How do you take being beat by a girl On games?

Deverfro

Aug 2, 2009
Frankly I don;t care who beats me in games. Its the person, more than anything. If they act like an arrogant prick then yeah, I feel my game has been spoiled. So yeah, I'm sure most people online could trounce me at any game (especially TF2) I'm not online that much...actually I'm rarely online...so yeah, If I;ve had fun, don't care if I win or loose.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
Xzithelost said:
And usually When i beat people they try and add me and Kiss my arse
This isn't so much because you are a girl as it is because you are good. Anytime I do significantly well in a match, I get invited to at least a few groups and sometimes get friend requests as well.

OT: Doesn't really matter to me. I'm not the best gamer in the world and I know that. I'm not the worst either. I'm average. Some people will do better than me. That is life. Doesn't matter if they are a boy or a girl as no gender has an inherent videogame skill. Men tend to have more muscular strength than girls, at least historically, which is why being beaten by a girl in sports is supposed to be humiliating (Not that I have an issue with this either, I can't wear my glasses when I play most sports and I can't see shit without them so I'm basically running blind). No such thing applies to games so it isn't weird for me at all.

More interesting question is how guys react to beating girls. A lot of guys have that idea of chivalry that kicks in if they beat a girl too badly and they feel guilty. Doesn't happen to me unless I'm playing something with my girlfriend. She enjoys gaming, but shes not the best so I try to go a bit easy on her so that we both have more fun.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
i don't care about the gender of the person who beat me in a game. i treat both genders the same
i know that matters to some people out there but they must be more immature then i am

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
I lost a game to a girl once, that I know of, but probably beat by many more I was unaware of. It doesn't bother me, but being beat by 12 year olds does when they're not taking the game seriously enough.

That rarely happens though. I just don't lose ;)

She was the worst player on her team. Halo 3, bunch of American 50's and her at rank 20-odd, in team objective vs my friends and I at rank 25-odd. That's Trueskill ranking system for you though.

They beat us by a fair bit, and the cross-atlantic American connection didn't help. They were all being arseholes too yelling "Haha you got beat by a girl!" "You all fucking suck." "Go play a different game - give up Halo!" and she was laughing and trashing along with it. The fact we lost didn't both me, but the fact these people were rolling in their victory over a disadvantaged and severely less-good team pissed me off, and she was a contributing member of it.

I was pissed off at them all equally. It was one of the most scumbag teams I've ever fought against in an online game, but I remember it clearly because they were trash talking as though being beat by a girl is something to be ashamed of, and she was loving it too.

But for the most part I don't care who I beat/who beats me online. Your gender and race and nationality isn't something to form opinions over, it's how you play and communicate that matters...

[small]Though there are trends between certain nationalities and play styles. Italians are generally the dirtiest players online, for instance, doing borderline-impressive but dirty-as-hell techniques to win, and Germans are inhuman at twitch-shooters.[/small]

Dan Steele

Jul 30, 2010
I dont mind, so long as you are not a dick about it. If you're the type of female gamer to start bragging you beat me because you're a girl, I will automatically hate you. If you aren't, I respect you as a fellow gamer because If you beat me it was because of skill, practice, and dedication, and for that I don't realy mind. Remember, gaming is limited to no gender, otherwise I would be getting killed by men and woman, not skilled players.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
Xzithelost said:
by a girl gamer and know it's a "Girl" For sure.
The only time I can remember being beaten by a girl in a video game is while playing Wii games in a party sort of environment with alcohol. I don't know about you, but I barely consider the Wii a functional device let alone a video game console simply because the controls are so incredibly loose that you could probably win or lose by taping the whole remote to a cat and pointing a laser pointer on the ground. Because of this I don't consider winning or losing on the Wii to have any correlation to the effort or concentration applied. You could tell me that you're the world champion in Wii darts and it wouldn't mean anything to me because the control doesn't allow you to be accurate enough for that to be anything but a little practice and a lot of luck.

I'm sure I must have been beaten and will be beaten again by girls considering at least 30% of gamers are girls, but I've never known that any of them were "for sure girls". It seems that revealing that fact just opens you up for trolling in most videogames.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
the same way as I feel when I get beat by a boy/man.
there were times when me and my sister played Unreal Tournament a lot. and I mean A LOT. on the few occations that we played against each other (we had only one PC at home at that time, so it was kind of difficult to arrange), she sometimes managed to beat me (that is "i was actually pretty damn good, and despite that she managed to win") I was angry. Somewhat more than when my neighbor beat me - because she was somewhat worse than him. But yes, she was my sister. If some non-family-related girl beat me, I'd probably be stoked to get to know her at least a little, out of curiosity (which I have always), and faint hope that I'd have something to talk about with her, and play with her, and so on. Yeah, I'm a pretty lonely guy, although I usually try to hide it :-D.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
I play fighting games all the time with girl's problem is it's never balanced. They can always beat me at marvel vs capcom and I always beat hem at Soul Caliber, so there is no issue because there is a skill difference because we own the games.

I do get a little flustered when I play gun dam extreme vs and lose, mostly becuase I usally play on random and they always choose the overpowered suits, so in theory it balances the gameplay, but it gets boring for me and they win more, but If I choose a character I win, terribly hard.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Never happened as far as I can remember. I was almost beaten by a gal once but nah, I usually win anyway.

In fact no, I have been beaten by a gal once. She had the most horrendously sweet and she bet me by 1 point. I was pissed cuz I lost but not cuz she was a gal. She gloated for the entire after match thingy, "who's the ***** now?" sorta thing. It was fucking golden, she was amazing. Well as amazing as you can be if you use a shotgun in Tehran Highway on Rush...

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I give zero fucks, because people need to stop giving a fuck about things either gender can and can't do.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
TheKasp said:
Zanderinfal said:
Well that there's your problem! TF2 almost ALWAYS has immature assholes on 24/7, of course not counting the few "mature" people like a few of my friends I play with. On that game people are either calling eachother fagots or are trading for items, but criminally under or over pricing said items.

And Mother of God the children!
Only if you are to lazy to find some good moderated servers... On my regular people are quite nice to each other up to the extend of congratulating on nice shots.

You seem to think that in TF2 people are forced to play on servers with assholes but unlike in games using p2p and lobby systems (like Space Marine for example) you do have a choice.

Oh btw, how is your sex life? *hint hint*
Well, it has been a very long time since I played TF2 anyways, but from what I saw the community was getting worse day by day. That's just my 2 cents however.

My sex life? Nonexistent, I am 14.

Fredvdp

Apr 9, 2009
I don't mind being beaten by anyone. I prefer to win, of course, but I'm not the most skilled player so I'm fine with it. Someone's sex doesn't matter to me.

shrimpcel

Sep 5, 2011
My ex was either better than me at some video games, or an incredibly sore loser when she wasn't.

I didn't care either way, let her win at the games I was better at.

PeterMerkin69

Dec 2, 2012
I probably wouldn't care any more than when men beat me. They're just people, after all.

On the other hand, killing women isn't the same as killing men. It's more fun. If I know a woman is playing I'm compelled to single her out and kill her as much as possible, even at the expense of suicide or dying. It's nice. It's like a game within a game, and the quarry is worthier.