How many languages do you know?

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Dutch
English (I'm better at it than Dutch, actually... since it's a richer language)
French (passively, I'm not good at speaking it at all)

And I understand some German and Spanish.

Latin won't count as a proper language, I suppose.

EDIT: oh, and Flemish, I suppose. West-Flemish is quite different from Dutch, since I have to repeat nearly everything I say if I happen to forget that I'm talking to a non-west-flemish person

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
Neonbob said:
I only know one and a quarter.
English and Latin.
I say a quarter because I can kinda read Latin, but only if I have some kind of translation for the tougher ones in the back.
I cannot write it to save my life, and speaking it is right out.

Hooray for being the first ignorant American on the thread?
YES! Another Latin person! \o/ Our teacher was really great at teaching pronunciation, and she always made us read passages aloud, so if I got teleported to Ancient Rome, I'd probably get away with being extremely retarded rather than mute. :p Do they use the Cambridge Latin Course in America (with Caecilius... <3)?

OT: I speak English and French because I'm Canadian, although hold the French because if I actually went to Quebec, the stuff I learned in Ontario-school wouldn't help me one bit. You'd have to go hunting for a Canadian French blog to supplement, or write all your exercises without vowels. Between the French and the Latin, though, I can understand a lot of Spanish, but I can't speak it because I've had no lessons. Oh, and I know a little bit of Ancient Greek, but I've probably forgotten it all now (it was a lunch course, nobody took it that seriously). Annnd... I can sign the alphabet in ASL? xP

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Mi Hablar un POCO Espana

Poque, para cuatro semanas, estuve en Perú con mi diez-y-ocho amigos. Muy divertido!

Pero mi Espana is muy malo

I also speak English as a native

An' Scots. Aye, it'sit's ooon langwage ye ken? I bat ye didnae ken that, y'wee Ned

Snuggle

Apr 28, 2009
Danish, English, Faroese.

Very basic knowledge of Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish.

Currently learning French and also plan on trying to learn Japanese

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
English, trying to learn japanese but for the life of me i dont know anyone who speaks it that i can have a conversation with, so retaining it becomes difficult

SlamDuncan

Aug 20, 2009
I think I'm the first person here who speaks Russian. (Quite a lot of it)
Also:
English (Fluent)
Spanish (A little)
French (More than Spanish but not fluent)

Captain Schpack

Apr 22, 2009
SakSak said:
crimsonyte said:
Rex Dark said:
Human languages: Dutch, English and French. (I want to learn Japanese.)
Programming Languages: Java, VB.Net, php, C++.
Aww, no Klingon? Would seem fun to say you also know an alien language =p
I instantly thought of this. Glory to LoadingReadyRun...

i lol'ed so hard

jamacian patwa and klingon and binary. XD

Paul

Aug 21, 2009
I don't know any language well. I can understand very, very basic Spanish and French. I'm not much better at German either. Basically, I'm picking up language skills at school and stuff.

Go on

Mar 11, 2009
English
Swedish
Turkish
Kurdish
French (in progress)

French is the only language i can't speak fluently in but im almost perfect with most of the others.

Golden Gryphon

Jun 10, 2009
Only English and I barely speak that fluently. I have absolutely no ear for languages.

I was in a Spanish immersion program in one of my primary schools but I promptly forgot most of it after leaving. I learned a little French in high school and I did a German GCSE but I don't really remember those either.

The only language I'd really like to learn is Latin but they didn't offer it at my school.

blipblop

May 21, 2009
Svenska
English
Sukoshi dake Nihongo ga wakarimasu

EDIT: I can read and write runes