How many languages do you know?

Blue22

Jul 17, 2009
GrinningManiac said:
Mi Hablar un POCO Espana

Poque, para cuatro semanas, estuve en Perú con mi diez-y-ocho amigos. Muy divertido!

Pero mi Espana is muy malo

I also speak English as a native

An' Scots. Aye, it'sit's ooon langwage ye ken? I bat ye didnae ken that, y'wee Ned
Scottish doesn't count. It's just a lazy English....sorta.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
English, spanish, german, french, & latin. i can understand almost everything that is said in other languages, even if i dont know them thanks to latin.

crimsonyte

Aug 12, 2009
aimhellfire said:
hey how long did it take you guys to speak a lanuguage fluently?
Really depends on the person and environment. I took 3 years of Mandarin in college and I only know how not to get lost. I can't really hold a conversation beyond talking like a kid. This is mainly because I had no one to practice with nor was I in a position where I was forced to use it. Likewise, I have a coworker who picked it up in roughly 3 years when he study abroad and was forced to use it.

Cairo

Mar 11, 2009
I am an American and have a kung fu grip on American English (which does exist). I also speak Spanish, which I learned in high school, and some German, which I learned in college. I plan on using Rosetta Stone to bone up on my German, though.

thebrainiac1

Jul 11, 2009
I speaks greats englesh, workable french, a little chinese, latin (if it counts), and I'm about to start italian.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Uh, English fluent, and French, German and Spanish up to GCSE level. (Ie long enough to survive for a week in said country, but not enough to hold a serious debate)

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
I only speak English fluently. I studied German for two years and can speak just barely enough that I might be able to get by (ish) in Germany, but probably not. Studied Latin for two years and I'm much more proficient in that, and I've studied a small bit of Icelandic on the side but my studying source was shit so I'm looking to find a new one.

And I also want to learn Hungarian.

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
Danish (perfect)
English (almost perfect)
German (far from perfect and I don't think it'll ever be)

Summarum

Dec 12, 2008
From best to worst.

Finnish
English
Swedish
Russian
Japanese

I have also studied latin and I have plans to study Spanish. People think that I love languages but I don't think so. I just happen to like some languages and I can study them for free.

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
Hm... I speak English fluently, and I know a little bit of French. I couldn't hold my own in a conversation, but I can understand small things. =-)