How did you find "The Escapist"?

Psiboom

Oct 11, 2009
My friend showed me a few videos on here, then I started coming back to see more. A few months later, I signed up, and another few months later, I started to post. :eek:

Jiggabyte

Dec 19, 2009
Some other forum had members going on about this "Yahtzee" guy talking very fast into a microphone on the subject of games every week in... whatever year the first five or so episodes came out. Its been pretty much ever since then its taken a place in my bookmarks, even though I never made an account until yesterday. Stuff like de-rez and Unforgotten Realms just kept me coming (actually, wait, are those still on here?)
I swear I've seen every ZP three or four times now, even the YouTube ones.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
My brother showed me Zero Punctuation. I kept on watching, eventually signed up, and then I stayed for the forums.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Demented Teddy said:
Watching ZP on youtube, one of his vids mentioned that he got hired by the escapist and that he would be doing his vids on here from then on.
Same here.

I decided to seek him out on YouTube after reading a brief mention of him in a Swedish gaming magazine.

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
I saw that Rurikar was remaking Unforgotten Realms for this site. I remember the really (for me) horrible little grey video player.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
my roommate was watching Zero Punctuation back in mid-2008. didnt join the site itself until around the end of the year though. But I remember sitting with him and watching somewhere around 10+ of those reviews in a row and just laughing our asses off. I was hooked... and then I found out the rest of the website kicks ass too

masterkeaton

Sep 3, 2008
My friend told me about Zero Punctuation, and I decided to watch a few videos, and from then I was hooked, I've watched all of them since...

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
This looks an awfull lot like a survey...
Anyway I found it through randomly clicking links because I was bored.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I found it with the Search Bar!

Actually, a friend gave me a DVD of Unforgotten Realms, so I signed up and got hooked on ZP and AL instead.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
My friend showed me a ZP review... Being a fan of Forums in general, I checked them out and found them to be surprisingly non-idiotic.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I was linked to a ZP review of Oblivion in the Best forum on earth Oblivionsource.com (r.i.p). Then I lurked and joined.

BillyShakes

Oct 29, 2009
Hrm. Don't remember how I got here; probably through a link on a various webcomic I read. Watched things like Zero Punctuation, There Will Be Brawl, and Unforgotten Realms for at least a year before I joined. Currently my favourite spot on the internet.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Well, I used to look at the forum updates while Zero Punctuation was loading and curiosity eventually killed me, like the cat.

videocrazy

Dec 17, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
ZP. Please, i know your new, read the site rules and take note of what the users of this site post. Someone will scream search bar at you in a second.
I'm a little confused at this. First, yes, while I didn't use the search bar, I did look back a few pages to see if I could find a similar topic already. I didn't. When you posted this, I looked up "How did you find" in the search bar, and the most recent topic's last post was over a month ago, Nov. 13. Quoting from the forum posting guidelines thread,

# Thread Necroing and Thread Duping: We know that our forums have a very high volume of traffic and sometimes you will end up wanting to talk about subjects that are being discussed elsewhere on the forums. To keep thread spam to a minimum, we ask that you try not to start threads in the same board on exactly the same topic as another thread that's already active that day. We reserve the right to combine, merge, or delete redundant threads where we see this happen. We will ban for thread spamming in a persistent, abusive, or exploitative manner.

"If you want to have a discussion on a topic that's been the subject of a past thread, you should generally join in that thread if it's a live discussion. If that thread has been inactive for a month or more, its good etiquette to start a new thread and link to the old thread if you want to provide it as background information, and we discourage arbitrary bumping. We will ban for thread bumping if and when it is conducted in a persistent, abusive, or exploitative manner."

Admittedly I didn't read that either until you mentioned it, but that's generally because forum rules are fairly universal. So I kinda fail to see the problem here.

And on topic, I do plan on looking at all the other features. I viewed There Will Be Brawl before I signed up, but realized there were badges for them so I rewatched them yesterday. Accidentally clicked on one "Rebecca Mayes" video, got the badge for that even though I didn't watch it, but did listen to her MW2 video today.

Edit: @ Subzerowings, it's not a survey, I'm just curious.