how long have you been on forums?

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
It's been an on and off thing for me, but the first one for me was Gamefaqs around 2005-06, mostly in the yet to be released Guns of the Patriots boards. That was my first time posting on a forum and my first time posting stuff in english.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
About three years now, but this is the first forum I've properly got in to.

Before this, I used to lurk at The Vault and got into a discussion over what caused the crater in Megaton.

TheHecatomb

May 7, 2008
I think about 8-ish years ago. Not entirely sure which forum though. Probably some local heavy metal board.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Almost 2 years...but spread out, I don't really get around to posting more than a couple of times per week.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Jedamethis said:
brandon237 said:
Jedamethis said:
This was my first one. So that date down below my avatar.
Same here, I always looked at the layout of other forms and wanted to puke... so this one it was :p
And you have only been here a year more than I have, where the hell did those posts come from??? You are a beast.

staika said:
The date below my avatar is when I started posting on forums >.>

This is the only forum I post in mostly because I like the community and partly because I'm too lazy to find another one >.>
You are also posting like mad... a few weeks ago I had never seen you, and now you are everywhere, early and have just about caught me O.O
You are both hiding something from me... must I eat the baby seal to add points to my posting speed skill?
Psst. Most of it is chatter from groups such as this one. *not so sly plug*

And yes. You must hug and then devour an entire seal to gain entry.
You... are awesome. That group likes kinda creepy with all the girls covered in blood... Creepy is AWESOME! I have joined... damn pluggers :p

The whole thing? Do you know how bad seal-bladders taste?!

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
I started out with Yahoo Answers R&S board, then moved to Warseer for 700 posts or so. Now I'm here.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
staika said:
brandon237 said:
staika said:
brandon237 said:
staika said:

This is the only forum I post in mostly because I like the community and partly because I'm too lazy to find another one >.>
You are also posting like mad... a few weeks ago I had never seen you, and now you are everywhere, early and have just about caught me O.O
You are both hiding something from me... must I eat the baby seal to add points to my posting speed skill?
Well I joined the Pub Club met some people, I then got into the forum games and have been posting a lot there. Also once you learn how to make avatars you become one of the more popular people around >.>

That and my new avatar catches peoples eye and I've become more noticeable because of it. But yes I have been posting a lot, less then a month ago I was below 1000 posts, must have been the stuff they put in my water >.>
Aah, I'm guessing that for the avatar it was Ninja picture with many many gradient flares and lens flares, followed by NyanCat, followed by more flares, followed by... freaky mummy pic thing? I have been wondering for a while if I should add some glowing / flashing moving to my Maul... what do you think?

And you are going to have Neo in no time flat minus a second or two.
It's a ninja with different glowing eye effects with a frame of nyancat and if you look really closely the nyancat has glowing pink eyes, and a frame of a pirate holding a gun and he has red glowing eyes.

Boy I hope I get the neo badge, that's my goal I just have to make sure not to piss off any mod or post anything bad >.>

I think avatars are generally better with glowing eyes and I'd think it'd be better if you went the gif way but I think it would have to be with a different picture since the one you have doesn't look like it'd look good with glowing eyes D:
I cannot see teh glowing pink eyes I'm afraid, it is too fast for that.

I'm sure you'll get Neo, you have been raping most Escapists with posting speed recently, and you seem to have a cool head from what I have noticed, rather unlike myself on Religion & Politics :p

Don't worry, I wouldn't try to add glow to this icon-y thing, maybe I should spin the centre-piece for my first gif, then I will get a nice glowing one.

Nov 28, 2007
I've been on forums for 9 years now. Surprised it's been that long. I didn't start here, obviously. I started on GameFAQs, which I have since abandoned without a backwards glance.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Longer then some I'd say.

If I remember correctly my first post was a joke saying that the majority of final fantasy charecters come off girlish. I was then ridiculed and taken seriously.

In the persons defense I wasn't good at communicating on large forums, as all of my prior forums were for clans in which I was part of the scrim tournament team way back when I actually had good internet. Essentially these were people I already knew before I signed up on the forums, and they knew me pretty well. I wasn't used to posting in a great sea of people, none of which I knew.

I still had problems getting people to understand me so I just turned to a more joking nature. I sometimes go srs business mode, but most of the time it's a light hearted attitude

Now a days I lurk. Not really all that interested in dipping back into the community, and frankly I think it's a good thing. The community has changed for me, and I see more negative then good so I think it's best to just browse and look at the change.

Because of all of this, I'd say the Escapist was my first, and most likely last forum. Except for maybe reddit if I get into that.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
brandon237 said:
staika said:
brandon237 said:
staika said:
brandon237 said:
staika said:

Well I joined the Pub Club met some people, I then got into the forum games and have been posting a lot there. Also once you learn how to make avatars you become one of the more popular people around >.>

That and my new avatar catches peoples eye and I've become more noticeable because of it. But yes I have been posting a lot, less then a month ago I was below 1000 posts, must have been the stuff they put in my water >.>
Aah, I'm guessing that for the avatar it was Ninja picture with many many gradient flares and lens flares, followed by NyanCat, followed by more flares, followed by... freaky mummy pic thing? I have been wondering for a while if I should add some glowing / flashing moving to my Maul... what do you think?

And you are going to have Neo in no time flat minus a second or two.
It's a ninja with different glowing eye effects with a frame of nyancat and if you look really closely the nyancat has glowing pink eyes, and a frame of a pirate holding a gun and he has red glowing eyes.

Boy I hope I get the neo badge, that's my goal I just have to make sure not to piss off any mod or post anything bad >.>

I think avatars are generally better with glowing eyes and I'd think it'd be better if you went the gif way but I think it would have to be with a different picture since the one you have doesn't look like it'd look good with glowing eyes D:
I cannot see teh glowing pink eyes I'm afraid, it is too fast for that.

I'm sure you'll get Neo, you have been raping most Escapists with posting speed recently, and you seem to have a cool head from what I have noticed, rather unlike myself on Religion & Politics :p

Don't worry, I wouldn't try to add glow to this icon-y thing, maybe I should spin the centre-piece for my first gif, then I will get a nice glowing one.
That's why I don't go on the R&P section, it's all flame bait for me there and I have written out many long three page essays as responses and then I just delete them because it's overly mean or something :/

And spinning the image always sounded like it would be hard for me at first but I figured out how to do it, as well as zooming in on the avatar (that one was a little hard to figure out how to do). If you need any help with making it or you just want me to do it I can help ^-^

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I only really started posting actively here 3 months after I made the account.

Oh and this has been my only forum thus far.

Southpaw Samurai

Mar 2, 2010
I'm a dinosaur dating back to local dial-up BBS forums, QuantumLink forums, and newsgroups. Sadly, some here are so young they'll have to look up any of these to know what I'm talking about. :p

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010

I pretty much stop by a couple times a day, to see if there is anything new since the last time, but I don't always post.

Jun 11, 2008
Well I've been coming here since Yahtzee's 6th or 7thish video. It was definitely in the first 10 and I've been on the forum for Three years and 3 months. If you mean in general I really have no idea probably about 6 years? I really don't know.

imperialus

Apr 20, 2009
Dial up BBS on a 14.4 baud modem for a play by post Diplomacy game... 23... years ago now... To be fair it was mostly my dad playing. I just thought it was really cool that real people were sending messages to his computer.

As for when I first took the plunge into forum (like) posting it was rec.games.frp.dnd back in 1990ish.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Apparently I've been here since 6 Jan 2011, so that's nearly 9 months, though I did lurk about a bit beforehand. Time flies.