How do you take being beat by a girl On games?

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
I played occassionally with my younger sister when we were kids so she probably won a few rounds. But with online gaming, probably when I started playing Left 4 Dead, that's the first online game I played with female players I was aware of (I'm more inclined to wear my headset with that game). I noticed that women don't seem to have the same built-in Rambo impulses as many careless male players, they usually made for worthy opponents or team mates.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I just avoid playing with girls all together, all the ones I have met on steam are the typical "grlll gaymer" types.

I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but I have yet to meet any.
I am though, very antisocial and picky when it comes to who I associate with.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Everyone annihilates me whenever I play online so I don't have time to sort them into gender, creed or favourite song.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
If getting killed by a girl gets your knickers in a bind, you probably shouldn't be playing games online to begin with. In the world of competitive online multiplayer, gender means nil. All are players of the game, the only thing that matters is ability and discretion.

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Nope, I don't care, couple of my best friends not only female, but can hammer me at some genres.

One I refuse to play fighting games against as she will beat me, no matter who we play as and what game it is.

And the other beats me most of the time in racing games and we're about equal in shooters, but she tends to come out on top that bit more as she plays more of them than i do.

So no, I have no problem with been beaten at games by a girl, it's been happening to me for years now, if they're fun to play with/against in games, male or female, then I will happily play with them.

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
Considering I play online games on the Xbox 360 and I am always in a Party Chat (regardless if I have friends on or not) and therefore cannot hear anyone talking, nor do I pay attention to gamer tags (which usually end up being "xXx420AwesomeSniper69xXx" anyway), I have no idea whether I am beat by a girl or a guy. In the rare event that I am not in a party, usually hearing a girl means she's on my team (since I almost never play Free-For-All game types) and the question ends up being "Is she going to be an asset to the team, or a hindrance?"

To answer your question OP, it doesn't matter to me what gender the person that beats me is since I have no way of knowing like 99% of the time, all I know is that I hate them regardless.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
No differently to how I react when a guy beats me: I lean over and punch them in the face. [/bad joke]

Yeah it makes no difference to me if the person who beat me has different genitals to me. If anything it's a surprise one of my friends beat me at something, regardless of gender.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Considering I will be female (coincidentally, also Zoe) soon enough... I can't really respond to the question. I never did (that I remember) respond negatively to playing against (or losing to) a girl in the past, though.

I think it's a matter of maturity. Like it or not, many teenagers play games, and most act like teenagers at some time in their lives. Typically when they're between the ages of 12 and 19. It's not really their fault, to be honest. Just give it a few years, and they'll grow up.

CellShaded

Aug 8, 2009
Ah, see, I usually don't mind losing to anyone. However! Me and my Girlfriend (God, that start to the sentence really bothers me.) play alot of games against each other, since there's not that many co-op games that we can both enjoy. The usual game we end up playing is either BlazBlue or Soul Calibur, and she gets reaaaally aggressive while we play. Especially if I win(even if just once), then she tends to toss the controller aside and seethe for a bit. When that happens, I just basically beg her to pick up her controller so we could play again. But if she wins she tends to rub it in my face. Alot. This includes a snarky laugh, comments, and a little victory dance. If anything, that bothers me, and not the fact that she won.

CityofTreez

Sep 2, 2011
I, uh, don't think about it.

Am I supposed to cry if a girl beats me in a video games or something?

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Same as normal. A player is a player. Also I don't see why people add girls they know nothing about on the interet, should you have AT LEAST listen to what they said during the game maybe even, I dunno, spoken to them?

Splyth

Jan 30, 2009
Country
United States
I suck at FPS. love them but suck at them.

And frankly you took the time to hone that skill set
I didn't. So if you clobber me that's kind of par for
the course

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Me girl
Me don't give a monkeys what people think of me online
Me give even less monkeys if boys can't cope with me beating them at games
Me drunk too much wine tonight, can still kick ass on ME multiplayer!