How would you Change the canon?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
For Star Wars, I would make Force Unleashed an anthology series. I enjoyed the original enough but I would completely change that. The first could be about the rise and fall of Naga Sadow. The second about the Q'el Droma brothers. Also for Star Wars: change the MMO into a third true KotOR 3.

For Halo, I would either take out The Gravemind completely or, inflate his role to the point that you actually fight the bastard.

I would love to see Mask of the Phantasm remade...into the first R-Rated Batman film. Live action, of course, and quite a bit longer so as to have more murder.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Vausch said:
Dr Jones said:
Shadowstar38 said:
Dragon Ball Z
-I'd change everything after the Cell saga so that Gohan is actually a decent fighter and can replace the older guys, instead of Goku coming to save the day for the 100th time.
Gohan is a completely good fighter after the Cell saga. Especially as "Ultimate Gohan", he just isn't as strong as his father since, of course, Goku is pure Sayain.
*puts on nerd hat*

Actually it was established that Gohan has the potential to be stronger than Goku because of his human side causing his emotional state to have a much more dramatic effect on his power. Really the only reason Gohan became weaker than Goku over the time skip was the peaceful times and Goku still training while he was dead. I mean what else would he have done?

Ultimate Gohan honestly confused me a bit, I still don't get why he didn't physically go super saiyan. Heck, screw the Vegeta v. SSJ3 Goku, I wanna see Ultimate Gohan V. SSJ3 Goku.
From what I've gathered is that as Ultimate Gohan, he didn't have the ability to turn Super Sayian any more. Ultimate Gohan was where he had all the power stored in him brought to the surface. Turning super sayian took a great deal of energy (as explained in the cell saga where Gohan and Goku train to remain Super Sayian for that very reason.) and the whole thing about Ultimate Gohan was that he was set at a permanent SS2 level without the need to every charge up.

And yes, GT does fuck up this theory as he goes super sayian in that but I refuse to acknowledge that terrible tripe as being related to Dragon Ball. (Much like how I convince myself that the Majin Buu saga doesn't really exist)

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Fragmented_Faith said:
I would take 40K and undo some of the more idiotic IMO moves made back during the crusade. The emperor would of taken the time to help or at least talk to Agron after stealing him away from his gladiator army instead of teleporting him direct to his flagship to murder a distressing number of his legion in blind fury. Also, if a random member of the thousand sons could undo what was done to the world eaters how in hells name could the emperor himself not notice something was up with his newest son and fix it?

And speaking of the thousand sons. Why did nobody, nobody at all even consider that perhaps a loyalist primarch might just have a reason to break the newly established law on psykers and sorcery. Yes Magnus did something bad, massively so but all the same...
Have you ever heard of the Dornian Heresy? It's basically 40k but all the legions switch loyalties.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=458

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=226986

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=214274

Different decisions like, yes, letting Angron finish his business and ruling in favor of Magnus. These solve some problems, but cause others.

I highly recommend it.

Really, the only thing in the Heresy I would have changed is Magnus lying at the council of Nikea. That's probably the only lie he ever told in his life and it screwed him over royally.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
ME2
Aria tells shepard "I am Omega" and "Do NOT fuck with Aria".
Shepard lifts her particle beam and fires. Aria's chest explodes from the heat, spraying blood and viscera all over the walls.

The end.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Doctor Who
the eight doctor is canon but not half human.

the 7th doctor didn't die from getting shot but old age.

Susan Foreman is still alive along with Genie (I know it subtracts from the Doctor being the last Time Lord but Genie is confirmed to be alive and Susan was on earth during the time war.)

Gallifrey returns.

Love and Monster isn't canon.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
Starcraft II. The end just turned into a mess of idiocy.
First off, the shadowy figure with the kill-switch on Findlay is Mengsk? And he didn't kill him when he stole a giant robot suit, smashed up his capital city, and drove him from power? All on the incredible off-chance that he would (somehow) happen to be in the same place as Kerrigan when she just happens to (somehow) be vulnerable to bullet wounds? That's ludicrous.

Almost as bad is Raynor. He knows later on that his buddy is at the mercy of some unknown puppet master. And he does nothing. He doesn't try to help him. He doesn't try to feed said puppetmaster false information. He doesn't kill Findlay or even send him somewhere where he can't be forced to cause trouble. He just foolishly waits for the obvious trap to slam shut.

So I'd change that puppetmaster to someone else. I'd let Raynor try to disable the link or use it (Now there's moral choice!) and at least have a modicum of intelligence.

Also: that media-personality sparring was ridiculous. No competent dictatorship would allow someone to criticize the government on the air. At the very least Kate should've been fired. She could also have been punished, anywhere from a fine to death, in order to ensure more favorable reporting from her successor. Her continuing presence at UNN was inconceivable.

warrcry13

Jun 6, 2010
spartan231490 said:
warrcry13 said:
spartan231490 said:
Sword of Truth series is my favorite. Canon changes? I honestly really fucking like the canon the way it is, but let me think about it for a second. I would make the unwritten rule known for sure, not leave it quasi ambiguous. Oh, and
I wouldn't kill off Warren

The second one is actually the one I would do first. Oh, and fitch the character would pretty much just cease to exist. God he was annoying as fuck.

I agree with your spoiler tagged one. Only character who looks at things rationally. I just finished that book. Waiting for the person who got me into he series to find the next book so I can start reading again. Hate it when people drag ass like that.

Fitch wasn't nearly annoying as Nicci in that book IMO. I literally wanted her to just get stabbed.

For my choice in the Warhammer 40K book Eisenhorn. I would make it so Ravenor didn't get melted by the fire. I mean who can take a talking floating chair seriously?

Also Dragonlance. How all the gods died, and that stupid ***** Mina came in. It ruined Krynn for me. I didn't read past the first book with Mina.
Pretty much all the main characters look at things rationally, that's kinda the point. And yes, Nicci was really irritating in that book as well, but I had a bigger issue with Fitch.

Ionno man Kahlan can be pretty naive at times. Generally most of the characters are rational. Every now and then one of em stops being rational, and it's just a big break from the established character.

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
Twilight_guy said:
Legend of Zelda: Make it absolutely clear that there is no timeline, these are all alternate universes that have nothing to do with each other. Some people need to stop trying to solve this impossible puzzle and do something useful with their lives.
This. Skyward Sword convinced me that Miyamoto is just trolling the people trying to find some sanity in the timeline at this point.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
While I forgot this one on my original:

CODE-D said:
Naruto: Series ends with a fight between Sasuke and Naruto after the Pain Invasion. None of this MIND CONTROL LASER IN THE MOON crap
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm...NO! Tobi rules!

How about we forget Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and the manga and just keep the original anime.
Tobi is a decent humor generator. Tobi thing that is currently the villian is a colossal joke to the level that Pokemon fans laugh at him.

Face it, everyone else who loves Naruto has, Kishimoto went brain dead during the Pain Arc
....Not on the Naruto forum Im on, Tobis the favorite character/villain or close to it and the mystery around him has theories out the wazoo. Or are you even up to date...?
Besides Nagato was a pussy villain-he wasnt even a villain, Tobi was manipulating him.

Tobi
http://www.mangareader.net/93-57473-15/naruto/chapter-510.html
isnt
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/520/8
to be belittled
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/544/15
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/564/15

Also Im glad Diva died, Im not glad they freakin started crying about it
RRIIIIKUUUUU!!!

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
AgDr_ODST said:
Just a simple question that I've thought about at length that I would like to ask my fellow escapists. How in what way big or small would you change your favorite series (game, movie book, anime all forms are welcome) if you been granted the option to do so?

For starters I would take the Harry Potter book's and have Cho Chang stay as Harry's love interest and make it work instead of allowing that to end in disaster and him move on to Ginny which is kinda cliche in my humble estimation. That is the biggest one for me, other things (while they really arent technically 'canon changes') would be allowing player choice in the beginning of Read Dead Redemption's final act so that we can whether John marches to certain death out the barn door or flees with his family. I would have had the 2nd Boondock Saints movie made at least 5 years sooner than it actually was. I'd expand on Halo 2's ending so we wouldn't be left with *'finishing this fight' /fade to credits*. And also while again not canon changing I would do the collective Valve fanbase a favor and have the much promised Episode 3/Half Life 3 finally made.

on topic, I'd change everything after FFVII to not being made, so as to preserve a very good story and universe

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
CODE-D said:

CODE-D said:
Naruto: Series ends with a fight between Sasuke and Naruto after the Pain Invasion. None of this MIND CONTROL LASER IN THE MOON crap

How about we forget Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and the manga and just keep the original anime.
Tobi is a decent humor generator. Tobi thing that is currently the villian is a colossal joke to the level that Pokemon fans laugh at him.

Face it, everyone else who loves Naruto has, Kishimoto went brain dead during the Pain Arc
....Not on the Naruto forum Im on, Tobis the favorite character/villain or close to it and the mystery around him has theories out the wazoo. Or are you even up to date...?
Besides Nagato was a pussy villain-he wasnt even a villain, Tobi was manipulating him.

Tobi
isnt
to be belittled

RRIIIIKUUUUU!!!
Now you're just trying to make me angry.

Diva was not the bad guy! Personally, if someone did to me what Joel did to her, I'd kill everyone there too.

And as far as Tobi goes, the MIND CONTROL LASER IN THE MOON, is dumb beyond all recognition, the collection of sharingans and rinnigans is bonkers, resurrecting everyone who ever died to fight for the bad guys is something DC tried and failed at, and Kishimoto can't even follow his own damn rules.

1) Why can Sasuke fire off dozens upon dozens of Magenkyo jutsus with no drawback while Itachi, who had it SEVEN YEARS LONGER suffered from using one or two?

2) Why does Kishimoto not follow his own damn element system? According to his own element system, lightning is weak to wind. Naruto hit the 2nd Raikage with the STRONGEST WIND JUTSU EVER CREATED, and it doesn't even scratch him? I call BS.

I could go on and on, but I think I've said enough.
ok let me try to explain things first the "mind control lazer in the moon" thats not what tobi's(madera's) plan his plan is to use the power of all the tails beast to amplify the power of the sharingan so it can be reflected off the moon and thus effect everyone.
the resurrecting everyone thing was more kabuto's idea tobis was to use zetsu. as for the multi eye thing pain did it it is possible.

1) if your talking about the danzo fight it did have an bad effect, he was just so pissed he didnt care. after that he had his brothers eyes and thus the true Mangenkyo Sharinggan.
2) havent read that but it probabbly one of two things:
A) he was a res guy and thus attack to the body are usless.
or
B)he combined his lightning with something that strangthed it(you know how wind empowers fire)
does this explain it better?

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
this isnt my name said:
Vault101 said:
this isnt my name said:
Mass effect 1 was the only ME game I like, and 2 n 3 jsut make the stor worse and worse. Canon ending, shepard arrives t the citadle, kills sren, but then is too ate and soverign releases the reapers. It says alot when the only way to fix something is releasing the galactic genocide machines.
so you read the story leaks? seriously why would anyone do that?..then again I supose if you werent that into ME2 your not going to rush out and get ME3 or want to know little as possible

and NO, DO NOT TELL ME A DAMN THING I dont want to know
Why ? Because the writing in ME2 sucked and I thought the story would suck, I was right, just curious how t would play out. I expected bad but damn.

I hated what they did to ME with ME2, add in horrible writing, I didnt care much about ME3, I was just bitter and pessimistic about the franchise, now im glad im not hyped. Its not a spoiler, but im going to warn you, uless bioware changes lot between the leaks and release, the ide that choices have impact, is a blatant lie.
ok first proof read before you post. second what you have said is you opinion somthing everyone is intitled to have just dont push it on others. i liked the writeing for ME2 mostly because i looked at it as the middle book in a trilligy, you know the one were you introduce new characters and flesh out old ones?

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
I'd give Clone High several more seasons, as it was the greatest thing to ever happen to VH1 (granted that's not saying much).
I guess I'd like to add a Belmont descendant in the Blade series at some point.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
ecoho said:
CODE-D said:

CODE-D said:

Tobi
isnt
to be belittled

RRIIIIKUUUUU!!!
Now you're just trying to make me angry.

Diva was not the bad guy! Personally, if someone did to me what Joel did to her, I'd kill everyone there too.

And as far as Tobi goes, the MIND CONTROL LASER IN THE MOON, is dumb beyond all recognition, the collection of sharingans and rinnigans is bonkers, resurrecting everyone who ever died to fight for the bad guys is something DC tried and failed at, and Kishimoto can't even follow his own damn rules.

1) Why can Sasuke fire off dozens upon dozens of Magenkyo jutsus with no drawback while Itachi, who had it SEVEN YEARS LONGER suffered from using one or two?

2) Why does Kishimoto not follow his own damn element system? According to his own element system, lightning is weak to wind. Naruto hit the 2nd Raikage with the STRONGEST WIND JUTSU EVER CREATED, and it doesn't even scratch him? I call BS.

I could go on and on, but I think I've said enough.
ok let me try to explain things first the "mind control lazer in the moon" thats not what tobi's(madera's) plan his plan is to use the power of all the tails beast to amplify the power of the sharingan so it can be reflected off the moon and thus effect everyone.
the resurrecting everyone thing was more kabuto's idea tobis was to use zetsu. as for the multi eye thing pain did it it is possible.

1) if your talking about the danzo fight it did have an bad effect, he was just so pissed he didnt care. after that he had his brothers eyes and thus the true Mangenkyo Sharinggan.
2) havent read that but it probabbly one of two things:
A) he was a res guy and thus attack to the body are usless.
or
B)he combined his lightning with something that strangthed it(you know how wind empowers fire)
does this explain it better?
Yeah, I know Tobi's plan, but it doesn't change the fact that as far as evil villian plots go, it's up there with sharks with lasers attached to their heads.

As far as Sasuke goes, I'm talking about his use of the jutsus in the fight versus the Kages. By my count, he used Tsukuyomi 4 times, Amaterasu 8 times, and Susano'o 3 times. That's more than Itachi used in his entire appearance in the manga. And yet he still had enough power to fight Danzou the whole time, with almost no drawback? Are you kidding me?

2) the res guys do take the full damage when hit, they just reform about 60 seconds later. The shield was called the Lighting Shield, implying that it was purely lightning. And yet the attack didn't do anything. BS
yeah kinda is cheesy but hey could be worse.

Sasuke did have problems with the kages he ended up needing to be saved by tobi and karin.

the res guy kinda confuses me i havent read that far yet(my comp i can read crap on is being fixed on parents pc) but if hes a tailed beast guy that would explain it as each beast is the pinicle of their element.