How do you take being beat by a girl On games?

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
One time I know for a 100% fact I was loosing to a girl was during a few rounds of Resistance 2 beta before we shifted to the same team and actually slipped in to working closely together (as in not the attacking the enemy but actually supporting each other during the mission) After a while she cleared a spot on her friends list (PSN has a friend list limit if didn't know.) and continued to have converse with each other during rounds sometimes to the point of not even talking about strategy(usually because no one else on the team had a headset in or wasn't chiming in at least) We even started I even started Sniper hunting as an Anti-Sniper a few times when ***~*Misery noticed a stand-out enemy Sniper racking up a few to many kills and not enough deaths by giving me his latest position and cover fire.I didn't know her long but I was always happier to have her as an Ally rather than an Enemy.

Oh when she [/i]was[/i] against me I think she might of been beating me consistently as I had to act as a lone soldier due to limited team work on my teams up till the turning point we joined teams randomly. So to answer the OP question more directly If they win honorably I might not go out of my way to congratulate an enemy top scorer but I'd never call someones race/gender/sexual orientation/etc. out as a negative.

But if someone wants to blame me for out smarting them I can't say I'd take it passively.(Barring the above of course.)

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
I'd do what I do whenever I get beaten down by another player. Hunt them down and give them a head shot right between the eyes. Then I'd proceed to do the "Player got owned" dance where I equip something large and sharp and run around slashing at the rest of the team whilst playing fitting music. Now all jokes aside, I just play as normal. Take a lesson from what I did wrong that got me killed then try and better my playstyle... but there are times where you just don't want to learn. :3 *Runs around shooting da everything*

Though I recall one funny instance that occurred earlier this year when I was playing Tekken 4 with a female friend of mine. I chose Violet/Lee and then proceeded to spam his most spammiest and annoying high to low kick sweep attack that is so very OP and hard to block but is excellent for chaining and proceed to beat her over and over again. At one point she yelled out "Argh", began wringing the controller before punching me in the shoulder and telling me to stop cheating whilst I was chuckling all the while. I then chose Yoshimitsu and beat her again. :3

KindOfnElf

Mar 15, 2010
Well I am a girl and I do beat a lot of guys daily on League of Legends, being a player that has a shiny frame around her champ loading screen and a nice badge on the corner of it. No one can tell by my nick if I am a guy or a girl and I never point it out unless I find it fitting to trol someone or annoy them when they lose and rage in cross team chat xD
Reactions differ though... I made a lot of friends that are thrilled sole by the fact that I am a female so they can brag they have a girl on the team xD Either way, I guess it's fun because there is still this ridiculous stigma that there are OMG GURL GAMER OMG U SUCK GO TO KITCHEN LOL OMG -_- yup, sometimes you get even that.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Keoul said:
I get motivated.

For me, I don't really care. Competition is competition. I know someone is better than me, at any given time, at somethings; if it happens to be a woman, then so be it. If it turns out that she's not only good at games but good mannered, I respond thusly:

"Rematch. My place. 10:30pm. I'll have dark fudge brownies."

That's gotten quite a chuckle from some ladies.

Sep 14, 2009
i couldn't care less either way, i've had my ass handed to me like crazy playing scrabble/wheel of fortune games by girls and my ex girlfriend could walk all over me in WoW (never actually competed, but what little i played she smoked me in DPS and what not) otherwise don't actively encounter girls in games (knowingly)

either way, doesn't bother me, a player is a player, they could be a 5 armed turian for all i care (although i would call bullshit on them having an advantage to use all their arms while we play)

Sinisterspider

Sep 7, 2008
Same way I take being beaten by anyone else, by judging how they act.
If they're a tool I ignore them, if they seem cool I say good job.
Personally I don't think gender has anything to do with ability.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
I've never had a problem with this. I'm terrible at most competitive games and lose regularly to both men and women, online and in person, and it's honestly never bothered me. I usually don't say anything about it either way and just keep playing, unless the person I'm playing against is so much better than me that it's not even fun to try against them, in which case I just give up and go do something else.

I apologize if this does not answer the question being asked, but the grammar, spelling, punctuation and capitalization in the OP are so atrocious that I cannot be entirely certain of what is being said.

Monkey Revenge

Apr 1, 2010
To me a player is a player. Only time I get competitive though is when playing against friends. Though I don't play many online games competitively, I just don't care for the anonymous animosity that comes out of it. I did play a TON of TFC back a long time ago, but I played in clans then and there just seemed to be less malice.

But speaking of TF2, girls and a combination of those things, I will say one thing that does frustrate me. While I don't play much TF2 I do have some rare tradable items and hats since I was there from the beginning of TF2. And every couple weeks I have someone friend request me on steam with a "cute girl icon" thats hoping I will just give them/trade them for one of my hats. That is what is frustrating to me, those are people I assume are slobbish guys trying to get an edge by pretending to be a girl. I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

Back to the initial question though. When I do play TF2 I dont even try to attach a gender to character,...hell I don't even take the time to pronounce the names, to me its more like..."stupid Zoemphphph sniper person", usually referring to them by just the first syllable. It really doesn't matter to me if your'e a guy, girl, or president obama in TF2, just don't try using what you as an advantage when the what doesn't matter at all.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
I take it the same, no matter who beats me. If another girl beats me and gets crap from others, I'll pipe up in support - it always helps to have another female backing you up when there's a sore loser in the group, but, honestly... I don't care who beats me. I usually suck at multiplayer, so everyone beats me anyway. If a kid beats me I think I'm pretty pathetic, but my mother, sister and I have all always been gamers, so I've been beaten by every kind of person imaginable by now. Gender, race, creed, etc. have no effect on my gaming experience.

mionic

May 22, 2011
Meh, I react as I'd react being beaten by a male, that is, not at all. I suck at games like TF2 (Although i love TF2), so failing is part of it for me.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
Probably the same way I'd take getting beat by a guy, if it was a fair fight I'd probably just get ready for the next round and try to do better, if it wasn't a fair fight or I was in a shitty mood or something else I'd probably rant to myself in my head and maybe utter a swear or two but unless I'm working with my team or I'm in a party my mic is off so no one knows I'm wondering why I was cursed to suck that round.

But if I'm in a competition with someone on the other team like say for example we both keep trying to knife each other even if I lose the match I'll still send them a message saying something like good game or good job stabbing me I should start paying attention to behind me.

Whether it's a guy or girl doesn't matter to me mostly because I can admit when someone beat me and whether their male or female makes no difference.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I have a friend who is a girl who pwns me at shooters all day every day.

If I had an issue with that, we wouldn't be friends now, would we? :p

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Xzithelost said:
Now i play Alot of TF2 over 2000 hours And I use my real name as my online ID (Zoey)
And of course i get the Blah blah blah Your a Fat guy Acting like a girl And i never respond to people when they ask me my Gender But i wanna know how you feel if you get better by a girl gamer and know it's a "Girl" For sure.
And usually When i beat people they try and add me and Kiss my arse F**k sake i know real life girls are scary but jeez :3

Captcha: Which one is yellow?
The same way I react when anyone else beats me, whether they be male, female, transgender, White, black, Japanese, Cristian, Islam, or republican. For me gender, race, philosophy, religion, etc have nothing to do with a persons ability to play a game and it really has no place in gaming. People from all walks of life are gamers, thats just the reality of our world

However this is the thing that I often see escapes female gamers. Young teenage and early 20s guys dont lash out necessarily because someones female, they do that to everyone. Ripping on your friends is kind of a timeless tradition of male bonding. I would argue that in most cases these "insults" are them trying to include you in their online social circle. Im sure there are cases where these "attacks" are outright evil and have true malicious intent behind them but I think they would be in the minority

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
It doesn't really happen all that often, but then again I also don't lose online games that often either (not showing off, I just don't play the ones that I am bad at).

I wouldn't care who beat me, as long as they don't act like a jerk about it. If the girl started with "You just got beaten by a girl" or something similar, then I'd be annoyed at that, but not by actually being beaten by them.

Not that something like that being said by a girl is particularly common.

Windcaler said:
However this is the thing that I often see escapes female gamers. Young teenage and early 20s guys dont lash out necessarily because someones female, they do that to everyone. Ripping on your friends is kind of a timeless tradition of male bonding. I would argue that in most cases these "insults" are them trying to include you in their online social circle. Im sure there are cases where these "attacks" are outright evil and have true malicious intent behind them but I think they would be in the minority
This is a point I like to make also. Being insulted by guys does not necessarily mean you are insulted because you are a girl. Unless you know how they react to other guys, it's best to assume that they are a simply a jerk, or merely bantering, as opposed to being sexist/misogynistic.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Gender to me is irrelevant. I will be more likely to target the player for my revenge in the match though xP

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
I really couldn't care less. I don't use a microphone for Xbox because I value my sanity (the only people who talk publicly in chat are always shouting in shrill voices) so the only way I would recognise them is through their username, which I really don't notice or associate it with a male or female. It wouldn't bother me anyway though, why would it. If someone is better than me, they're better than me, Getting beaten really doesn't bother me, I actually don't notice most of the time

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
Draech said:
Turned on

Oh crap that was out loud.
Yeah.. I think I would be too xD
If my girlfriend beat me at a game, she would just turn me on even more than she already does.