meme just sums it up perfect. Fully UNDERTSAND his rage now. Id burn that shit also and not give too much crap about the money.
personally I think this pic summarize it better