How do you sleep?

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I tend to sleep either on my back or on my side facing the door with my back to the wall...

I get paranoid otherwise, hell if I know why that is.
Hey, me too! I must admit, I get paranoid even under the conditions you mentioned without a locked bedroom door and both a flashlight and a stout stick within easy reach of my bed.

Except at my girlfriend's place, where I sleep wherever I can, given her surprisingly broad sprawl.

Mackheath said:
Spread out like a layer of sexy-ass jam.
Where did you get the idea that ass jam is sexy and how long have you suffered under this delusion?

LordLucan375

Feb 15, 2011
Black Arrow Officer said:
What position do you sleep in? Since I was born, I've slept the same way-on my stomach with my head facing the wall. My friend says I'm lucky to sleep that way because it helps prevent sleep paralysis and nightmares. He sleeps on his back and gets sleep paralysis constantly as well as nightmares almost every night. He says he can't help it because if he sleeps on his stomach he can feel his heartbeat and it creeps him out.
You're a lucky guy mate, I have always had trouble sleeping. I suffer from chronic migraines and as such find sleeping in ANY position an ordeal.
P.S, your user name, do I get a cookie for guessing the reference? :)

MapTa

Jun 2, 2011
For me, it's just whatever I feel like doing. When I wake up I know I won't be in the same position anyways.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
On the few nights I can get any sleep (chronic insomnia since I was a kid; it's a serious *****), I tend to sleep either on my side or on my stomach. At least, that's how I get to sleep. God only knows what position I'll be in when I wake up. Usually teetering on the edge of the bed with my sheets somehow kicked clear across the room.

TonyVonTonyus

Dec 4, 2010
I sleep either on my stomach or on my side facing the door. I can't sleep facing th opposite of the door because I always think someone is sneaking into my room as I turn to the other side...it's also the side where I keep my bat...damn, I'm paranoid.

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
At the moment? Sitting in an armchair, which is probably why I'm still awake at 3.40 in the morning. Long story short, we're four people sharing a small room and the only place left for me to sleep is in this armchair... I got the armchair because my head clogs up so bad I can barely breathe when I lie down, so I guess it's all good (I think my sister probably needs to vacuum her room more often, though...).

When not sleeping in an armchair, though, I either sleep on my side (preferably the right side) with my hands under my pillow, or on my back with one arm over my head. Though it's kinda hard to get comfortable on my back because I get the big lump of my hair in its looped ponytail poking me in the neck all night.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
on my stomach, hugging my pillow to my head. Legs either straight or one, normally the right, is to it's side, knee facing outward.

Philip Preeo

Aug 17, 2010
Not well. It's seems as I had one to college I seem to have inevitably lost the right to sleep. Funny thing how that happened too.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I always, ALWAYS, fall asleep on my left side. When I lived with my ex, our bed was kinda small, because our bedroom was small and bleh, so I always pressed myself against the wall on my left side. Since then, I can't fall asleep if I'm in any other position.

After falling asleep though, I can wake up in any weird position, not to mention go back to sleep very easily, regardless.

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
Mackheath said:
Benny Blanco said:
Mackheath said:
Spread out like a layer of sexy-ass jam.
Where did you get the idea that ass jam is sexy and how long have you suffered under this delusion?
Sexy-ass jam, not sexy ass-jam. There is a difference!
Sorry, I was too busy dodging trauma from the words "spread out...sexy..ass" and somehow landed in the equally baleful but somewhat more bizarre land of "sexy ass jam".

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Any position that is comfortable at the time. My mattress sucks so I flop around until I find something comfortable enough to sleep.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Fall asleep on my side, wake up face-into-pillow. It's a miracle that I've never suffocated.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I used to cover my whole body with the sheets. But I kinda dropped that habit as of lately, mainly due to the extreme hot temperatures. So now, I start by snoozing off on my back with my arms as a pillow. Then I unwillingly switch to either a fetal position or just on my right side.

Sometimes, I tend to sleep on my belly but I can only do that for so long. I find it incredibly uncomfortable.

I also don't sleep as well as I'd want to. I don't know if the bed is to blame or the pillow or me...but it's really weird for me to get an awesome good night's rest.

Toksyuryel

Mar 20, 2009
On my side snuggled up tightly with my plushies, without whom I am physically incapable of sleeping at all.

SulfuricDonut

Feb 25, 2009
Generally on my stomach with my arms crossed in some very strange (but comfortable) manner under my torso.
I usually have one hand holding my blanket so that it is wrapped really tightly around me.
Also, I always have my head facing my left, on the very edge of the pillow, that way my nose isn't buried in it and I don't get suffocated by the pillow.