how do you act on live?

brazenhead89

Jan 3, 2008
I only recently got Xbox Live and a headset, but until then I used to log in as a guest on my friends Xbox. We'd log into Halo 3 and occasionally I'd borrow his profile and headset.
Now, it's a well known fact that nearly EVERYONE on Live is an absolute dickwad, but if there's one thing I'm good at, it's insulting people dryly and intelligently. Normally, when I log in, I'm polite, greet myself and just comment on the game at hand. But often we've found ourselves logging in only to immediately hear "Goddamit, I hate n****s, I wanna hang 'em off a rope" or something equally offensive. Most people would mute these people, but I tell them what I think, or occasionally suggest that their mothers had intercourse with somebody of said race. The match then consists of everyone else up one end of the map, and me and my friend determined to beat the shit out of the racist arsehole on the other. Let me tell you; once you win, they either shut up immediately or yell insults at you, whilst sounding close to tears. It's also great when you beat people who insult your skills before the match has even begun, then politely ask them after the match to repeat what they said before. Sadly, this usually ends in a quick "******!" and an abrupt logging off.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Generally I use the mic for tactical stuff during the game if I'm playing a public match, or social chatter if it's a private game with friends.

I don't go on much these days, though, as "hooting dickhole" syndrome drives me nuts and I'm afraid I'll abuse certain powers to do something about it. Maybe it'd be better for everyone if I just went with the option to "mute everyone but Friends".

-- Steve

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
i just recently started using my mic. only use it to say where enemies are or comment on REALLY good shots eg. shot from across in map with an RPG to my face in CoD4. or to just laugh at the pathetic kids going "dude i bet hes a ******". ok i live in a racist area but thats just... intolerable. seriously if you were standing behind them in real life would they say the same thing? nope but of course the mic protects them.
didnt protect the kid who shouted "for fucks sake you cheating ******" - parents heard him and he got grounded *whip crack noise*

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
i iam alot calmer if i have a frend in the room because i can have a laugh or joke about but if i dont no anyone i generaly get ver loud and annoyed if someone is letting the team down. If it isnt a team game i wont even plug the mic in.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
wilsonscrazybed said:
I have all but my friends muted. That's pretty much how I like to live my life as well.
but then you will never make new frends and if all of your freinds die in say a firey explosion you would be aall alone. You dont want that now do you. Or do you?

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
conqueror Kenny said:
[but then you will never make new frends and if all of your freinds die in say a firey explosion you would be aall alone. You dont want that now do you. Or do you?
I will make friends the way I always have, by luring them to my lair under a volcano with promises of world domination.

VonBlade

Mar 12, 2008
I don't act on live. I avoid social interaction wherever possible. I am a misanthrope. I'm only replying on a forum because I like to hear myself type *grin*.

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
My mic is off until I either need to separate the "kids", communicate with the team or tell some idiot to keep his finger off the trigger lest he kill another teammate. I rule my matches with an iron fist and if someone thinks they can ignore me I give them a one way trip to Italy.

solider23876

Apr 19, 2008
This is so weird. Practically everybody in here says they're polite and quiet and stuff, but when you play on Live with a random person, you always get stuck with the loud, idiotic jerk-offs. I need to start playing with you people.

The-Big-D

Feb 4, 2008
I only really turn on my mic if there are decent people to play with.
I mean for some reason
you always have one or two loud mouthed people
or there are too many
or little kids (majority of the time).
Who just act completely stupid on live
so if there are i just turn my headset off and volume down.

If there are decent people online its good to talk to team mates
and socially talk
you can have some really good converstaions on there if the people you play with are laid back and that
i only really talk to mates i know though from college and such
apart from that i keep it off.

If people just mouth off and act like a jerk
whats the point.

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
I'm usually silent...but deadly...but not deadly because I suck. Then I sob quietly...nobody wants to play with me.

redstar alpha

Dec 9, 2007
Apone said:
I'm generally a gentleman on Live. As I am with strangers anywhere. Apologising for team kills etc.
I love talking to team mates bout positions of enemy and planning (Team Hardcore on CoD4 is great for this). Team gaming is what I really enjoy; so playing with fun, relaxed, intelligent people is best. To do that I'd have to be have those qualities too.
you need to get condemed two then, it is about the only game on live where going it along is really really stupid. it also has some very nice people on it (but most dont have there mics turned on witch is strange because communicasion is the key)

redstar alpha

Dec 9, 2007
solider23876 said:
This is so weird. Practically everybody in here says they're polite and quiet and stuff, but when you play on Live with a random person, you always get stuck with the loud, idiotic jerk-offs. I need to start playing with you people.
well your welcome to a game, we could start an escapist clan on live a place where there where no high pitched children and every one had got there standered grade in english(or GCSE or whatever your countries version of those is) *looks dreamily off in to the distance*

BioBeast

Dec 30, 2007
I don't have a very deep voice (even though I'm 14, I sound much much younger) so I tend to keep my mic off on live. There is nothing really interesting to say anyway. If I'm around friends that I know won't bombard me with "ARE YOU A *obscenities* TEN YEAR OLD GIRL" I'll turn it on.

DukeNero

Apr 15, 2008
Apone said:
I'm generally a gentleman on Live. As I am with strangers anywhere. Apologising for team kills etc.
I love talking to team mates bout positions of enemy and planning (Team Hardcore on CoD4 is great for this). Team gaming is what I really enjoy; so playing with fun, relaxed, intelligent people is best. To do that I'd have to be have those qualities too.
You are the sort of player i like gaming with, feel free to add me if you want to play some CoD4 some time. (gamertag Jonas85)

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
I turn into the great troll demon and cackle obscenities as I pwn noob asses. True story.

RazielDethAngel

Jan 22, 2008
I pretty much don't talk even for useful information because even if you do tell them they are usually such asses that they can't even use some info that could keep them from getting killed. And when I do decide to help them out of the kindness of my soul I am met by,

"STFU n00b you think ur so elite!!! followed by their death.

Also I don't play co-op unless I know the person

Juzari

Jan 1, 2008
silentsentinel said:
I keep my mic turned off, so I can hear the others while they can't hear me. I'll occasionally turn it on to say something, then turn it back off.
ditto