How many discs has your xbox 360 ruined?

Safaia

Sep 24, 2010
My brother ruined my first disc to Lost Odssey which was annoying. I personally have no. You don't move it while the system is one.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
None, although i thought my older model had burned a lot of them, turns out the laser was working properly, got an elite now and all my disks work fine (feel sorry the ones i binned like because i thought they were dead, had to buy them again >.< )

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Johnnyallstar said:
Zero. Mine made a funny sound while vertical, and since I laid it flat it's been fine.
I think that's the problem many people have, and as soon as a disk breaks it's Microsofts fault :p

(For flamers, i said MANY not all >.>)

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
none, but my brothers have broken a dead rising, dead rising 2, call of duty modern warfare 2, aaaaaaaaand that's it.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Never any. Even after I accidentally put two disks in at once. Twice.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Abandon4093 said:
arc1991 said:
Johnnyallstar said:
Zero. Mine made a funny sound while vertical, and since I laid it flat it's been fine.
I think that's the problem many people have, and as soon as a disk breaks it's Microsofts fault :p

It doesn't vent aswell when you lie it down flat though. That's what leads to a lot of RRoD's.

I just install games I'm going to spend a lot of time on now. Cuts the risk of scratching out without risking the heat syncs.
I installed one game before, but i still needed the disk :L

Am i doing it wrong? =\

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
arc1991 said:
Abandon4093 said:
arc1991 said:
Johnnyallstar said:

It doesn't vent aswell when you lie it down flat though. That's what leads to a lot of RRoD's.

I just install games I'm going to spend a lot of time on now. Cuts the risk of scratching out without risking the heat syncs.

Am i doing it wrong? =\
It needs the disc, but it will only spin it to make sure it's the correct disc. Once the game starts up it's playing from your hard drive (and the disc won't spin again). You can't remove a disc while playing either (as that forces the game to quit). It's just a pirating/sharing counter measure.

OT: Not one. From my understanding, only human error can cause a disc to be eaten. And I treat anything I have like it's made of glass (it's just something I like to do). I use everything I have, I'm just careful (and know that even if the console is 'protected' from disc eating you still shouldn't move it while it's spinning while it's on a disc or even just).

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
lovest harding said:
arc1991 said:
Abandon4093 said:
arc1991 said:
Johnnyallstar said:

Am i doing it wrong? =\
It needs the disc, but it will only spin it to make sure it's the correct disc. Once the game starts up it's playing from your hard drive (and the disc won't spin again). You can't remove a disc while playing either (as that forces the game to quit). It's just a pirating/sharing counter measure.
Abandon4093 said:
arc1991 said:
Abandon4093 said:
arc1991 said:
Johnnyallstar said:

Am i doing it wrong? =\
You still need the disk, that's to stop people from just trading it in once it's installed. But it doesn't ride your disk like a whore at a rodeo if it's installed too. Just reads the bootcode I think. Then plays from the HD.
Oooh that makes sense xD cheers guys!

*Starts putting games on the HD drive*

felix1942

Sep 8, 2010
my old xbox360 destroyed like 4 my new one has not yet the reason for old one first time because it didn't I know about the disc ring thingy and it tilted and I was sad and I lost my cod3(favorite of the series so far) :< and the rest were just random like one example my neighbors had a party and i live in a duplex and i was playing halo 3 and all of sudden CRACAFHSH and disc got a ring and so on random stuff like that

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
none... I think the only time it has come close was when I tipped it up when the disc was running inside it, but that would have been my own fault not the consoles.