How do you react to being hit on/checked out?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Tell you when it happens.
Closest I've got is some lady at work giving people nicknames and as of a few days ago mine is apparently "Handsome" but considering she's a married woman with a child my age I'm assuming it was just a fun thing and I'm not considering anything as a possibility because that'd be weird.

EDIT: Oh, actually, I remembered one time when I was like 15, doing a Lan thing with my cousins. Some friends of theirs came over for... I dunno what reason, and according to one of them I was "like her boyfriend but hot."
I shrugged it off and went back to playing because Age of Empires, yo. Then she kissed me on the cheek and I gave her the "can you stop" look.

Honestly it's a shame because if she wasn't taken and crazy and 60 miles away it would've been fun to see where it could've gone.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Seeing as how it doesn't happen to me very often, I am always very flattered at the very idea that someone might find me attractive or have any interest in me.

I'm completely straight, and in my life more men have hit on me than women (I think it's the beard, and that I look like a cuddler) and I'm still flattered when it happens.

The last compliment I got from a woman was "Don't take this the wrong way, but you'd be really hot if you lost like 20 pounds."

Everyone I tell that to is always like "Wow, what a *****." and I'm just like "She thinks I could be hot."

VincentMm

Feb 13, 2009
When I get checked out, I just flash 'em a smile and keep walking.

I feel good that I'm being checked out, they feel good that they got a smile, all is well :)

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
back when i was alive, i had to deal with this quite often. i always responded coldly, and i found it annoying in general. i've just never been interested humans on that level and always wished they would just leave me alone. i always thought my allure was wasted on me, and would have been much better served on anyone else.

Dec 15, 2009
San Martin said:
When a honey looks me in the eye, her soft, scarlet lips gently caressed by the sublime sexiness of her tongue, I flash her one of those irrestible "come get me" stares, and I say "babe, we gon' get on down".

Then I take her in my 1968 Chevrolet Corvette back to the steamy luxury of my crib, pour her out a glass of wine, put on one of my Barry White vinyls, and sink down onto the couch with her.

And she says, "honey, you are SUCH a hunk", and I reply "you know it". And the atmosphere gets more and more electric, my hand grabs her thigh, she softly moans cos' she knows it's what she's been dreaming of all night when I give her the look. Yeah, it's the look that says it's time to be getting on down.

So I take her by the hand and lead her to the warm, gentle embrace of my boudois, we collapse into each other's arms and make sweet, sweet love all night.

That's one of the two possible results of someone checking me out. The other is that I blush and say something stupid.
John Shaft!
I can dig it!

As for me I would react with absolute ignorance. I have literally had a girl press herself against me, saying she was cold, and I believed her. I did not think anything of it until I was later told that she liked me... I am somewhat obtuse when it comes to such matters. It probably doesn't help that I'm non-sexual.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
I try to ignore it whenever I can because I'm in a relationship. And although some playful flirting would not be all that bad I think I really don't know the rules of the game, I went for it once while slightly drunk and it ended her rubbing herself against me and I totally fucking panicked.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
San Martin said:
When a honey looks me in the eye, her soft, scarlet lips gently caressed by the sublime sexiness of her tongue, I flash her one of those irrestible "come get me" stares, and I say "babe, we gon' get on down".

Then I take her in my 1968 Chevrolet Corvette back to the steamy luxury of my crib, pour her out a glass of wine, put on one of my Barry White vinyls, and sink down onto the couch with her.

And she says, "honey, you are SUCH a hunk", and I reply "you know it". And the atmosphere gets more and more electric, my hand grabs her thigh, she softly moans cos' she knows it's what she's been dreaming of all night when I give her the look. Yeah, it's the look that says it's time to be getting on down.

So I take her by the hand and lead her to the warm, gentle embrace of my boudois, we collapse into each other's arms and make sweet, sweet love all night.

That's one of the two possible results of someone checking me out. The other is that I blush and say something stupid.
Post of the week, I'm calling it.

OT: Last time it was three gay guys at once. I hugged them all and went off on my merry way.

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
I'm pretty much always embarrassed to some extent. But rarely creeped...I think I got the 'piece of meat' treatment once, and it from another guy, so...that was a little uncomfortable.

I'm usually flattered, but awkward.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
The only time I've ever been hit on was... Well, by another guy. A guy I knew at the time through university. I was drunk, he was drunker and kind of tactless about it. Nothing bad happened but I didn't handle it very well.

I'm pretty sure if a girl hit on me I just wouldn't be able to find the words. I'd be flattered but I seriously can't flirt, I just can't be "subtle". I don't know how to read people's cues, figure out what the words they're saying REALLY mean and where the conversation is swaying towards. I can be funny, usually in the weird way, but I'm also the kind of person where if I can't think of what to say I'll just nod and let them continue. I don't try to have a comeback/answer/response for everything someone says in general conversation so I guess I'm not trained to, and flirting sort of requires two people.

I get why flirting would be entertaining for those who can pull it off, but with me you'll have to be more direct.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
What do I do when people hit on me? First I try to make as much noise as possible to get the attention of anyone nearby, then I try to run away, if they grab hold then I go for the shins and groin. Basically you just want to make their day as miserable as possible so that it's not worth it for them to continue hurting you.

sleeky01

Jan 27, 2011
Miyenne said:
So I was just out grocery shopping when at the deli counter I ended up waiting my turn behind two rather attractive men. Being a woman with a pulse, I checked them out.

A few isles later I ran into one. I gave him a once over again which he obviously noted, and he laughed. Not an awkward "Oh, she's checking me out, what do I do?" laugh or a "I'm flattered" laugh, but a derisive snort that said "Who does she think she is?". Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I can't find men attractive and make it known.
Perhaps that was his "Oh, she's checking me out, what do I do?" laugh. Alot of people use laughter as an unconcious defence mechanism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nervous_laughter

But to answer your question: When I do get "checked out" I feel flattered and generally smile my thanks (which is usually with a quick "Oh crap he sees me" and a sudden interest in something in another direction).

If actually hit on, a smile and a [no]thank you is my response. Still flattering.

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
Flaery said:
I don't want to, but denying it isn't healthy.

http://img.ihere.org/uploads/342518a9f7.jpg

I'm just going to have to learn to accept it.
...I don't get it.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
FALCON PUNCH!

Nah I'm just kidding.

HADOUKEN!

Nah I'm just kidding.

VULCAN NECK PINCH!

Nah I'm just kidding.

CONVULSE!

Nah I'm just kidding.

FALCON PUNCH!

Libra

Feb 4, 2012
It has never happened, so I wouldn't know. I'd probably turn red and mumble something before running away. Especially because I'm the most prudish person since queen Victoria, and I have the feeling gay men are probably quite... direct... in their flirting.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
latiasracer said:
RED ALERT!

SHIELDS UP!

I can honestly say i would not expect it, so i would probably activate defensive mode and run away like a startled deer.

Captcha: "Which does a vegetarian eat?" No joke, a Kitten is an option
Heh yeah this is pretty much it.
Being hit on or checked out makes me feel very very unsettled and embarrassed. I?m not angry about it unless the guy (or girl) is blatantly staring at my tits, cat calling or actually touches me but I don?t like it.

Although people paying attention to me in general makes me a bit nervous.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Should it happen to me, i'd hit (on) her right back of course.

Problem is, i am completely oblivious of that and will probably not notice it. Untill sometime later in my life where i realise "damn, she WAS hitting on me"

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
I have a mental condition that, according to every psychologist I've had, makes me literally incapable of picking up on flirtation or anything less direct than an explicit verbal statement of interest, so I honestly can't tell you how I would react to it. I guess feeling desired by someone else would probably feel nice.

Chucker

Sep 3, 2008
I see the word creeper coming up. What do you define as a creeper hitting on you?

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Hmm, seeing as I haven't been flirted with in years and I haven't noticed anyone checking me out, I'm not a hundred percent sure how I'd react. Probably with suspicion. Most men who've expressed an interest in the past have either been in relationships - married or living with another woman - drunk off their arse, or obviously trying to take advantage of a teenage girl who looks like nobody loves her. (Yes, that was over 10 years ago; I SAID it's been a long time since someone has shown interest.) The women who've approached me have simply just matter of fact asked if I wanted to fuck and then taken my no at face value. Again, been a long time since either has happened. Understandable as I've gained weight, my teeth are a fucking mess, and looking like nobody loves you at 30 isn't quite as "attractive" to sleezeballs.

But assuming it's benevolent and as long as they don't cross into sexual harassment, I guess I'd be flattered.