duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I say... may-lay

tho I think less about smash bros than smacking someone in Halo haha

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Eerors said:
Both ways are correct. U.S. English say May-Lay. U.K. English say Me-Lee.

See: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/melee
Strange...I'm American and I've always pronounced it Me-Lay. Perhaps there's a bit of English in me after all, eh?

AlmostLikeLife

Apr 24, 2009
It's may-lay when it's coming out of my mouth. I hear it any other way and it takes me a while to realize what people are talking about.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I pronounce it DEATH COMBAT. Then a car behind me explodes. Besides Super Smash Bros. DEATH COMBAT *explosion* sounds way cooler then Super Smash Bros. Melee. SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS! YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE!

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
JackandTom said:
I've heard it said two ways but I wanted to know what was more common. Personally I say it like Me Lee, like its spelt but what about you guys?
C'mon, use the phonetics in the dictionary.

May. Lay.

That's it.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I used to say Me Lee all the time, but then some one corrected me. Now I mostly use May Lay, but when my brain is feeling "special" I'll lapse and say Me Lee again.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Me-lee. Like it's spelled. (I know it's "May-lay", but what the hell)

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
Mostly I say it "May-Lay" but If I'm feelin' sassy it's "muh-lay" with the muh bit pronounced a bit slowly.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I normally pronounce it Me Lee but sometimes I pronounce it Me Lay which I've been told is the correct pronunciation.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
J03bot said:
Meh-lay.

Though there's really only one way to find out how to say it properly. Find the Queen, and force her to say it. That will be the correct pronunciation.
Yeah, totally. I'd ask someone who isn't French what the proper pronunciation of a French word is...
/sarcasm