How do you take being beat by a girl On games?

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
Id like to point out that i play alot of halo 4 and noones really talking period, like barely at all.so its not like I have a way of telling and its not like people are playing games and 9 out of ten times its I hate_____ all the time like people try to blow it up to be. I mean maybe once did i hear a guy say the nword and really if your an adult you can take dumb shit and see it for what it is not make it out into a hot button issue I think.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Smells like troll bait in here but I'll bite

I don't give a fuck honestly. Skill isn't measured in what sex you are. People are people.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
I'm certain others have said it before, but:

The exact same way I would were I beaten by a male. Which is to say, entirely dependent on how I was beaten. Was it a clean match where I was completely dominated? I tend to take those in stride. Was it close but fair? That tends to make me want to try again. Was it a cheap tactic? I'll likely fume a bit. Is it a cheap but amusing tactic? I'll probably laugh. Was it a cheap but amusing tactic that clearly takes effort to set up? Minor applause and much laughter.

That said, I'm very much a single-player type, so the point is a bit moot. Nonetheless.

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
If it's a girl I know irl, like my girlfriend or something, it's "lol, Let's run it back." Especially in Street Fighter 3rd Strike, which is our game. Then I'm like "NO FUCK THAT RUN THAT SHIT BACK." Heated friendly competition.

If it's a girl I don't know irl, like some random on XBL or something, it's "lol, Let's run it back." Especially in something like Skullgirls, which I like a lot so it's hard to take that L lying down from anyone.

I don't really feel anything about gender, but if it's a fighting game, I don't want to lose, period. Same with puzzle games like Puzzlegeddon. If I lose in a shooter, then I just lol, because I'm horrible at shooters anyways.

But I never really understood guys getting upset when girls beat them in games. At EVO especially, dudes were like "OH IF YOU GET BODIED BY THIS CHICK YOU'RE A ***** BRO," and all that tired sexist shit. She put in the work, she takes your ass out, that's the end of it. Gender and shit doesn't really have a place in the practice it takes to stick Painwheel unfly combos or any of I-no's combos or hitting one frame links (or any of that stuff) consistently during a major.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
depends how she acts
if she doesn't make a point of her gender I would accept loss like a mature player.
if she's a "LOLOLOLOLOL IR GAMUR GURL LOLOLOLOL" style cam whore
I would probably shoot harder and come back with a vengance.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
It's no more an issue to me than being beaten by a male. I usually start friendships out of having my ass kicked and being motivated into kicking back.

When I lose a fight, I take a moment to ask myself what I could have done differently for next time. Usually I find it funny when I keep losing, especially if it's a close fight. Being roflstomp'd is never fun, and it's frustrating when the winner's attitude is gloating and shitty.

But yeah. Completely not an issue. In fact the girl gamers I know consistently kick the shit out of the guys and laugh off sexist abuse. Then shoot them again.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
How I take loosing on games in general, of course. I throw a chair or two, then people get mad and start saying things about my "anger problems", next thing I know I'm in a court arguing the case that I deed naht heet her, I did NAHT!

Or, in simple form, the same way I do any other time.

Xzithelost said:
Now i play Alot of TF2 over 2000 hours And I use my real name as my online ID (Zoey)
Xzithelost said:
Now i play Alot of TF2 over 2000 hours And I use my real name)
Xzithelost said:
Now i play Alot of TF2
Well that there's your problem! TF2 almost ALWAYS has immature assholes on 24/7, of course not counting the few "mature" people like a few of my friends I play with. On that game people are either calling eachother fagots or are trading for items, but criminally under or over pricing said items.

And Mother of God the children!

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Doesn't matter to me. I get beaten at online multiplayer a lot because the only time I play that is at my friend's place. I'm sure I've been beaten by girls quite a bit.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Maybe I'm just lucky that the person who taught me to play Super Mario World and Mortal Kombat as a youngster of 11 was an (on reflection) smoking hot young lady of 15, but this isn't a thing for me. A player is a player is a player; if they're better than me, then I know what to work towards.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
It is situational from what I've experienced. As someone pointed out, people who end up doing a lot of negative commenting and flaunt their pride tend to be relatively aggravating regardless of gender.

DrunkenMonkey

Sep 17, 2012
About as well as I'd take it by being being beaten by a guy, which is ok... yes I know I'm a killjoy.... No I won't stop it

Khrowley

Feb 4, 2012
I'm the youngest in my family and I've got two sisters plus their friends (all female) who've I come to know and love as family as well. We all enjoy a variety of games; one sister and I have a tradition of playing a complete Halo story mode on Thanksgiving. In the beginning it was a childhood friend of mine (male) and my dad who got me started on games but it was my sisters who carried it into becoming a major part of my life. Hell I used to fall asleep underneath my eldest sister's chair watching her play RPGs late into the night. All these memories have all taught me one clear thing; people can enjoy games because that's who they are, not what.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
I would love to clarify a reason but I honestly just don't care about gender in video games at all. Just think about how she beat me and learn from it like anything else, say gg and leave.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
If I girl beats me in a video game, I only have 3 questions for her, which work like code...only asking the next question if the previous was in the affirmative.

1: Are you straight?
2: Are you single??
3: Will you give me your number??

:)

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
I take it the same way as if I was beaten by a guy. In fact I get backstabbed fairly often by a regular on one of my TF2 servers that IS a woman and it doesn't change much.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
If girl's team wins then I either it in on my enemies if I'm on her team, or rub it in on my team mates if she's on the other.

I personally couldn't care, but I love it when other people get all angsty over it.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Same way I react to being beaten by anybody: I don't. Because it doesn't happen!

Nah, I'm with most of the others here; I don't give a fuck. I think the people who shout sexist insults and so on are genuinely the minority but their so loud and obnoxious that it seems like there's more of them. I mean, sexism in games is obviously a problem but I can't help but feel that some of this is due to the huge amount of attention we give these people.

Also, maybe the fact that you, or any girl, gets so much negative feedback is because that's pretty much all the feedback you get. Wait, I can make sense of that... Most people might not have anything to say. They just move on to the next game. But the minority of people will have something to say because that's the sort of people they are. Even if I have a legitimate complaint (noob tubers and campers, am I right?!?) I tend to just "up my game" and try to fuck up ALL their shit. Well, I try.

How much feedback overall do you get? Do you get these guys shouting at you every match? Are they the same guys or in the same clans?

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
Yeah, not really a big problem for me.

I have to get used to it. Girlfriend is an amazing gamer and not just the casual stuff.