How many of you outside of the UK actually want to see the royal wedding?

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
The funniest thing about the Royal Wedding so far is that Buckingham Palace will be turning their lights off at midnight, and it's pissing the US journalists off, as when they go live in the morning when Americans start waking up, the palace will be pitch black! ^_^

I love when we do things like this!

My stance... I only really like HM The Queen, the rest of the royals don't interest me, and I probably would support abolishing the monarchy after she dies. I will watch the wedding, as I have nothing else to do. I love the pomp and ceremony, no other country on Earth does that as well as us! :)

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
I'm in the US and I'm completely disinterested. I'm a little disappointed in all those who are fawning over it, really. It's two people who are getting married - let them enjoy their day in peace and don't encourage those who want to turn it into a huge ordeal just to make money off of it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I have zero interest to watch even a minute of the ceremony. (1) I don't care about the personal lives of celebrities, (2) I don't care about weddings, and (3) I don't care about current events unless something different or wacky catches my attention.

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
British here
And Personally I don't just not care
I'm actually pretty angry about the whole thing
why do these posh bastards get such a massive shit given about them? why are they any better than any other person?
They can't justify themselves and this shitty wedding
which (as a taxpayer) I wasn't fucking invited to, despite having paid for it

It's more the fact that we're being TOLD to care about it
otherwise i wouldn't mind as much
I'm told to respect these people automatically, they don't need to earn it
I (and every other member of the united kingdom who doesn't happen to own their own county) have to go out and work hard to make lives for ourselves and we get nowhere near the amount of respect or credit that we all deserve.
But some royal inbred gets the most comfortable life possible just for being born into the right family
I don't understand why we still put up with the cunts

sorry for the angryness of that rant, I just have very strong views on the monarchy
i'm sure some of you disagree with me

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
CannibalRobots said:
Appearently, Americans are supposed to care about this stupid bullshit.
as an American i can honestly say, i could not fucking care less, think how much Yahtzee hate Cain an Lynch 2, and turn that hate into indifference, and you'll almost be where i am, sides, >.> don't royals marry they're cousins or something? we got that here, in the south :p

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Don't care I'll be avoiding all media outlets and street parties like the plague on the day. But hey I'm not going stick my nose on an extra day off

Spongebobdickpants

Oct 6, 2009
This shit cancelled my last school day. Now i would normally (and you would expect anyone to be) ecstatic at this prospect but my final school exams are coming up and id rather be in my school studying than home, well not. But im quoting Pendulums Blood Sugar when i say
"What you gonna do?"

OT: No i dont give a fuck and i live in the UK (scotland specifically).

Dukenstein

Jul 14, 2010
I will be watching it, it will be a historic event and I am a sucker for such things. I may not be British, but I am culturally educated.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Diamondback One said:
loc978 said:
(from the US) Even if I had TV service, I wouldn't watch it. Hell, even with presidential inaugurations, I only watch the highlights of the new president's speech. I care about governance, not figureheads.
Actually the President is a figurehead as well. The main power is Congress, which has power to deny simple things. Such as Congress denying America to join the League of Nations after The Great War, which would have been the early 20th centuries version of the United Nations. It may also have helped solve a lot of problems. But it doesn't matter, the President does have some power at least, but not a lot.
Precisely why I only watch the highlights. Each president makes an outline of his public ideals in the form of promises... then I track policy to see how much was actually accomplished.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
loc978 said:
Precisely why I only watch the highlights. Each president makes an outline of his public ideals in the form of promises... then I track policy to see how much was actually accomplished.
See, now that is smart, and at least someone here in America watches and judges instead of blindly following a president or believing a politician that they can change all the world's problems once elected. If more were like you, this country would at least have to use more logic in their campaign ads and Fox News would actually, y'know, have to research stuff.

Oh well, all we can do is try to teach people and hope. Lets get to work before the 2012 elections! *Internet high-five*

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
Oh, that's coming up? I'll be sure to get the time so I can skip it.

I really haven't heard a thing out of anybody I know over here in the US about this. I suppose we don't really care about the rest of the world unless it pertains directly to us.