How old are you and when did you start playing video-games.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Well, I was a lot older than everyone else here, when I started playing. I was ten and now I'm seventeen. My parents tried to prevent me from playing videogames, which kind of failed on their part. The lack of videogames made me even more fascinated with them than before.

MrFarquar

Mar 29, 2010
Im 27 and started playing video games when i was 6 or 7, Atari 2600 jr,Commodore 64, Amiga 1000, NES, Master System, Mega Drive, SNES, PS1, PS2, XBOX, XBOX 360.. my gaming history.. =]

The Journey

Jul 12, 2010
Hi everyone I'm The Journey. I'm 24 and I'm an addict.... wait wrong forum.

In all seriousness and on-topical goodness, I am actually 24 and have been playing games since I was about, what, six or seven I guess.

Earlier if you count cops and robbers and cluedo.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
I'm twenty and I've been playing vidya games since I was two, Sega-motherfucking-Genesis! (a.k.a. Mega Drive, but Genesis sounds cooler IMO)

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
War Penguin said:
Well, I was a lot older than everyone else here, when I started playing. I was ten and now I'm seventeen. My parents tried to prevent me from playing videogames, which kind of failed on their part. The lack of videogames made me even more fascinated with them than before.
Psychology is cool, isn't it?

What was your first system?

alexjones89

Nov 9, 2009
I'm 21 and I think I got my NES and Super Mario Bros when I was 4, didn't really get into gaming untill I was 7 or 8 though.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I'm 19, I've been playing probably sense I was around 7. Started with DOOM I & II and Heretic...

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Tinneh said:
War Penguin said:
Psychology is cool, isn't it?

What was your first system?
Indeed.

And my first system was a GBA. I think it was even an SP. Pretty late compared to a lot of people and their fist consoles. :p

evilartist

Nov 9, 2009
My dad got me an NES for my fourth birthday, although I may have played his Atari 2600 even before then.

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
18, and oh God, 5 I think? Video games have been a part of my life since I was old enough to know what they were. XD

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
I'm 31. The exact age I started is lost in the mists of antiquity, but the first game I remember playing was Scott Adams' "The Count" on the Vic-20.
Crom, I'm old.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
22, dont remmeber when i started playin games but my age was single-digited when i started.5 and upwards would be a rough estimate.

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
38. Started playing when I was 6-7 years old I believe. Pong was the first, then many many many quarters spent at the arcade. For those of you who don't know, an arcade was this place people used to go to play video games like Asteroids, PacMan, Q-Bert, BurgerTime, Defender etc...

Later on I went through the 2600, CollecoVision, C64, C128, Amiga 500, NES, PS1-3 and Mac computers.

:)

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I'm 22, and I started playing at the age of 6 or 7. Mortal Kombat II, round my cousin's house. I still have a great affection for that game. :D

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009
I'm 17 and i've been playing since I was 3... or 2... I'm not sure, but I remember that the kindergarder where I was, had this really old PC with Keen1, Formula game and a game we called Timatti (Diamond in english) in it.

Second great gaming related event happened when I was 5 years old, I think it was at my friends birthday party... Anyway, there i got to play Wolfenstein 3D! It was soo awesome, It was also that day when I truly became an hardcore gamer. One year later I got my very first console: Gameboy Color.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I am 15, and have been playing games since I was about 4 or 5, when my dad gave me a Nintendo Game Boy COLOUR!!!! and I started playing an old Mario game :)

SoulChaserJ

Sep 21, 2009
I'm 33, I started at about 5 on my Tandy Color Computer with text adventure games.
I started my daughter at age 2 with Jumpstart games.