How many discs has your xbox 360 ruined?

DSK-

May 13, 2010
None thus far and I've had it a while. I'm pretty sure the 360 slim I bought my brother may have damaged disks, but that's because he's a fucking idiot and moves it around when it's spinning.

Aug 25, 2009
It ruined one of my disks because I accidentally knocked it off the edge of the table (I hadn't noticed how close it was to the edge) It was shame because it was Just Cause 1, which I actually quite liked.

But it's never messed any of them up just sitting still, and I take extra care now to make sure it's stable.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I've never had it eat any discs but I also never move it while its on, or stand it on its side. Standing a 360 up on its side is dangerous, because if something so much as falls in your house and knocks the disc off the tray... -crunch-

Come to think of it I've never had any hardware issues with my 360, and I got it back in 2005.

chach_face

Mar 2, 2010
My xbox didn't break the games, but the cases did. It was Gears one and Elder Scrolls 4, I think it was the design of the center popping out of the case mechanism. It only happened with those early games, which developed a crack coming out of the center. This happen to anyone else?

SlasherX

Jul 8, 2009
Well, I'm not a fucking retard so I don't move my Xbox when it is on but a friend of mine came over and yanked my Xbox off it's shelf with a Rock Band guitar and broke my Rock Band. So 1 and it wasn't even me.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
Mine hasn't ruined any of my discs and I've have it for 4 years now.
It didn't even ruin a disk that time I accidentally put 2 disks in at once.

SulfuricDonut

Feb 25, 2009
My Xbox has never harmed any disc and I've had it for years.

Then again I don't pick it up and dance with it while it's running.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
1 disc. Tales of Vesperia. It happened when my friend borrowed my xbox and didn't take the disc out during transport. It was a sad day for me since I hadn't finished the game yet. I bought a new one ASAP.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Not a single one, not one of the 6 xbox360's that redringed in the 5 month span nor the one I've had since has eaten any discs.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
chris_ninety1 said:
None, although...

KefkaCultist said:
Mine ruined 1 disc which was Call of Duty Modern 4: Modern Warfare. I had the 360 standing vertically and my friend tripped over a cable plugged into it and knocked it over.

Wasn't even my copy of the game so I had to pay the friend I borrowed it from a new copy.
... wait, was the friend who owned the game the same friend who tripped over the cable? Make him pay for his own sodding copy if that's the case. And if it was a different friend, I hope you de-friended his clumsy ass until he reimburses you.
Nah, different friends and they didn't even know each other otherwise I would say he pay for his own stupidity.

He paid me back in being my ***** so it all worked out lol.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
I don't own an 360, but my brothers ruined at least 3 rental games, and one friends copy of Operation Flashpoint.

Thatguyky

May 23, 2011
I haven't had my 360 damage any of my disks. I'm actually surprised it's still running. I've had it for three and a half years now, and about a year ago I had the "red rings". Somehow it magically healed itself three days later (whoo!).